« First < 3922442248224872491249184919492049214922 4923492449254926 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It’s always something
Something had to give after 16 straight losses??

Also guess who DIDNT beat us? The number one and number two seeds in the AFC (in their houses) and the number 1 seed in the NFC (in our house).
[Reply]
lcarus 10:16 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Alex Smith CURB STOMPED Denver in Puke High in 15. Sweeps them if not for Vince McMahon interference officiating. If Tony is called in bounds like he was, you lose to Marty in 97 :-). Denver has NEVER had a 6 year stretch like tye Mahomes era
Was Gonzalez actually in on that play? I can't seem to find a replay with a good angle.
[Reply]
TEX 10:31 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Was Gonzalez actually in on that play? I can't seem to find a replay with a good angle.
Yes. Tony scored a TD. By the old rules, it should have been a TD, because Ray Crockett forced him out as he was coming down with the ball. So, instead of a TD, KC had to settle for a FG. Turned out to be the difference in the game.

Course you can say that about any number of calls that went against KC that game. Like the phantom holding call on the FG.

And then there was the vasoline on the Denver OL. The refs actually stopped play for that... :-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:36 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Denver Broncos could end up being a breakout team in 2024. Could they be as good as the 2023 Houston Texans? Yes, they can, and they have the roster talent to do it. More broadly, the Broncos in 2024 could be one of the NFL's breakout teams. The league usually has one or two of these teams per year.

in 2023, it was the Houston Texans. The New York Giants and Jacksonville Jaguars held that honor in 2022. All three teams won nine or 10 games. Well, what is stopping the Denver Broncos from doing this same thing in 2024? What are they missing? Sure, the roster itself might not be excellent, but I am not trying to say this team is winning the Super Bowl this year.

They aren't, However, the roster is quite good enough to be a competitive team. I mean, my goodness, a much less talented roster with bottom-10 QB play scraped together eight wins in 2023.

Offensively, the Broncos brought in a rookie QB that fits what they want to do. They have deep groups at wide receiver and running back, and perhaps if Greg Dulcich can stay healthy, they will have a viable tight end. Along the offensive line, the Broncos are four starters strong. The center position is up in the air with Lloyd Cushenberry's departure, though.

Defensively, Denver finally brought in some help along the defensive front, including two depth DTs in Angelo Blackson and Malcolm Roach. They traded for a plus defender in John Franklin-Myers, and did address their other weakness in the secondary. Adding Levi Wallace, Brandon Jones, and Kris Abrams-Draine this offseason helps round out the unit that already featured Patrick Surtain II and Ja'Quan McMillian.

Overall, the Broncos season hinges on how efficient QB Bo Nix can be as a rookie. Early reports suggest that Nix is actually doing quite well thus far. Listen, the Broncos ceiling in 2024 is going to be modest, most likely, but you cannot tell me this team doesn't have enough talent to be a breakout squad.
6 wins max.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:55 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We were abused by the Chiefs, not the Broncos. In fact the Broncos lead the series each decade from the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s but you only won 3 more games than us in that stretch.

You were 33-27 over us in that span, so 55/45. Pretty close to even considering you had Horseface most of that time. It’s been a pretty even rivalry most of my life.

90’s-Broncos 11-10
00’s-Broncos 11-9
10’s-Chiefs 11-9

Chiefs are currently 7-1 in the 20’s though. We’ve never endured Denver doing that kind of rape to us. We also never had to endure a Broncos dynasty.
Even when Elway’s got his two titles, it was the end of his career. We knew that was the end.

Nothing like Mahomes already surpassing Elway’s entire career by a substantial margin, just as he’s entering his prime.

I can’t imagine how that must feel.
[Reply]
wazu 10:57 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Denver Broncos could end up being a breakout team in 2024. Could they be as good as the 2023 Houston Texans? Yes, they can, and they have the roster talent to do it. More broadly, the Broncos in 2024 could be one of the NFL's breakout teams. The league usually has one or two of these teams per year.

in 2023, it was the Houston Texans. The New York Giants and Jacksonville Jaguars held that honor in 2022. All three teams won nine or 10 games. Well, what is stopping the Denver Broncos from doing this same thing in 2024? What are they missing? Sure, the roster itself might not be excellent, but I am not trying to say this team is winning the Super Bowl this year.

They aren't, However, the roster is quite good enough to be a competitive team. I mean, my goodness, a much less talented roster with bottom-10 QB play scraped together eight wins in 2023.

Offensively, the Broncos brought in a rookie QB that fits what they want to do. They have deep groups at wide receiver and running back, and perhaps if Greg Dulcich can stay healthy, they will have a viable tight end. Along the offensive line, the Broncos are four starters strong. The center position is up in the air with Lloyd Cushenberry's departure, though.

Defensively, Denver finally brought in some help along the defensive front, including two depth DTs in Angelo Blackson and Malcolm Roach. They traded for a plus defender in John Franklin-Myers, and did address their other weakness in the secondary. Adding Levi Wallace, Brandon Jones, and Kris Abrams-Draine this offseason helps round out the unit that already featured Patrick Surtain II and Ja'Quan McMillian.

Overall, the Broncos season hinges on how efficient QB Bo Nix can be as a rookie. Early reports suggest that Nix is actually doing quite well thus far. Listen, the Broncos ceiling in 2024 is going to be modest, most likely, but you cannot tell me this team doesn't have enough talent to be a breakout squad.
Rainbarrel's most coherent post ever is about how the Broncos are a 2024 breakout team.

*chefs kiss*
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:31 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yes. Tony scored a TD. By the old rules, it should have been a TD, because Ray Crockett forced him out as he was coming down with the ball. So, instead of a TD, KC had to settle for a FG. Turned out to be the difference in the game.

Course you can say that about any number of calls that went against KC that game. Like the phantom holding call on the FG.

And then there was the vasoline on the Denver OL. The refs actually stopped play for that... :-)
You forgot the assist that Marty Schottenheimer gave the Broncos by starting Grbac over Gannon. Next to Elway, there should be a footnote that says with special thanks to Marty Schottenheimer for all of those comeback wins because the Chiefs would turtle up and go prevent a win defense after dominating the game for 55 minutes.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:37 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Even when Elway’s got his two titles, it was the end of his career. We knew that was the end.

Nothing like Mahomes already surpassing Elway’s entire career by a substantial margin, just as he’s entering his prime.

I can’t imagine how that must feel.
But it's lots of fun imagining.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:25 PM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Force out rule was in play back then. If you contacted a WR like that and pushed him out in mid air while he's in play it's supposed to be a TD
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:01 PM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Remember when they cried that the Giants were favored in the Superbowl, so I had no right questioning them for getting blown out? Ya they'd still run like cowards from Mahomes. Simms packed their shit in.
Those were good times.. every time a QB faced a Reeves’ led team in the SB, the opposing QB was the MVP.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:40 PM 06-09-2024
Oh boy! No wonder blowmo has been so quiet :-)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...fQAwwbUji05nLp
Attached: Screenshot_20240609_163801_Chrome.jpg (75.0 KB) 
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:16 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Oh boy! No wonder blowmo has been so quiet :-)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...fQAwwbUji05nLp
Put a uniform on Tim Tebow and he'd probably be in contention.
[Reply]
rydogg58 04:37 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Put a uniform on Tim Tebow and he'd probably be in contention.
I'm sure even Elway is in contention with what they've got to work with.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:17 AM 06-10-2024
Stidham gonna be the starter week 1.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:31 AM 06-10-2024
I think Bo Nix will end their QB carousel but he’ll be decent. Just good enough to put them in purgatory but never good enough to actually win in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 4922 of 4932
« First < 3922442248224872491249184919492049214922 4923492449254926 > Last »
Up