ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Acolyte
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 03-19-2024

En el set de Stars Wars The Acolyte 😎
On the set of Star Wars The Acolyte 😘#StarWars #StarWarsTheAcolyte #Disney #DisneyPlus #Teaser #Acolyte #Premier #TV #Jedi #Lucasfilms #Luke #Skywalker #TheForce pic.twitter.com/Wq9p9LRK7t

— Alita Betancurt 💕✨ (@alitabetancurt) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:50 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Why do you people even watch this garbage anymore. The last thing I watched was the Obi-Wan series. I had to hold my nose to finish that stinker too. I am not even sure they could get me back if they got rid of Kathleen Kennedy now. Disney has all but ruined Star Wars for me. Thanks Disney!

I don't, just read the reaction reviews
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:49 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
This place is fucking gross
Go fuck yourself.

The directors and producers of The Ass-colyte Didn't Earn It.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:00 PM 06-13-2024
Shut up, bitch.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:27 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Why do you people even watch this garbage anymore. The last thing I watched was the Obi-Wan series. I had to hold my nose to finish that stinker too. I am not even sure they could get me back if they got rid of Kathleen Kennedy now. Disney has all but ruined Star Wars for me. Thanks Disney!
Yep. That's where I'm at with it. Gave them one last chance with Obi Wan and that sucked so fuck them. Only so many times they can make it loud and clear how they feel about the fans and their lack of respect for the source material before I listen and treat Star Wars with apathy instead of indignation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yep. That's where I'm at with it. Gave them one last chance with Obi Wan and that sucked so fuck them. Only so many times they can make it loud and clear how they feel about the fans and their lack of respect for the source material before I listen and treat Star Wars with apathy instead of indignation.
That's exactly the major problem.

They used the fan equity to push a message that would've never been given a second thought had they tried to do it stand-alone.

NOTHING stopped them from making some LGBTQ space-opera and plowing tens of millions of dollars into it and naming it, I dunno, Hyperspace or some shit like that.

Instead they took an established IP with a rabid fanbase, shit on that entire product AND the fanbase, and used it to further an agenda that doesn't have the strength to stand on its own two feet.

It's not the message that's galling - it's the vehicle. I mean I find the message eye-rolling and cringe-inducing in its own right - but I can simply ignore a whole lot of shit (witness my apathy for the WNBA). World's full of stuff I disagree with or don't care about so I just pass it right on by.

But the hijacking of an IP and the open antagonism of its fans (of which I was one), is the real problem here.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:25 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They used the fan equity to push a message that would've never been given a second thought had they tried to do it stand-alone.

NOTHING stopped them from making some LGBTQ space-opera and plowing tens of millions of dollars into it and naming it, I dunno, Hyperspace or some shit like that.

Instead they took an established IP with a rabid fanbase, shit on that entire product AND the fanbase, and used it to further an agenda that doesn't have the strength to stand on its own two feet.

It's not the message that's galling - it's the vehicle. I mean I find the message eye-rolling and cringe-inducing in its own right - but I can simply ignore a whole lot of shit (witness my apathy for the WNBA). World's full of stuff I disagree with or don't care about so I just pass it right on by.

But the hijacking of an IP and the open antagonism of its fans (of which I was one), is the real problem here.
The power of one, Ah!
The power of two, Ah!
The power of mannnny!
[Reply]
DCTwister 04:30 PM 06-13-2024
At this point, I just hope they keep this shit up forever. I’m enjoying the Critical Drinker reviews too much. I cancelled Disney+ anyway so I won’t be seeing any more Star Wars shit anyway. Marvel isn’t far behind, except maybe Deadpool.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:41 PM 06-13-2024

Maybe I'm in the minority, but IMO they completely ruined Star Wars even before they fully went gung ho on pushing agendas with it. Kennedy, Abrams, and Rian Johnson should be drawn and quartered for their respective roles in ruining the characters and Star Wars as a whole.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:57 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but IMO they completely ruined Star Wars even before they fully went gung ho on pushing agendas with it. Kennedy, Abrams, and Rian Johnson should be drawn and quartered for their respective roles in ruining the characters and Star Wars as a whole.
I tend to agree with your take. The Force Awakens was a rehash of A New Hope, The Last Jedi was pointless dreck and The Rise of Skywalker was a piss poor attempt to right the ship.

Rouge One was incredible, too bad everyone got killed off in the end.

The Solo movie had so much potential but was just filler.

The Book of Boba Fett was ok, but was just The Mandalorian season 2.5.

The Mandalorian is great but it's gone as far as it needs to. Andor is great, but if you really think about it, we know how it ends in relation to the whole Star Wars universe.

But let's faced it, the same crowd that created the Velma series are the same group of yahoo that are responsible for creating The Acolyte.

Obi Wan was fine but really a pointless endeavor.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 PM 06-13-2024
Honestly, they should just hand Star Wars over to the people who did Andor or Rogue One considering they're the only people who have gotten it right.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:04 PM 06-13-2024

Flawless. Well said sir.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:28 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly, they should just hand Star Wars over to the people who did Andor or Rogue One considering they're the only people who have gotten it right.
Um, Dave Filoni shits gold, sir.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:13 PM 06-13-2024
You sound like a space lesbian….

Also I love seeing everyone agree this is garbage
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Um, Dave Filoni shits gold, sir.
Yea, if they want to stick to animation.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, if they want to stick to animation.
the mandalorian and ahsoka are gold

the payoff will be epic
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up