ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:49 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Can someone answer the question above? Thanks sweethearts!
The answers to your questions are:

I was shocked he ran a 4.77 40-yard - that's pretty bad huh? Yes

Does/Did Miami use him in the slot? is he hard to tackle or something? Yes, Must not be too hard to tackle given his low ypr.

And now my question:

Do you like Lion's Choice roast beef sandwiches? I think they're really good.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:52 PM 02-22-2018
Jarvis Landry is an excellent possession receiver with really good hands. He gets a ton of targets on the Dolphins that he wouldn't get here because the Chiefs have a lot more options. Plus, Miami just franchised him so he'll be expensive.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:53 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Over the next 3 years.....Peters would cost us:

2018: $3 million
2019: Fifth year option - Roughly $9 million (as of right now)
2020: Franchise tag - Roughly $14 million (as of right now)

Why the **** would we trade him before 2019?
Not a matter of his playing ability. Clark, I'm sure can't stand his antics. His immature and unprofessional bullshit is why he may get traded. He's been a difference maker for certain.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:54 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The answers to your questions are:

I was shocked he ran a 4.77 40-yard - that's pretty bad huh? Yes

Does/Did Miami use him in the slot? is he hard to tackle or something? Yes, Must not be too hard to tackle given his low ypr and mediocre TDs.

And now my question:

Do you like Lion's Choice roast beef sandwiches? I think they're really good.
Thank you Patteeu - I have never tried them - they do look good though - where is there one? Baldwin Mo? any other locations? what do you put on yours?

here's a review from a YT Channel I've never seen -

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:56 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Jarvis Landry is an excellent possession receiver with really good hands. He gets a ton of targets on the Dolphins that he wouldn't get here because the Chiefs have a lot more options. Plus, Miami just franchised him so he'll be expensive.
Thank you - that's very courteous of you to provide a follow-up answer atop Pats - I like how you were set on keeping me in the loop on football knowledge - thank you - it won't be forgotten!
[Reply]
patteeu 12:56 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Thank you Patteeu - I have never tried them - they do look good though - where is there one? Baldwin Mo? any other locations? what do you put on yours?

here's a review from a YT Channel I've never seen -

Well, I don't want to derail the thread, but I get them when I visit or pass through St. Louis. They have lots of locations there. I use swiss, horseradish and bbq sauce. Give it a try sometime. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:57 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Well, I don't want to derail the thread, but I get them when I visit or pass through St. Louis. They have lots of locations there. I use swiss, horseradish and bbq sauce. Give it a try sometime. :-)
I will when I come home - thank you!
[Reply]
RunKC 01:18 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's probably not equal value though, when you factor in what he's production would be or has been.

You'd create a hole at a spot that's pretty tough to fill.

If they move him this early, it must be pretty bad behind the scenes.
I think that if you know he’s gone, you slap the franchise tag on him and trade him. If you’re trading him, you’re getting a high 2nd rd pick at the very least along with $14 million to extend good players.

Keeping Peters on the franchise tag might keep us from extending a player. I’d sacrifice 1 year of Peters for a high 2nd rd pick (1st?) and maybe an additional pick compared to a 3rd rd comp pick. That’s a big disparity. You are far more likely to get a premier player from an early 2nd/1st compared to a 3rd rd comp.
[Reply]
threebag 01:21 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Over the next 3 years.....Peters would cost us:

2018: $3 million
2019: Fifth year option - Roughly $9 million (as of right now)
2020: Franchise tag - Roughly $14 million (as of right now)

Why the fuck would we trade him before 2019?
Team chemistry
Guy writing the check says so
Something known only to a few inside
Disgruntled player
Sometimes pieces just don't fit without any explanation
Maybe a shift in team dynamics maybe we are going to go all out on offense now?
It's all speculation at this point.

Your getting all lathered up like the black stallions been mounting you up all morning.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:29 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Not a matter of his playing ability. Clark, I'm sure can't stand his antics. His immature and unprofessional bullshit is why he may get traded. He's been a difference maker for certain.
I love how “Clark” is a stand in for the balding, goateed True Fan segment of the fan base.
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think that if you know he’s gone, you slap the franchise tag on him and trade him. If you’re trading him, you’re getting a high 2nd rd pick at the very least along with $14 million to extend good players.

Keeping Peters on the franchise tag might keep us from extending a player. I’d sacrifice 1 year of Peters for a high 2nd rd pick (1st?) and maybe an additional pick compared to a 3rd rd comp pick. That’s a big disparity. You are far more likely to get a premier player from an early 2nd/1st compared to a 3rd rd comp.
Having an elite corner is gonna be worth more than extending an ILB though or whoever it is that isn't a QB or a pass rusher.

You'd be tagging Peters in 2020. That's gonna be the year your really looking to push for a SB with Mahomes on a rookie deal.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:28 PM 02-22-2018
I'm trying to understand this rumor, as when I first saw it the only reasoning i saw was "Well, the chiefs traded for Fuller and signed Amerson, so they might be looking to trade Peters".

Only a dipshit would, using that logic alone, think Peters is on the trade block. KC's secondary was tragically bad, and particularly at the CB position.

IT's just amazing. We're in an era when QB's can barely be touched while routinely tossing for 4000 yards. You spend 60% of your snaps with an extra DB on the field.

What kind of absolute moron would think KC is bringing in secondary talent to replace, rather than bolster, Marcus Peters?

Of course I expect some KC fans to want him traded. Loads of KC fans were on board with trading Derrick Thomas, and you didn't need the internet to know how popular that idea was among 'fans'. A HUGE portion of the fanbase wanted to run Eric Berry out of town just a few years ago. "The only reason anyone says he's good is because he overcame cancer' and other such stupidity leaking from their word holes.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:37 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm trying to understand this rumor, as when I first saw it the only reasoning i saw was "Well, the chiefs traded for Fuller and signed Amerson, so they might be looking to trade Peters".

Only a dipshit would, using that logic alone, think Peters is on the trade block. KC's secondary was tragically bad, and particularly at the CB position.

IT's just amazing. We're in an era when QB's can barely be touched while routinely tossing for 4000 yards. You spend 60% of your snaps with an extra DB on the field.

What kind of absolute moron would think KC is bringing in secondary talent to replace, rather than bolster, Marcus Peters?

Of course I expect some KC fans to want him traded. Loads of KC fans were on board with trading Derrick Thomas, and you didn't need the internet to know how popular that idea was among 'fans'. A HUGE portion of the fanbase wanted to run Eric Berry out of town just a few years ago. "The only reason anyone says he's good is because he overcame cancer' and other such stupidity leaking from their word holes.
Anyone who has said this needs to be kicked in the face and frankly banned from being able to form an opinion ever again.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:42 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Anyone who has said this needs to be kicked in the face and frankly banned from being able to form an opinion ever again.
It would have been more people than you'd want banned.

'**** Eric Berry" was a trendy position on this site after the 2015 season. I didn't really engage it other than saying 'This is why we can't have nice things'. Just like I don't really engage people who want to run Peters out of town because he doesn't stand when they think he should.

I more or less just mock them peripherally.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:51 PM 02-22-2018
There were plenty of people on here who thought Berry wasn’t worth the money we were going to pay him.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Up