ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Open Carry
HemiEd 05:44 AM 06-01-2024
My last two trips to our little town of Branson West resulted in seeing private citizens with a pistol holstered.

I was right behind one in line at the bank and the other one came in to shoot the shit with the barber cutting my hair. The only thing holding the second guys gun in the holster was gravity, no strap.

I am pro gun and all for peoples rights, but why? Why does someone feel they need to be packing heat while running errands?

It makes me pretty uncomfortable to say the least. Is this person stable enough to packing heat? Is he or she sober? Are they worried about a jealous lover or spouse gunning them down? Is there going to be a shootout?

What is your opinion? Are we all going to have to be packing soon? Are we going to regress to 200 years ago, like the wild west?

Who vetted this person to have this weapon in public?
[Reply]
jdubya 09:59 AM 06-01-2024
Where I am (Ca), open carry can get you charged with felony brandishment. Having said that, I draw much quicker with an outside the waistband holster than inside the waistband for now.......but a large T-shirt can still cover an OTW holster although it would definitely print. Personally Id rather not want other people know I am carrying but those that do open carry dont bother me a bit. When I visit out of state friends its fairly common.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:03 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What? No it isn't. Post office yes, Bank's no. They are private entities and make their own rules...
I stand corrected. Thanks. But it’s an internet message board. Even when I’m wrong I’m supposed to continue acting like I know best.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:10 AM 06-01-2024
It's a 2 inch penis extension for 99% of them.
[Reply]
scho63 10:10 AM 06-01-2024
I'm not a gun carrier or fan of weapons but love the 2nd Amendment.

I have yet to hear one story about a lawful NRA member going and shooting up places

99% or more of all gun related murders are stolen or illegally obtained weapons.

My first experience with open carry was in late 70's in Houston Texas. I had taken a trip in a tractor trailer from NJ to TX and while in a diner, a group of men with cowboy hats and boots all had their firearms on the table.

Here in AZ I used to see it often when I first arrived in 2017 but I have seen none in the last 4-5 years.

It's more common as you get further north in Scottsdale, Cave Creek and Carefree.

I also spent two weeks in Havana Cuba in March/April 2000 and saw all the military with machine guns and rifles all over Havana at night. Felt incredibly safe.

Never seen a citizen with a weapon in any country outside the US.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:11 AM 06-01-2024
I use to open carry when I was younger. A lot of it depends on the laws. As it was legal for me to open carry but concealed carry required a permit.

I honestly prefer to open carry. It is easier and more comfortable than concealed carry. With open carry I can use my preferred weapons where size isn't an issue. Especially during the summer when I would be in shorts and t shirt or cut off.

I don't open carry any more. Cause I got tired of every idiot that freaks out at the sight of a gun. It really shouldn't be a big deal if someone has a legal firearm. But our society has made everybody scared of a simple tool.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:15 AM 06-01-2024
The new micro peen is people in zero crime burbs with home security systems that announce "you are currently being recorded" as you walk by their beautifully manicured front lawn while out for a morning stroll

We've created a climate of fear
[Reply]
scho63 10:28 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The new micro peen is people in zero crime burbs with home security systems that announce "you are currently being recorded" as you walk by their beautifully manicured front lawn while out for a morning stroll

All about control sadly. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:29 AM 06-01-2024
Same reason everyone has lifted trucks and a monthly payment equal to their rent.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:32 AM 06-01-2024
I probably wouldn't but I have zero problem with it.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:36 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Open carrying is for tools just wanting to show off what they have. If I were going to go on a rampage the first thing I’m doing when entering a building is checking for open carrying idiots. I’m taking them out first. It’ll get rid of any obvious known threats I have.

Carrying a gun into a bank is still illegal since it’s a federal building. Same as the post office.
A bank is not a federal building. It's federally insured. There's a difference. Speaking only of Ohio and Ky, they can put a sign up and ask you to leave if they see it but it's not illegal.

Post office is a little more sticky. It wasn't a law to restrict carry in a post office until 1972 but in Jan of this year a federal judge in FL ruled it unconstitutional.

As far as your very first sentence. That's BS.
[Reply]
-King- 11:19 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
With the state the world is currently in, I don’t blame anyone who wants to open carry. Sure, you could just conceal, but if it’s out in the open the heathens are a lot less likely to start any shit. I would never personally do it, but I totally understand why someone would. Definitely should at least have a strap though, that seems a little far just letting it dangle.
Or you're the first target if something happens.

There's just no smart reason to do it other than trying to show off or you have a hardon for arguing with anti-gunners. It's just for attention and nothing more.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:21 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

I prefer to record people when they don't know I'm recording them, tyvm.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:40 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I prefer to record people when they don't know I'm recording them, tyvm.
I’ve been pulling out my phone as I walk by and saying “so are you bitch”
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:43 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:

There's just no smart reason to do it other than trying to show off or you have a hardon for arguing with anti-gunners. It's just for attention and nothing more.
This is bullshit. Criminals go for the easy target. People open carrying is a deterrence. Just like having a police presence is a deterrence.

Same reason criminals usually don't try to rob gun stores or places/people that are likely to be armed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:45 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:

Met a man at one of our training sessions a few years back that had a physical issue with his left arm that allowed him only about 70% use of it. Consequently he had a very difficult time lifting his shirt with his left hand, making concealed carry problematic at best if not impossible. Ditto reloading, even racking took several seconds or even attempts. He had ful function of his right arm/hand. Open carry was his only real option.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up