ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yikes. Spags Explains Why He Didnt Play Pennel
BossChief 09:29 AM 11-16-2019
These last 6 games need to be effective performances by the defense. The players. The coaches. Everyone needs to bring their a game for us to have a good shot at running the table and having a fighters chance at a bye.

Sitting your best run defender and limiting the snaps of your next best run defender against a run first team was inexcusable. Only having 10 players on the field on 2 crucial plays is inexcusable. Fair catching inside the 5 has been inexcusable.

These last 9-10 games of defense and ST will dictate if this team will win a championship or not.
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:55 AM 11-16-2019
Damn, that reads really bad. That Joey Ivie ever dresses and is considered valuable in pass rush is concerning. As mentioned above the massive list of inexcusable mistakes on defensive personnel and ST decisions are way to much for a team this bad on defensive to overcome.

2 TDs given up with 10 men in the field? Continued penalties and kicking game mistakes that are seemingly getting worse? This is currently just a mediocre team. Please prove me wrong down the stretch big red.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:24 AM 11-16-2019
Like an idiot I still held out some hope for Spags until I read that article. What a butt sucking moron! This team is screwed until it gets an actual DC and a backbone. Like others have said, every time our defense takes the field I expect the worst. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:26 AM 11-16-2019
He literally sounds like he doesn't know what's going on. Hes really dumb.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:42 AM 11-16-2019
I am surprised Ivey has been able to cling onto this team.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:47 AM 11-16-2019
I literally didn't even know we had a guy on the team named Joe Ivie. The fact that he was activated over possibly our best run defender against a 250 pound RB and Ryan Tannehill is just asinine.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:53 AM 11-16-2019
This is unbelievable. Do we really have a DC who offers comments like:

- That's probably why that happened
- There was no rhyme or reason for it
- My guess is that with the Reggie situation, that's exactly what happened

Are you kidding me? Do we really have a DC who, 5 days after the game, STILL is unsure about how/why things transpired the way they did? Please tell me that this guy is not our DC.

How can anyone have any faith in this guy with "answers" like that? Heck, at this point, I'm less concerned about his decisions to sit Pennell and limit Ragland's snaps than I am about his spineless answers to the Press. I've never heard any coach sound so unsure about why he made gameday decisions. Sounds like everything was a guess, or a maybe, or a probably or a stinking haiku poem.

Wow, talk about a lack of assertiveness. Whoa. I guess I need to remember that said wishy/washiness is just what gets juices flowing in our slam-bam defensive unit. We must remember that football guys truly enjoy the cerebral side of things and are driven to new heights by directives like "this might work" or "I think that maybe the other team is making us do it this way".

And this guy is the leader of our defense? Lord, give me strength...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:39 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
This is unbelievable. Do we really have a DC who offers comments like:

- That's probably why that happened
- There was no rhyme or reason for it
- My guess is that with the Reggie situation, that's exactly what happened

Are you kidding me? Do we really have a DC who, 5 days after the game, STILL is unsure about how/why things transpired the way they did? Please tell me that this guy is not our DC.

How can anyone have any faith in this guy with "answers" like that? Heck, at this point, I'm less concerned about his decisions to sit Pennell and limit Ragland's snaps than I am about his spineless answers to the Press. I've never heard any coach sound so unsure about why he made gameday decisions. Sounds like everything was a guess, or a maybe, or a probably or a stinking haiku poem.

Wow, talk about a lack of assertiveness. Whoa. I guess I need to remember that said wishy/washiness is just what gets juices flowing in our slam-bam defensive unit. We must remember that football guys truly enjoy the cerebral side of things and are driven to new heights by directives like "this might work" or "I think that maybe the other team is making us do it this way".

And this guy is the leader of our defense? Lord, give me strength...
"Coach speak. They all do it. We're getting better. Injuries. Bumble bee flew in the window. Menstrual cramps..."

/apologists
[Reply]
bobbything 10:56 AM 11-16-2019
The defense has not improved overall. They have just gotten better at some things and worse at others. The one constant is that, when asked to do so at the end of games, they don’t get off the field. The lone outlier is the Vikings game.

To win games this year we have to do one of three things to win:

(1) Have a substantial lead near the end, forcing teams into garbage time stats, or

(2) Have the ball on offense with a chance to win in the end, or

(3) Ask the defense to make a stop in crunch time. Thus far they have succeeded 1 out of 5 times.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:51 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
The defense has not improved overall.
Total bullshit.
[Reply]
TEX 01:41 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Total bullshit.
A polished turd, is still a turd...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
A polished turd, is still a turd...
Takes time to build something.

We've improved from 31st to 22nd...from 26th to 18th in DVOA...let it play out....

We are a middle of the pack defense....some weeks look really bad, some weeks look really good....that is how you get a middle of the pack defense....that is what we are...enjoy the process....good times are coming....Spags has the recipe...
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:03 PM 11-16-2019
The Sun Tzu quote was a nice touch in the article. We need more historic quotes in our Chiefs stuff.
[Reply]
Talisman 12:48 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Sun Tzu quote was a nice touch in the article. We need more historic quotes in our Chiefs stuff.
"Sometimes you find yourself at third and short, needing only a first down to win the game. Take two shots to get that yardage. If the defense is looking defeated from giving up eight yards in the previous two plays, run it down their throat. If you fail? Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers on fourth down. This is how you defeat the titans in your life."

- Abraham Lincoln (March 3, 1864)
[Reply]
SupDock 02:36 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Talisman:
"Sometimes you find yourself at third and short, needing only a first down to win the game. Take two shots to get that yardage. If the defense is looking defeated from giving up eight yards in the previous two plays, run it down their throat. If you fail? Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers on fourth down. This is how you defeat the titans in your life."

- Abraham Lincoln (March 3, 1864)
-Michael Scott
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up