ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 293
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:57 PM 01-02-2018
This team isn’t winning their conference this year. But if De Sousa and Preston get eligible there might be a run in March. But I doubt it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:58 PM 01-02-2018
Alright, That Zhaire kid is fucking legit. Holy hell.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's not a narrative, anybody that has been to that place or watches these games knows that.

Also, KU has been getting favourable calls all half. That 50/50 ball was one of them.
Yeah, every major program has a homecourt advantage. He doesn't have to be an insufferable cunt about it.
[Reply]
sedated 09:59 PM 01-02-2018
I cant remember a year that KU looked barely more than a bunch of leftover spare parts. At least in 2009 there was Sherron and Cole.

Probably just a bad game, but 3s can be defended if everyone in the country knows that's all you can do.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Alright, That Zhaire kid is ****ing legit. Holy hell.

Yeah, every major program has a homecourt advantage. He doesn't have to be an insufferable **** about it.
AFH's is bigger than anywhere else.There's a reason KU doesn't lose at home (until this soft team came into existence anyway) and it isn't just because they are generally really good.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:59 PM 01-02-2018
It's not a narrative, anybody that has been to that place or watches these games knows that.

Also, KU has been getting favourable calls all half. That 50/50 ball was one of them.
It's a fallacy. Look at the last 2 or 3 years of fouls at home vs fouls called away for Big 12 teams. Last time I checked last year, KU was 7th out of 10 teams while Iowa State was by far and away the most beneficial of home cooking. They arent the boo clones for nothing. If anything, the false narrative makes refs think twice about calling "crowd induced fouls".
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 PM 01-02-2018
I'm more ready for the NBA than Malik Newman right now. The guy isn't even a good college player.
he is not playing good. Shouldn't even be starting based on performance merit.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 01-02-2018
Why hasn't Graham been doing this all year? He's been attacking the rim like an animal this half. Too bad it's too late.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:02 PM 01-02-2018
I wish Graham would’ve left so we’d have Trae Young.

Sorry but it’s the truth.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 01-02-2018
AFH's is bigger than anywhere else.There's a reason KU doesn't lose at home (until this soft team came into existence anyway) and it isn't just because they are generally really good.
:-) You really think the advantage from AFH is better than Cameron or Rupp? Or even UNC? Hell Koch arena is actually pretty decent.

The biggest part of KUs run has been consistency. It's not like any of these teams have fielded a terrible road record but always wins at home.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's a fallacy. Look at the last 2 or 3 years of fouls at home vs fouls called away for Big 12 teams. Last time I checked last year, KU was 7th out of 10 teams while Iowa State was by far and away the most beneficial of home cooking. They arent the boo clones for nothing. If anything, the false narrative makes refs think twice about calling "crowd induced fouls".
Such a stat is entirely dependent on how physical a team is defensively and how good a team is at getting to the FT line.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:03 PM 01-02-2018
Heh...what was i saying about franchilla a few weeks back? This is about as blatant rooting against as ive seen from him

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 PM 01-02-2018
That wasn't a foul there. Defender is entitled to vertical space.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:04 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-) You really think the advantage from AFH is better than Cameron or Rupp? Or even UNC? Hell Koch arena is actually pretty decent.

The biggest part of KUs run has been consistency. It's not like any of these teams have fielded a terrible road record but always wins at home.
There's not a doubt in my mind that AFH is more favorable than any of those places. They've lost 11 fucking games in the Self era here. KU was the best team in the country over that period of time, but not THAT much better.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:05 PM 01-02-2018
Such a stat is entirely dependent on how physical a team is defensively and how good a team is at getting to the FT line.
You are a stat guy. Stats have clearly shown that Iowa State in the last 3 years gets way more calls AT HOME compared to ON THE ROAD compared anyone else in the Big 12. There was an entire thread ab out it on the Phog last year showing the stats. It's not made up.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I wish Graham would’ve left so we’d have Trae Young.

Sorry but it’s the truth.
Trae Young + this same group of players goes nowhere.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 293
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up