ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 95
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:09 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I just think that's a very blanket statement, I myself am not familiar with it. The entire subject seems foreign to me as I wasn't brought up like that.
Well it's not really a controversial statement. If you're imagining legitimate school classes in which young white children are being quizzed on why black people are inferior, that may be the issue.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:21 AM 06-08-2020
Can someone explain to me why Michael Brown was mentioned in that video? I thought it was proven that his death was a justified shooting.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:33 AM 06-08-2020
How many in here actually know the numbers of deaths of black people vs white people at the hands of police? How many in here know how many arrests are made of each race? How many of each race are arrested for violent crimes? How many of each race were killed by police while unarmed? I suspect not too many of you do.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:02 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
How many in here actually know the numbers of deaths of black people vs white people at the hands of police? How many in here know how many arrests are made of each race? How many of each race are arrested for violent crimes? How many of each race were killed by police while unarmed? I suspect not too many of you do.
Depends. Are you using the deliberately misleading data from Heather Macdonald to make this point?
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...lice-killings/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 06-08-2020
Active duty American soldiers tear gassing the constitutionally protected peaceful protesters, their fellow citizens was an abomination. Using active military soldiers for a partisan political photo op. :-)

I think public opinion turned at that moment. Polls are now showing 80%+ say the protests are justified. This is starting to feel like a turning point in America. Something might actually get done to move us in a positive direction towards equality for all US citizens.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:26 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Depends. Are you using the deliberately misleading data from Heather Macdonald to make this point?
:-)

This sounds like someone I know from this thread...

Originally Posted by :
Of course, you won’t be shocked to learn that people like Mac Donald only pretend to care about statistics, and invoke them whenever they can prove that black victims deserve their fate.

[Reply]
BigRichard 08:28 AM 06-08-2020
I am not using any data. I am asking a question.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
:-)

This sounds like someone I know from this thread...
You can manipulate stats if you try hard enough.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:31 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Active duty American soldiers tear gassing the constitutionally protected peaceful protesters, their fellow citizens was an abomination. Using active military soldiers for a partisan political photo op. :-)

I think public opinion turned at that moment. Polls are now showing 80%+ say the protests are justified. This is starting to feel like a turning point in America. Something might actually get done to move us in a positive direction towards equality for all US citizens.
I thought this was about the unjust treatment of black men at the hands of police? Are we now somewhere else?
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:32 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You can manipulate stats if you try hard enough.
Yes, I have seen many on the left try to do so.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:37 AM 06-08-2020
Good post. I had read the 18.5x figure a ton lately and had never given a shit enough to check into it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 06-08-2020
I thought this was about the unjust treatment of black men at the hands of police? Are we now somewhere else?
Don't be obtuse. Active military soldiers were used on citizens "protests unjust treatment of black men at the hands of police".

I know you may want to spin it or deflect it but it actually happened. A line was crossed in the separation of our military and politics. The soldiers serve the country, not a single politician.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:46 AM 06-08-2020
Yes, I have seen many on the left try to do so.
I see you really took the time to read that article.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:51 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Don't be obtuse. Active military soldiers were used on citizens "protests unjust treatment of black men at the hands of police".

I know you may want to spin it or deflect it but it actually happened. A line was crossed in the separation of our military and politics. The soldiers serve the country, not a single politician.
So which is it? Equality or police brutality?
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:52 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Good post. I had read the 18.5x figure a ton lately and had never given a shit enough to check into it.
Why not cut out the middle men and just do your own research? The numbers are out there for everyone to see.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 95
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up