ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Repair chipped tile or not
lewdog 10:16 AM 06-29-2024
We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to fuck with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

[Reply]
George Liquor 04:40 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Guys, I rented a room at Caesar's Palace once. You wanna see pictures of my all marble bathroom?
Of course
[Reply]
alanm 04:46 PM 06-29-2024
It's barely noticeable. Quit being OCD about it.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:58 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nice.

I was going to say, if it were just me, I'd ignore it. But if your wife wants it fixed, well, you're getting it fixed. Great deal that the installers are going to take care of it for you so easily though.
Pretty much my thoughts. I would have probably not noticed or cared. It's cool they are taking care of it no probs. Give them a good review or something, Lew. Floor looks nice
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:26 PM 06-29-2024
Golden Rule here:
Happy wife, happy life.

Glad your contractor is working with you on this. Looks really nice too!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:34 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’m happy section 8 is available to you as well but it should probably refrain you from hopping into threads with opinions on other people’s properties
My house is worth 200k, try again loser.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:52 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Owner called me back. Said it's not a problem to replace the tile and can be done next week. Asked if there are any others they can replaced when they come out (there aren't). Is also going to give me another full box of tile for future replacements/repairs.

Outstanding.
Well , that's good news but jesus christ that is nitpicky. If you go to sell your house do you thing someone will even see that and say well your asking price is too high because you have a microscopic ding in this tile.
It's a KAREN thing!
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:58 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Well , that's good news but jesus christ that is nitpicky. If you go to sell your house do you thing someone will even see that and say well your asking price is too high because you have a microscopic ding in this tile.
It's a KAREN thing!
So many clueless fools. It's not nitpicky. It's a brand new job. The materials used shouldn't show signs of wear.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:09 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Welcome to 20 years ago..finally
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:10 PM 06-29-2024
Would be a sick boast in 1995
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:14 PM 06-29-2024
:-)

Welcome to 20 years ago..finally
Keep moving the goalposts. Five years ago I was never going to move out of an 800 sqft crackerbox according to some and look at me now. Living comfortably, saving money, landlord in-waiting. My future battles will be with old white HOA nazis, not common thugs from the hood. Section 8 my ass. Voice of experience?
[Reply]
Bump 06:20 PM 06-29-2024
nobody is going to notice that except for you and your wife I guess. I wouldn't bother with it, seems pretty OCD to be worried about it IMO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:24 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
nobody is going to notice that except for you and your wife I guess. I wouldn't bother with it, seems pretty OCD to be worried about it IMO.
Lew returns his cage-free eggs from the farmer's market if one of the shells is slightly off color.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:25 PM 06-29-2024
Keep moving the goalposts. Five years ago I was never going to move out of an 800 sqft crackerbox according to some and look at me now. Living comfortably, saving money, landlord in-waiting. My future battles will be with old white HOA nazis, not common thugs from the hood. Section 8 my ass. Voice of experience?
I'm legit happy for you

Now :-) about someone else's request for opinions that you can't possibly come close to relating too
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:28 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well considering the owner of the tile company said that it can easily be fixed, then I'd probably go with the experts opinion. If the grout is the same lot # as the previous bag, then it'll be fine. Also, even if the color is slightly off you can just take some grout renew to it all an there ya go. It's all the same color.
OK Champ. If they are worried about a chip that size, the tile company better get it right because to replace 1 tile and make it look seamless with dark grout isn't easy for the best professional and skimming the whole thing as you suggested will lead to cracking and chipping grout and that won't show up until a year or so long after the contractor cashed his check.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:32 PM 06-29-2024
I'm legit happy for you

Now :-) about someone else's request for opinions that you can't possibly come close to relating too
I don't think so. Lew needs to pay and pay dearly for this sin of yuppie overreach. The people who run @whitewhines need to be alerted. He deserves to have some dead salmon placed behind his drywall. But I'll make sure it comes from a sustainable source.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up