ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Concerned -Pat Wouldn't be Pat if.....
liquidlounge 09:26 AM 06-13-2024
I don't see Pat Mahomes being who he is today had he went to a premier football program instead of a more middling Texas Tech. TT, while a decent program, TT was far from an embarrassment of riches. Pat learned to adapt, improvise, and do without compared to say Bama, Florida, Texas, OK. We saw last year how Pat has learned to pull it off with less weapons and really, he looked better than ever working with less. Is anyone concerned that Pat loses a bit of his "resourcefulness" now that he has a stash of weapons? To me, Pat is best when he depends on Pat (and Kelce maybe). I hope I am wrong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:45 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by liquidlounge:
I don't see Pat Mahomes being who he is today had he went to a premier football program instead of a more middling Texas Tech. TT, while a decent program, TT was far from an embarrassment of riches. Pat learned to adapt, improvise, and do without compared to say Bama, Florida, Texas, OK.

I agree with this part. I think Pat having to overcome a bad defense and suspect weapons and so on in college, the fact that he had to deal with that adversity and the losses, helped forge his character into the relentlessly overachieving man we see today. I've always been wary of QBs that always won, that went to programs like AL and just never experienced losing or even multiple tough games in a row. That never had to dig deep and adapt/overcome. Those guys usually end up being front-runners, only able to win when they get an early lead.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:47 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I agree with this part. I think Pat having to overcome a bad defense and suspect weapons and so on in college, the fact that he had to deal with that adversity and the losses, helped forge his character into the relentlessly overachieving man we see today. I've always been wary of QBs that always won, that went to programs like AL and just never experienced losing or even multiple tough games in a row. That never had to dig deep and adapt/overcome. Those guys usually end up being front-runners, only able to win when they get an early lead.
Don't talk to it, son
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up