ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most overrated players in the NFL
Jerm 12:38 PM 06-17-2024

The best player at each offensive position, per our offseason analyst rankings ⭐️ pic.twitter.com/EEZIQ2UvV8

— PFF (@PFF) June 16, 2024

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the fuck do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
[Reply]
TLO 07:24 PM 06-17-2024
We'll see what he does this year but I feel like Justin Herbert should be mentioned
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 07:24 PM 06-17-2024
Odell Beckham. He's not a bad player by any means but ever since he made that one handed catch that got him the Madden cover he has always been talked about as if he's the modern day Randy Moss. Dude hasn't been anything but a complimentary role player since leaving the Giants yet he he still gets headlines every off-season.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:45 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Joe Burrow. Hasn’t remotely earned his moniker and throws more jump balls than Deshaun Watson.
Good point. Do you know who also threw alot of jump balls? Wilson in Seattle. It sure looks pretty but throwing the deep lob ball is such an overrated skill.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:46 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
The analysts are told to talk Lamar up.
Lost alot of respect for Jackson this year. Didn't show up for OTAs despite fighting for that contract. Says he wants to be the best and compete with Mahomes but actions mean more than words.

It's one thing for a positional player to not show up, it's a whole another thing for the star QB not to.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:02 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You beat me to it.

Statistically speaking, Dak was far better than Mahomes in 2021 and 2023 while Mahomes was far better in 2022.

Personally I wouldn’t broach the postseason subject because Dak has had plenty of chances to deliver but it’s not that weird a thing to say.
Mahomes’ playoff floor is better than Dak’s playoff ceiling.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:05 PM 06-17-2024
Lamar Jackson is easily the most overrated player in the league considering what he turns into in the playoffs.

Burrow follows shortly after considering where some tried to place him on the QB list a year or two ago.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:08 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by sedated:
No way Lamar Jackson is more overrated than Dak Prescott. Both are chokers in the playoffs but one has been so good in 2 separate years that he won 2 MVPs (which should just be called the best QB in the regular season award). People just dislike him because he is a running QB.
I don't think anybody actually thinks Dak is that good.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:13 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
We'll see what he does this year but I feel like Justin Herbert should be mentioned
He was getting a lot of attention up until the 2022 regular season. After underwhelming the last two seasons, it seems he’s fallen out of the public’s favor.

For now he’s all potential.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't think anybody actually thinks Dak is that good.
I think he’s really good but nowhere near elite.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:17 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Lamar Jackson is easily the most overrated player in the league considering what he turns into in the playoffs.

Burrow follows shortly after considering where some tried to place him on the QB list a year or two ago.
Talking heads have a bizarre infatuation with Lamar, but I don’t think that many real people are enamored with him anymore. I see “not bad for a running back” jokes all over the internet.

I went Burrow, because people act like he owns Mahomes in some meaningful way. I don’t see anyone criticizing Burrow and his slightly above average numbers despite an insane amount of talent around him.
[Reply]
notorious 08:26 PM 06-17-2024
Sounds to me like Kittle is very underpaid.

Come on San Fran, new contract time!!!
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:28 PM 06-17-2024
Lamar and it’s not even close. People have gone as far as saying he’s revolutionizing the QB position, even though he’s a carbon copy of Michael Vick. He has an army of pundits on ESPN and NFL network that will meet any legitimate criticisms of him with ridiculous accusations of racism.
[Reply]
notorious 08:30 PM 06-17-2024
Dak also plays in the dogshit NFC, while Mahomes is playing against a #1 schedule every year.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:44 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Dak also plays in the dogshit NFC, while Mahomes is playing against a #1 schedule every year.
I don’t get how Dak is overrated. At least here in Dallas he’s not very well thought of. His stats last year were greatly due to playing a Charmin soft schedule. Those stats are greatly padded in blowout wins against the Giants. At one point I think the Cowgirls played games against the Giants, Carolina and the Jets.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 06-17-2024, 08:45 PM
This message has been deleted by MatriculatingHank.
comochiefsfan 09:30 PM 06-17-2024
Joe Burrow has been MASSIVELY overrated due to one game where he did essentially nothing and let Patrick Mahomes puke all over himself.

Thanks to that meltdown, Burrow is now seen as the Chiefs kryptonite.

He will never scare me as much as Allen. Allen is the only guy in the league who can go blow to blow with Mahomes when Pat is playing his A game.

Burrow needs Mahomes to play sub par to beat him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:44 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Joe Burrow has been MASSIVELY overrated due to one game where he did essentially nothing and let Patrick Mahomes puke all over himself.

Thanks to that meltdown, Burrow is now seen as the Chiefs kryptonite.

He will never scare me as much as Allen. Allen is the only guy in the league who can go blow to blow with Mahomes when Pat is playing his A game.

Burrow needs Mahomes to play sub par to beat him.
Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes have lost 22 games each as starters.

Burrow has started 52 games. Mahomes has started 96.

Burrow is a winner though.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up