ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
DTHOF 06:03 AM 04-14-2021
I have a question that maybe someone with medical background could answer.

So if someone has been exposed to covid or had it and their body has fought it off what is the point of the vaccine. From my understanding vaccines have been for when people have not had the ability to fight it off or the virus acts so quickly it kills them before the body can fight it off. i.e Mumps, polio, etc...

Or is there another reason to get it?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:21 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DTHOF:

So if someone has been exposed to covid or had it and their body has fought it off what is the point of the vaccine. From my understanding vaccines have been for when people have not had the ability to fight it off or the virus acts so quickly it kills them before the body can fight it off. i.e Mumps, polio, etc...

If you had covid, and had symptoms - your body essentially failed to "fight it off"
[Reply]
Monticore 07:19 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
If you had covid, and had symptoms - your body essentially failed to "fight it off"
Not sure this is correct symptoms just mean your body is fighting it off and doing it's job so I would not consider symptoms as a failure in your immune system if you die then yes I would consider that a failure but I also don't consider that a symptom.
[Reply]
Spott 07:32 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not sure this is correct symptoms just mean your body is fighting it off and doing it's job so I would not consider symptoms as a failure in your immune system if you die then yes I would consider that a failure but I also don't consider that a symptom.
I would consider death or having to have medical intervention a failure. Getting a mild symptom and fighting it off seems to be the natural response of a healthy individual.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:39 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
I would consider death or having to have medical intervention a failure. Getting a mild symptom and fighting it off seems to be the natural response of a healthy individual.
pretty much, fever is good at killing viruses and bacteria, coughing is good at expelling things from your lungs I am sure diarrhea is good somehow but still trying to avoid that one more than most . Getting a fever /chills from vaccines also mean your body is doing what it is supposed to do to help protect you .
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:56 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
well, you did fight it off or you would still have symptoms or have died...
[Reply]
Monticore 07:03 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DTHOF:

The vaccine is to save people from contracting a specific disease in some cases you are offered some protection from that disease if you have had it in the past ,some of this protection can be lifelong some more short term and some failing somewhere in between, we are not sure where COVID will fall when it comes to protection from natural infection at this point we think maybe years but some people have gotten it more than once already so until they figure it out they are recommending the vaccine which they think is offering a better immune response than natural infection .

Forgot to mention that with the variants around getting natural infection to one of them might not cover you for all of them, vaccine can be engineered to maybe cover a wider spectrum of variants.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:25 AM 04-14-2021
Immunest free to walk the streets of America. WTF
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:32 AM 04-14-2021
I personally got the phizer, just for my grandfathers piece of mind. But i dont believe an employer should be able to mandate you get one. If most of the population has it why can you be allowed to risk your own life?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:26 AM 04-14-2021
Imagine the ramifications if the vaccine has long term issues and people can say that their employer forced their hand.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:28 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Imagine the ramifications if the vaccine has long term issues and people can say that their employer forced their hand.
They wouldn't have a case, because they weren't forced.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:33 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What ramifications? People can choose to get a vaccine if they want to stay employed or not. No one's hand is forced. Companies have every legal right to 'discriminate' based on vaccine status.

That's the law.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What ramifications? People can choose to get a vaccine if they want to stay employed or not. No one's hand is forced. Companies have every legal right to 'discriminate' based on vaccine status.

That's the law.
Not saying this necessarily changes anything but while it certainly would be legal for a corporation to require vaccines as a condition of employment, the NFL is not a "normal" corporation. They have a federal antitrust exemption. Again, I don't know that it changes anything but it might. The "companies can do whatever they want" rule doesn't always apply to publicly-protected monopolies.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:36 AM 04-14-2021
"and he CAUSETH all, small and great, rich and poor, free and bondservant to recieve a _______________
[Reply]
Fish 10:51 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
"and he CAUSETH all, small and great, rich and poor, free and bondservant to recieve a _______________
Free taco from Taco Bell.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up