ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 70
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:43 PM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I've always been a Giacchino fan. And I thought the score was really strong. But I totally understand why people didn't feel/like it. There's just something about his work that always works on me. Not sure what it is. But whatever.
He didn't come up with anything nearly as strong as his Star Trek themes. Those are outstanding
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:45 PM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He didn't come up with anything nearly as strong as his Star Trek themes. Those are outstanding
I can get on board with that, for sure. But I still enjoyed the score. Didn't he also only have like 4 and half weeks to throw this thing together? Is that true? I feel like I heard/read that somewhere.

But, anyway, yes. I agree. His Trek stuff is stronger.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:48 AM 12-30-2016
If you thought the score was strong, watch again. There were several spots where the score could have added a bunch of emotion but just falls flat. I didn't notice how weak it was on my first viewing because I wasn't really paying attention to it. Heard some complaints, so I listened my second viewing and its really pretty terrible. I get it was thrown together in 4 weeks, but it is absolutely the weakest part of the movie.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:51 AM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
If you thought the score was strong, watch again. There were several spots where the score could have added a bunch of emotion but just falls flat. I didn't notice how weak it was on my first viewing because I wasn't really paying attention to it. Heard some complaints, so I listened my second viewing and its really pretty terrible. I get it was thrown together in 4 weeks, but it is absolutely the weakest part of the movie.
I don't think emotional resonance was a problem for me like was for a lot of people here. It's the first Star Wars film that made me cry. I was a wreck during the majority of the film. It's so visceral and violent and potent. The movie hit me pretty hard.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:55 AM 12-30-2016
I don't think emotional resonance was a problem for me like was for a lot of people here. It's the first Star Wars film that made me cry. I was a wreck during the majority of the film. It's so visceral and violent and potent. The movie hit me pretty hard.
Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way about the story, characters, etc... It's everything Star Wars is supposed to be. I loved the movie, and don't think the score ruined it for me, but the music is such an important thing to every star wars film ever made. The score has always enhanced what is happening on the screen. Even the prequels did that right. I think overall it's a very minor complaint with a great movie though.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 10:19 AM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way about the story, characters, etc... It's everything Star Wars is supposed to be. I loved the movie, and don't think the score ruined it for me, but the music is such an important thing to every star wars film ever made. The score has always enhanced what is happening on the screen. Even the prequels did that right. I think overall it's a very minor complaint with a great movie though.
Sure. I getcha. But with anything artistic, it's so subjective. I really liked TFA, too, but the score didn't move me very much. I thought R1's score was much better. It's not as good as many of the other SW film scores, for sure. And there's nothing that rivals The Force Theme or Leia's Theme or Duel of Fates or The Imperial March or any of that iconic stuff.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:42 PM 12-30-2016
The score was average.. but the out of control tie-fighter slamming in to that gun was really awesome. On par with any of the other movies.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:54 PM 01-01-2017
I'm going to see this tomorrow..... Going with my Bro in law. He wants to see it in a IMAX 3D theater.. I'm concerned I'll get a headache... I'm prone to motion sickness and don't want to ruin the show for me or him.. I haven't been to a 3D movie before so I was wondering should I be concerned...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I'm going to see this tomorrow..... Going with my Bro in law. He wants to see it in a IMAX 3D theater.. I'm concerned I'll get a headache... I'm prone to motion sickness and don't want to ruin the show for me or him.. I haven't been to a 3D movie before so I was wondering should I be concerned...
I saw it in IMAX. Since it wasn't filmed in IMAX, it's not the same experience as a true IMAX film. There was probably 7-10 foot of blank, black screen around the actual image of the film.

Quite honestly, it wasn't worth the extra $10 dollars (or more, depending on the theater) than seeing at Arclight or AMC. Also, our seats were pretty much in the middle of the theater and I felt they were too close to enjoy the entire image. I'd have preferred to sit in the last couple of rows. All that said, I hate 3D. It's a dopey format, especially when the filmed is just converted (like R1) and IMO, it's just a gimmick to sell tickets.

I'd recommend seeing it in the best 2D theater in your area.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:32 PM 01-01-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 01:55 PM 01-01-2017
Came across an interesting video linking Rogue One and A New Hope. There was the scene in ANH where it showed Tarkin, Vader, and the top lieutenants in a conference room. There are two unattended chairs in the room, possibly belonging to Director Krennic and maybe Grand Admiral Thrawn. It was an interesting theory, and I thought it was cool how that theory tied together Rebels, R1, and ANH.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:56 PM 01-01-2017
And yes, I second the 2D recommendation. I've seen it in both, and the 3D does nothing for this movie, imo.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:15 PM 01-01-2017
Why would Jyn be Rey's mother?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:32 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why would Jyn be Rey's mother?
Clearly, she's not her mother in this version
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:37 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And yes, I second the 2D recommendation. I've seen it in both, and the 3D does nothing for this movie, imo.
Agreed, I enjoyed it much more in 2D.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 70
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up