ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rice involved in shooting at SMU pre draft?
SHOWTIME 03:37 PM 05-10-2024
The news on Rashee Rice keeps getting better and better...

�� UPDATE

Multiple teams learned before the NFL Draft that Kansas City #Chiefs WR Rashee Rice was allegedly involved in an incident at SMU. Rice (or someone with him), fired multiple bullets into an empty car belonging to Kendric Davis after attending an SMU basketball game… pic.twitter.com/Nx0n1Y7A2H

— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) May 10, 2024

A previously unreported incident while at SMU could impact the NFL's eventual discipline of Chiefs WR Rashee Rice for more recent off-field events. https://t.co/Bh7OAGembY

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 10, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They won't even ticket you for it in chicago.
I'd like to shoot some cars. Sounds fun
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:48 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'd like to shoot some cars. Sounds fun
Airfares to Chicago are cheap, and you can buy a gun on the street for twenty bucks. It's an easy getaway.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:21 PM 05-10-2024
The real question is.. if we were willing to over look this with rice what the fuck is the deal with George Pickens?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:01 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Don't know why you're upset with me. I didn't write the story, lol.

Anyway, I'm not interested in the whole Florio hate thing, tbh. Not a fan, but not a hater. But I don't recall Florio just making up stories. Even in the Tyreek case, I believe he actually read the story straight off the wire, and then afterwards he began to give his opinion. I disagreed with him giving his opinion without getting the whole story, but it's his show; he can do that sort of thing on his show.

But hey, if it turns out that the story was fabricated, great. Still have the other two incidents that aren't great, but at least we don't have three, right?

The problem I have is that usually where there's this much smoke there's usually at least some fire involved. And really I don't care that much that Rice (or one of his friends, though that seems unlikely in this case) shot an empty car a few times. I think it's idiotic, and beyond what could be called "boys will be boys" shenanigans, but whatever at this point.

What I find concerning is the apparent trend of behavior by Rice, and what that might translate into down the road while he's a Chief. I mean, let's hope that this story is fake. Benefit of the doubt, guilty until proven innocent, and all that.

If it's not though, well, our Chiefs might have some chronic issues, a la Antonio Brown (or worse), with this player over the next 4 or so years, which I'm pretty sure none of us really want to see unfold.

But again, I'm hoping along with everyone else that this didn't really happen, and that Rashee's name will be cleared. But I'm also not going to forget this story until that happens.
You don't see a problem with a guy that believes all he has to do is write a story and if he gets no pushback from the team or people close to the subject of the story, then he is right? He's the sleeziest liar in sports journalism.
[Reply]
Otter 12:18 AM 05-11-2024
Please PM me when it has been decided that Rice's behavior is the fault of the Silk Road, Genghis Khan, and Hitler and I'll repent.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:08 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But I don't recall Florio just making up stories.
He absolutely made up the 'Andy Reid may retire at season's end' nonsense. And he kept doubling down on it until the moment he was extended, and then the best he could do is lightly backtrack.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:16 AM 05-11-2024
The car had it coming
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:21 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You don't see a problem with a guy that believes all he has to do is write a story and if he gets no pushback from the team or people close to the subject of the story, then he is right? He's the sleeziest liar in sports journalism.
Well, he was a lawyer...
[Reply]
notorious 07:22 AM 05-11-2024
There's video!

[Reply]
Rausch 07:46 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No, he's a journalist.

That's nearly ALL journalists now. Do as you are told and nothing bad will happen.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:49 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'd like Rashee to fire off a few rounds into Mark Florida as well. Sonofabitch.
That really is the easiest way to turn all of this around.

Find a way to use your gifts to contribute to all of humanity...
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:32 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What is the big deal? Everyone walks around shooting empty cars. It's a thing.
Just make sure it's not yours.

Learned that the hard way as a kid.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 AM 05-11-2024
He's only 23 guys who wasn't lickin shots at the opps car at that age?
[Reply]
jdubya 08:49 AM 05-11-2024
(Cough) There’s no (cough cough) smoke here (cough cough cough) It’s a nothing burger (cough cough cough eyes watering)
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 AM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He's only 23 guys who wasn't lickin shots at the opps car at that age?
:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up