ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 61
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024 NCAA Tourney Thread***
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:41 PM 03-19-2024
Tourney begins momentarily with Howard/Wagner as the first play-in game, followed by Colorado St/Virginia later this evening.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:49 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Part of that was Dickinson was a threat from 3 which allowed him to open up the rest of the floor. Edey isn't that guy, and they don't have anyone as explosive as KJ or as long and sound as McCullar.

It will probably look different, but Edey's passing will be a problem for UConn if they come out soft.
You’re right, Dickinson’s shooting ability made a huge difference in that matchup which Edey very clearly doesn’t have. I still think Edey should be able to get his, but Clingan may give him more trouble than he is used to (and even a slight drop in his production will just about kill that Purdue team).
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:55 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Edey isn’t a lottery pick because he clearly won’t be able to play defense at the next level against NBA level speed and shooting with his mobility, not because he isn’t a better college player than Clingan (which he is). He’s one of the best college players of all time given the offensive dominance overall.

That said, UConn is far superior at every other position and that should more than prove to be the difference. Especially given that Clingan will likely limit Edey more than he is used to.
Yeah I agree. It’s not a knock on edey who is a terrific college player. It’s more saying that in college the game is sometimes over before the game even starts when you have such a size advantage over an opponent that just doesn’t have a single big or the depth to handle it. I’m not saying that’s the only thing Purdue does but they sure got Edey to the FT line an awful awful lot in the tourney. Apart from nc state who I think everyone knew was a little in over their heads.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:10 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah I agree. It’s not a knock on edey who is a terrific college player. It’s more saying that in college the game is sometimes over before the game even starts when you have such a size advantage over an opponent that just doesn’t have a single big or the depth to handle it. I’m not saying that’s the only thing Purdue does but they sure got Edey to the FT line an awful awful lot in the tourney. Apart from nc state who I think everyone knew was a little in over their heads.
I’ll be very interested to see how straight up Hurley decides to play Edey. I think he will take his chances on Clingan being able to slow him down somewhat (even at the risk of foul trouble) than giving up open 3s to his teammates.

I also expect UConn to run a ton and put him into every screen they can on the offensive end.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:25 PM 04-07-2024
Cal to Arkansas?

What the fuck?!?!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:29 PM 04-07-2024
Rams Fan lost :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:36 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Rams Fan lost :-)
Calipari leaving isn’t surprising.

Him leaving after the AD publicly stuck his neck out and went on TV is. Especially to an in conference school.

Whatever. Kentucky isn’t like Nebraska. They’ll hire someone. May not win or make a F4 right away, but Lexington will be less insufferable.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:26 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Calipari leaving isn’t surprising.

Him leaving after the AD publicly stuck his neck out and went on TV is. Especially to an in conference school.

Whatever. Kentucky isn’t like Nebraska. They’ll hire someone. May not win or make a F4 right away, but Lexington will be less insufferable.
Nebraska has the national coach of the year. How awful

A coach leaving a "blue blood" is embarrassing
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:30 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nebraska has the national coach of the year. How awful

A coach leaving a "blue blood" is embarrassing
I think most Kansas fans would take Self over Roy, no?

And I was referring to Nebraska football. Kentucky won’t fade into being irrelevant.

I didn’t want Calipari to leave because I do think he is a good coach and the fanbase is toxic as fuck with regards to basketball. I can’t blame him for wanting out. But it might also be good for change. Just shocked it’s Arkansas.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:35 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What’s more likely?

UCONN by 15+ or Purdue wins?

UCONN imo.
Purdue wins and it isn't even close.

Purdue probably wins 3 out of 10.

UConn shouldn't have to double Edey much though since they have Clingan.

People are acting like UConn is unbeatable. They arent. They dont even really have any potentially NBA All-Stars on there team. Maybe no future NBA starters. Just a very good team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:58 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think most Kansas fans would take Self over Roy, no?

And I was referring to Nebraska football. Kentucky won’t fade into being irrelevant.

I didn’t want Calipari to leave because I do think he is a good coach and the fanbase is toxic as **** with regards to basketball. I can’t blame him for wanting out. But it might also be good for change. Just shocked it’s Arkansas.
Kentucky basketball is already doing that and trying to hire your FB coach the AD at A&M ran out :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:27 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Cal to Arkansas?

What the fuck?!?!
Love to see those T shirt fans "blue bloods" humbled a bit. NIL is that game changer. Can Cal adapt?Look forward to more tears in the future from "other" fanbases.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:07 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Love to see those T shirt fans "blue bloods" humbled a bit. NIL is that game changer. Can Cal adapt?Look forward to more tears in the future from "other" fanbases.
Obsessed
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:32 PM 04-08-2024
80/20 Purdue fans here. Super low expectations but everyone is having a blast.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:33 PM 04-08-2024
Man I don't want to see UConn just obliterate Purdue. Really hoping for a tight game down the stretch.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:35 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
80/20 Purdue fans here. Super low expectations but everyone is having a blast.
Are you in Phoenix?!?
[Reply]
Page 50 of 61
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up