ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 67
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread.
TripleThreat 02:47 PM 06-15-2018
The most popular tournament in the world has finally come to a reality after 4 long years. 32 teams battle it out for the once every four year tournament known as the FIFA World Cup.

USA Eliminated from the World Cup, and did not qualify for the tournament for the first time since 1986. USA plans and vows to be back as a power house for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

USA, Mexico, and Canada will host the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with USA hosting 60 of the 80 matches. Below is a link for the 2026 possible venues for play, Arrowhead being one of the possibility's as a venue for the cup.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...da-going-to-be

Below are the 32 teams that qualified this year for the 2018 World Cup, and will fight for a chance at the title.

Eliminated:

Group A: Saudia Arabia, Egypt

Group B: Iran, Morocco

Group C: Peru, Australia

Group D: Iceland, Nigeria

Group E: Costa Rica, serbia

Group F: Germany, Korea Republic

Group G: Panama Tunisia

Group H: Poland, Senegal

[Reply]
Why Not? 03:37 PM 07-07-2018
Rooting order for the final 4?

I'd go England(closest resemblance remaining to the US)
Croatia(fun team, plus Simply Red)
Belgium(outside of waffles, I have no clue)

France. Along with Brazil and Germany it would feel to much like rooting for the Yankees
[Reply]
Pants 04:03 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Before you get into a needless argument, which you clearly know nothing about. Why don't you Google articles on the French team and Africa + do some research on the top players on their team.
I don't need to do any research, guy. 99% of their squad was born in France. DEFINITELY the "top players on their team." Hence their country of origin is France. Hence people calling you out.

What do you want me to Google? French colonization of Africa from like 150 years ago?

Should we go back a few decades back and talk about the US men's national basketball team members' "countries of origin?" :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:11 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
What a Cup so far. Would be the best ever if USNMT managed to qualify.
I know nothing about how the qualifiers work....but surely the USNMT wasnt any worse than teams like Panama, Costa Rica, Australia and Morroco.

How did those teams make it and the US did not??
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:01 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Rooting order for the final 4?

I'd go England(closest resemblance remaining to the US)
Croatia(fun team, plus Simply Red)
Belgium(outside of waffles, I have no clue)

France. Along with Brazil and Germany it would feel to much like rooting for the Yankees
:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:11 PM 07-07-2018
I got 4:1 odds on Russia winning at half.

Felt dirty making that bet.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:13 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I know nothing about how the qualifiers work....but surely the USNMT wasnt any worse than teams like Panama, Costa Rica, Australia and Morroco.

Bruce Arena and the USSF blow goats.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:18 PM 07-07-2018

US had their shot and shit the bed. End of story.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:35 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
US had their shot and shit the bed. End of story.
Not denying that. But did the other bottom of the barrel teams in the tourney have an easier path there?

Just trying to say that the US team is no worse than those guys
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:02 PM 07-07-2018
Not denying that. But did the other bottom of the barrel teams in the tourney have an easier path there?

Different leagues(or whatever there called). But, that aside, trust me this version of the USMNT was quite capable of losing to any team that made this year's WC. They lost a match to Trinidad and Tobago.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:28 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Different leagues(or whatever there called). But, that aside, trust me this version of the USMNT was quite capable of losing to any team that made this year's WC. They lost a match to Trinidad and Tobago.
Yeah, but it sounds like they were outnumbered if they played both Trinidad and Tobago.

We have an apartment building across the street from our house, and there are some idiots there who occasionally have loud parties. Most of the time we don't notice it because they're far enough away, but today it was a bunch of drunk millennials drunkenly pretending to be drunken fans of the World Cup and yelling and singing incredibly loudly. We were having lunch outside and it was really annoying, so I'm hoping that the rest of the World Cup games get taken out by a mudslide just to spite them.
[Reply]
loochy 08:46 PM 07-07-2018
No. In the hex, all teams play each other once in a home and away game.

Yes, they are. The results happened.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:51 PM 07-07-2018
I..I believe...I believe we got...I believe we got our shit pushed in...
[Reply]
George Liquor 10:18 PM 07-07-2018
I'm gonna bust out my Croatian flag I brought in Split last summer.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:51 AM 07-08-2018
I hope all those kids trapped in that cave get out in time to watch the World Cup Final next weekend.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 07-08-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I hope all those kids trapped in that cave get out in time to watch the World Cup Final next weekend.
So did heads roll after missing the cup? Are they making changes? Or does our talent level suck so bad we have no business being in the tournament anyway?
[Reply]
Page 49 of 67
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up