ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Attacking kneeldowns in the victory formation. What's your opinion?
Football is a 60-minute game. If it gives you a chance to win, you obviously do it. 18 15.65%
You should do it to try to win, but the injury risk may outweigh the reward. 6 5.22%
I'm neutral. I'm usually in the bathroom when the kneeldowns occur anyway. 2 1.74%
I'll deal with it if someone does it, because the game's not over. But it's kind of stupid. 20 17.39%
It's poor sportsmanship. Class up and acknowledge that you've lost. 64 55.65%
Kneeldowns shouldn't happen anyway. Keep attacking because scoring is the eighth or ninth tiebreaker for the playoffs. 5 4.35%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Attacking kneeldowns: good football or bad sportsmanship?
Mile High Mania 07:08 PM 12-09-2019
"It annoyed me because it's not going to work 999 times out of 1000. The general protocol of football is that if a team is kneeling down you let them do it because the game is essentially over."

I think you're looking for that 1 out of a 1,000 times in the situation you describe, if you're the defense. Very little time left, 1 score game with the opponent backed up on their own goal... you smash 'em.

If KC were up by 2 scores, I doubt you see much smashing.
[Reply]
seclark 07:10 PM 12-09-2019
Take the knee
Hold the fuckin ball
Simple
Sec
[Reply]
Sully 08:02 PM 12-09-2019
It's a bullshit thing to do, with very little chance for "success," but if a team or player wants to risk their rep and/or retaliation, then have at it.
But if I were a ref and saw that, then I certainly wouldnt find fault with an OL taking out a guy's knees in the next kneel-down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:02 PM 12-09-2019
My irrational hatred for the Patriots says it's shitty and should be penalized and every player ejected and the fans lined up and executed and the franchise folded.

Any other team....I'm ok with it.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:40 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
My irrational hatred for the Patriots says it's shitty and should be penalized and every player ejected and the fans lined up and executed and the franchise folded.

Any other team....I'm ok with it.
That all seems reasonable to me.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:48 PM 12-09-2019
In all honesty it is call the Victory formation not a "kneeldown".
A person can point to Rivers and that instance. I will point to the HC that lost his team and job, Greg Schiano, for using these types of tactics. It is no different than just running the score up mercilessly . There is suppose to be some honor amongst men.
[Reply]
The Refs 09:53 PM 12-09-2019
It's within the rules to do this.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:44 PM 12-09-2019
Rivers play wasnt a victory formation kneel down..it was a tie game and he was either going to kneel it or sneak it to get a centered field goal. .and some time off the clock
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:48 AM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
Rasputin 05:20 AM 12-10-2019
It's only good football when we do it but it's bad sportsmanship when other teams do it to us :-)
[Reply]
StockingAnarchy12 05:33 AM 12-10-2019
Has any team ever fumbled and lost possession on a kneel down?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:28 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12:
Has any team ever fumbled and lost possession on a kneel down?
How old are you?
The most obvious for a Chiefs fan is when we took one away from Phyllis, cry me a, Rivers for a TD.
[Reply]
StockingAnarchy12 02:00 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How old are you?
The most obvious for a Chiefs fan is when we took one away from Phyllis, cry me a, Rivers for a TD.
I am a Patriots fan who comes here on occasion.

Was just generally curious. Since its happened I guess I can see the point of trying to recover it, but also agree that it can be seen as basically pointless because the chances are so minimal. I think during one Patriots game in maybe 2009 or so they almost recovered one but thats it.
[Reply]
oldman 08:03 AM 12-10-2019
I believe the correct answer is "Any time Bill Belecheat scowls, a 15 yard penalty for unsportsman like conduct will be enforced" . But that's just my opinion.
Back to the original question, in this instance, no. There was a possibility of a bad snap or false start which would have moved our team back. If it would have been close enough to the endzone, a kneel down might result in a safety and the chance to win the game. Now if the scum Pats were intentionally trying to injure one of our guys, then a 15 yard foul should have been called, ball moved, a hefty fine levied for all involved, and suspensions given, end of discussion, end of game.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up