ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 05:25 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
SR - I dont know what your perceived level of alcoholism is but in my case I drink a lot of beer but dont feel like its a problem. I can go several days to weeks without one, I just choose not to because I love the taste. I did however quit for a couple months recently to lose weight. Knocked off 20 pounds, making no other changes to my diet/exercise. I then started drinking beer again and put 5 of it back on fairly quickly and I'm afraid it's going to keep going up unless I quit again.

I guess my point is, if you need another motivational tool to stop just think of the weight you'll lose...not that you need to of course. :-)
yeah I'd like to get back down to a 33 - i am now a 36
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:30 PM 08-20-2019
Good luck SR. We're all rooting for you.
[Reply]
In58men 05:36 PM 08-20-2019
I love you!!!!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:42 PM 08-20-2019
You got to be more decisive about your decision. If you are going to quit then do it and don't leave the door open to drinking ever again. Otherwise, as you know from personal experience, it will probably get you in a weak moment.. Might be a year from now, might be five years, might be ten-years or it might be a day but you'll probably drink again.

Good luck. You can do it bro!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:44 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
Good for you. Stick with it. As you know, it's a matter of life and death. Losing this battle would be devastating for your soul. But you're going to beat it.

Just heard yesterday that a friend of mine who has alcohol issues lost it while on a bender recently, handed his 16 year old son a pistol and told him to blow his (my friend's) brains out. The kid is scarred for life now, freaked out beyond belief, and he'll never look at his dad the same way again.

Being a slave to alcohol - or anything else - is no way to live. You're better than that. You seem like a great guy, I wish you good luck.
[Reply]
Bump 05:53 PM 08-20-2019
stay strong man!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:55 PM 08-20-2019
Take care of yourself SR. Find treatment if you need it. CP needs you, bro. ❤
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:00 PM 08-20-2019
Been there. The only thing harder than sobering up was not sobering up. Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:03 PM 08-20-2019
Your not a wimp or pussy nor any other negative BS. Everyone here has something they struggle with.

I’ve seen a lot of friends and family struggle with alcoholism. Every single one fell off the wagon at some point, even after years. You got this. Anything I can do, you got my contact info.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:15 PM 08-20-2019
All the best, friend.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:15 PM 08-20-2019
I'm in your corner, bud. You can do it.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:20 PM 08-20-2019
Good luck SR. You're a good dude. We need good dudes in our lives.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:33 PM 08-20-2019
Good deal SR, alcoholism is a demon you can fight, and we're all here to help.
[Reply]
eDave 06:35 PM 08-20-2019
Good on you SR. And laying it out for us means there's credibility, accountability, and responsibility. That will help.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:36 PM 08-20-2019
Best wishes man. If you ever decided you want or need to do the 12 step or formal recovery thing, I actually know several really good dudes in the program in Atlanta(that’s where you are right?). They’d be more than happy to help you out.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up