ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 300
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 09:30 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
He's no Greg Ostertag
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:37 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think we’re looking at the ideal current era center.

Elite level rim defender. Finishes with power around the rim. Decent ball handler and respectable shot from deep. Athletic enough to stretch to the perimeter defensively.

Self must be drooling to have this guy, Dajuan, KJ, Furphy, Elmarko, Arterio, McDowell for next year already. And you know we’re bringing in transfers and signing other guys too.
That would be awesome, but I've seen Jackson mocked as high as #5 (seems crazy to me, but who knows). I wouldn't be surprised to see Morris go to the draft either.

I wonder if this signing means that Dickinson is 100% gone after this year, or if Bidunga could co-exist with him?
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:32 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's no Greg Ostertag
Well, yeah, OK, BTA, neither is he a Greg Drieling either!

Or Paul Mokeski ?

Damn, I got nothing, nothing I tell ya!
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:48 AM 08-15-2023
Considering KU is still recruiting two other centers including a 7 footer I think Hunter is probably gone
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Considering KU is still recruiting two other centers including a 7 footer I think Hunter is probably gone
What about Clemence? Why did he come back?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:03 PM 08-16-2023
I dunno but he's been killing it in practice apparently even though he's redshirting

Greg Gurley said that Zach Clemence scored 59 combined points in two scrimmages before the team left for Puerto Rico
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 PM 08-18-2023
I dunno but he's been killing it in practice apparently even though he's redshirting

Greg Gurley said that Zach Clemence scored 59 combined points in two scrimmages before the team left for Puerto Rico
No matter how well he shows in practice this year or next, he is not starting over the #4 rated player in college BB.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:12 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No matter how well he shows in practice this year or next, he is not starting over the #4 rated player in college BB.
Reports of Clemence playing great or tearing it up in the summer, only for him to suck badly during the season, is literally the story of his entire Kansas career.

I am honestly shocked that Self brought him back. I usually love all KU players, but he is one of the players that just doesn't belong at a Blue Blood, and every time he is on the court when it matters, he can't get out of the game fast enough for me.

And when he is on the court, against a competitive opponent, he looks lost, on both offense and defense. I wonder if Self had made a commitment to Clemence's parents, and his sense of honor is why he let Clemence back on the team. Because, other than something like that, Clemence coming back is one of the most inexplicable and confusing roster moves Self has ever made.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:51 PM 08-18-2023
KU vs Illinois was going to be a hidden scrimmage but it's now going to be televised on the B1G Network with proceeds going to charity. It's on at 5 pm on the same day the Chiefs play at Denver.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:08 PM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Okay? Not at all what I said though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 PM 08-18-2023
Okay? Not at all what I said though.
I wasn’t saying you did.
[Reply]
seamonster 06:16 AM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's no Greg Ostertag
Sure the kid is a baller but Eric Pauley would have looked like Durant against that competition.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 07:08 AM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Reports of Clemence playing great or tearing it up in the summer, only for him to suck badly during the season, is literally the story of his entire Kansas career.

I am honestly shocked that Self brought him back. I usually love all KU players, but he is one of the players that just doesn't belong at a Blue Blood, and every time he is on the court when it matters, he can't get out of the game fast enough for me.

And when he is on the court, against a competitive opponent, he looks lost, on both offense and defense. I wonder if Self had made a commitment to Clemence's parents, and his sense of honor is why he let Clemence back on the team. Because, other than something like that, Clemence coming back is one of the most inexplicable and confusing roster moves Self has ever made.
I think this is Self adjusting to the new college way. To start, I don’t love clemence or think he’s going to be amazing or anything. But for KU and other teams like us in the new NIL landscape, he’s absolutely a guy you want on our roster for 4-5 years. I absolutely think he can be a decent backup 5 in a year or two, which is what we need. A guy who isn’t going to demand huge minutes or transfer out when he isn’t starting. We saw this year that we can’t expect guys to wait their turn, even if they aren’t really good enough to start right now. The days of a David McCormack sitting in the wings after being an all American for 3 years isn’t happening anymore. If anyone else watched the games in Puerto Rico, Braun looked awful. I’m actually surprised clemence is red shirting because Braun is so bad and I think he could beat him out. But these situations are going to happen to us when we go out and land proven talented players. You aren’t going to be able to find many guys who will sit behind them and just enjoy being a role player, so you get stuck with the Braun’s of the world. If clemence was really OK with coming back and being a steady role player then you take him. The grass is not always going to be greener in NIL land.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:02 AM 08-19-2023
Re: Braun, he was definitely pressing and looked to be a little overwhelmed with thinking about things too much instead of playing naturally. Several turnovers where the ball would go through his hands on passes you expect him to grab. When you are thinking too hard those things occur more. Much like what we saw with Clemence, previously. That will come with experience in the system as the year progresses. As he settles in and he's more comfortable with the understanding of system, spots, movement, spacing etc... he will look a lot better. The kid is wildly athletic for someone his size. Be patient with him, he'll be a pleasant surprise as a role player i believe.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:35 AM 08-22-2023
A look at what penalties KU could face

Originally Posted by :
The charges against KU (as outlined in the NCAA’s May 2020 reply to the school)

• Allegation No. 1: Adidas executive Jim Gatto and outside consultant T.J. Gassnola provided impermissible payments to eventual KU athlete Billy Preston and his mother Nicole Player (and they did so as KU boosters).

• Allegation No. 2: Self, Townsend and other agents of the school (including Adidas and its representatives) committed recruiting violations in pursuing eventual KU athlete Silvio De Sousa, who then played 20 games as a freshman.

• Allegation No. 3: Adidas representatives made impermissible contacts and in some cases offered impermissible inducements to three prospective student-athletes, and Self and Townsend were aware of some of these.

Note: The NCAA also indicated in its May 2020 reply that a third KU player, Cheick Diallo, may have received a payment from Gassnola years before the Preston and De Sousa situations, according to the Journal-World’s previous reporting.

• Allegation No. 4 (head coach responsibility): Self is presumed responsible for the alleged violations because he did not sufficiently encourage compliance among and monitor his staff.

• Allegation No. 5 (lack of institutional control): The University of Kansas did not exert sufficient oversight over its program in the context of the alleged violations.

Originally Posted by :
So a KU ruling seems imminent, and if the IARP finds the men’s basketball program guilty on some combination of its five charges — lack of institutional control and head coach responsibility, along with three additional Level I violations, the highest level of severity — the men’s basketball program could potentially be forced to vacate wins from late in its 2017-18 season, when former forward Silvio De Sousa participated. Arizona (50 wins), Memphis (one) and NC State (15) all had to vacate victories in their IARP cases when they fielded ineligible players.

If De Sousa is ruled retroactively ineligible for that stretch, which featured 15 victories, it could potentially nullify KU’s Big 12 Conference tournament championship, Final Four berth and ongoing streak of 33 straight NCAA Tournament appearances, while dropping KU below Kentucky on the list of winningest college basketball programs.

[Reply]
Page 49 of 300
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up