ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Fri June 21 · Royals @ Rangers Official GDT***
GeorgeZimZam 04:26 PM 06-21-2024

Here's how we're lining up behind Brady Singer in our series opener against Texas. pic.twitter.com/ToAt3KSP97

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) June 21, 2024

Peagle Friday. #StraightUpTX pic.twitter.com/C1egdNVpXs

— Texas Rangers (@Rangers) June 21, 2024

We have made the following roster moves: pic.twitter.com/NY3LkTbfZt

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) June 21, 2024

<<< :-) Royals Broadcast Stream >>>
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:07 PM 06-21-2024
The bullpen. Yuck.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:07 PM 06-21-2024
I turn on the game it’s 2-1 Royals in the top of the 6th.

Half an inning later and we’re down 4.

This entire bullpen needs to be fired into the sun, save Zerpa. Everyone else can just go. Just a fucking abortion of a pen.

All that said, Singer is a 5 year veteran now. He needs to put on his big boy pants and give us more then 5 innings (which is pretty much what he does every start)

Will be glad for him to be gone next year as his repeated short starts put the bullpen at risk by exposing them more. I want guys that can go 7 when the game calls for it and have the intelligence to pitch accordingly so they don’t burn them selves out in 5.

Bullpen blew this, but Singer set them up to fail. We KNOW what our bullpen is at this point.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:11 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I turn on the game it’s 2-1 Royals in the top of the 6th.

Half an inning later and we’re down 4.

This entire bullpen needs to be fired into the sun, save Zerpa. Everyone else can just go. Just a ****ing abortion of a pen.

All that said, Singer is a 5 year veteran now. He needs to put on his big boy pants and give us more then 5 innings (which is pretty much what he does every start)

Will be glad for him to be gone next year as his repeated short starts put the bullpen at risk by exposing them more. I want guys that can go 7 when the game calls for it and have the intelligence to pitch accordingly so they don’t burn them selves out in 5.

Bullpen blew this, but Singer set them up to fail. We KNOW what our bullpen is at this point.
Not defending Singer, who I agree is far too inconsistent to ever be more than a 3ish. But he was at 89 pitches. Let him go out for the 6th and see if he can get through a last inning with 15 pitches or so. Quasimodo is complicit in this shit show as well.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:20 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Not defending Singer, who I agree is far too inconsistent to ever be more than a 3ish. But he was at 89 pitches. Let him go out for the 6th and see if he can get through a last inning with 15 pitches or so. Quasimodo is complicit in this shit show as well.
Oh, I get it.

I’m not absolving other people, but Singer has been doing this shit for a while. He’s a vet with a 3 pitch mix, but he doesn’t ever wanna use his third pitch so he burns himself out on two pitches most of the game.

He’s a vet that pitches like a rookie. Not smart. I’d almost rather him be in the bullpen at this point. He’d make a great middle relief bullpen arm and stretch are depth out quite a bit.

As a starter, he doesn’t do what a starter needs to do. Did you know he’s only gone more than six innings ONE time the entire year? His opening start against Minny in March.

So he can do it. He just doesn’t want to (doesn’t pitch smart enough to)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:34 PM 06-21-2024
Oh, I get it.

I’m not absolving other people, but Singer has been doing this shit for a while. He’s a vet with a 3 pitch mix, but he doesn’t ever wanna use his third pitch so he burns himself out on two pitches most of the game.

He’s a vet that pitches like a rookie. Not smart. I’d almost rather him be in the bullpen at this point. He’d make a great middle relief bullpen arm and stretch are depth out quite a bit.

As a starter, he doesn’t do what a starter needs to do. Did you know he’s only gone more than six innings ONE time the entire year? His opening start against Minny in March.

So he can do it. He just doesn’t want to (doesn’t pitch smart enough to)
He's just a typical fourth or fifth starter.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:37 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He's just a typical fourth or fifth starter.
Sadly, yes.

That we spent a #1 pick on and people were trying to argue he was the most polished pitcher coming out of college, some even making comparisons to Greg Maddux.

What a waste of talent.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:06 PM 06-21-2024
Singer is another in a long line of mentally fragile pitchers the Royals have drafted.

Has the talent to be a #1 but is a #5 or possibly bullpen guy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 PM 06-21-2024
The Royals went from 34-19 to 42-35.

Fucking gross.
[Reply]
tk13 09:24 PM 06-21-2024
Gotta have a bullpen in 2024 or it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:31 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Royals went from 34-19 to 42-35.

Fucking gross.
Yeah. But I mean, we knew this wasn’t a 34-19 team. You don’t go from losing over a 100 games to winning at a .640 clip. That’s not a reasonable expectation.

I thought from the beg. this was going to hopefully be a .500 team this year, but looking at the lack of depth in this lineup, the atrocity that is this bullpen and the lack of starters that can throw 7 innings, I’m not even sure .500 is realistic for this team.

They’re sinking, and sinking fast.
[Reply]
TLO 09:44 PM 06-21-2024
This sucks
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:45 PM 06-21-2024
BTW I just caught Q after the game. He said Schreiber has been good, and it's too bad that the ground balls aren't getting hit at someone. Fuck off, Schreiber is shit and simply can't get strike outs.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:46 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Singer is another in a long line of mentally fragile pitchers the Royals have drafted.

Has the talent to be a #1 but is a #5 or possibly bullpen guy.
If Schreiber had any heart Singer gets away with the lead, but Schrieber is a pussy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:56 PM 06-21-2024
Yeah. But I mean, we knew this wasn’t a 34-19 team. You don’t go from losing over a 100 games to winning at a .640 clip. That’s not a reasonable expectation.

I thought from the beg. this was going to hopefully be a .500 team this year, but looking at the lack of depth in this lineup, the atrocity that is this bullpen and the lack of starters that can throw 7 innings, I’m not even sure .500 is realistic for this team.

They’re sinking, and sinking fast.
The annoying part is now losing 3 of 4 to sub .500 teams as soon as the schedule softened.

We knew a good chunk of this month would be ugly. We have a chance to fix things, but not off to a great start.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:00 PM 06-21-2024
Start? It's half over dude.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up