ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 163
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
Dayze 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
LOL ... I was 100% with you until that sentence.

Conflating the Department of Transportation and the National Football League has my head a-spinning.

FAX
Goodell: "You're over weight on your load by 200 lbs. I'm going to have to fine your for that and revoke your license"

Driver" "...but you're standing on the scale".

Goodell: "Pull forward"...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Just sign him now. Could get him for about 10-12 mil a year instead of 20
I'd be down with that as long as the up-front money was nil and the contract had an iron-clad escape clause for any personal conduct issues.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Woof. Florio telling Pryor to hold his beer.
Yep. Whether Hill did it or not, Goodell has no ability to punish Hill's mom or wife, so Hill need not take the 5th. He'll just lie.

Problem for the NFL, the Chiefs, and for Hill is he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. I don't know what goes down here. If Hill wasn't a premier talent, he'd be gone.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Icon:
I'm trying to think of other NFL precedents.

Wasn't Adrian Peterson suspended for overly disciplining his son? Or was it something else?
Yep he was and I expect Tyreek will be suspended to.

This isn't over and we need to see what the Chiefs will do, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh hell yes I remember all of that. I do believe he said it would "shake the NFL to its foundations", or something along that line.
Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover. :-)

The good old days!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 04-24-2019
The thing I don’t get is, if Tyreek violently broke his sons arm and is covering it up, why did he post a pic with the kid in a cast on social media back when it happened?

Some things just don’t make much sense here and I honestly think it’s a legitimate possibility that the kids broken arm was more of an accident, maybe due to bad parenting, but not necessarily violence.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:56 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

This isn't over and we need to see what the Chiefs will do, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him.
AP had evidence tho. Tyreek does not. It’s he said she said. You really gonna suspend a player when you yourself don’t have all the facts
[Reply]
Hoover 02:56 PM 04-24-2019
"If he won’t talk to the league, he’s guilty. If he talks to the league but he tells a story that isn’t believable or consistent, he’s guilty. If Espinal tries to take the blame but does so in a way that, given her clear financial interest in protecting Hill, seems flimsy or not credible, he’s guilty."

My advice, make changes in your personal life. I mean hire a fucking nanny if you need too. Then accept whatever punishment the NFL gives you. Then move on. If Hill gives one inch, the NFL and PC gods will crush him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Yep. Whether Hill did it or not, Goodell has no ability to punish Hill's mom or wife, so Hill need not take the 5th. He'll just lie.

Problem for the NFL, the Chiefs, and for Hill is he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. I don't know what goes down here. If Hill wasn't a premier talent, he'd be gone.
The 5th amendment doesn't apply in a private setting. He could try to plead the 5th and Goodell could simply suspend him for not complying with the investigation.
[Reply]
FAX 02:57 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
If it turns out that Tyreek did not abuse his son and is only protecting someone that did, would you condone that?
Holy shit. Well, you caught me ... I suppose I have to confess now ...

Yeah ... actually, I've been praying every night that somebody would abuse Tyreek's kid.

Wait a minute ... not just his kid ... any random kid. And lots of them. Let 'em all have it. Spiral fractures for everybody under the age of 4!

And just so you know, your magic is fading.

FAX
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:57 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The thing I don’t get is, if Tyreek violently broke his sons arm and is covering it up, why did he post a pic with the kid in a cast on social media back when it happened?

Some thing just don’t make much sense here and I honestly think it’s a legitimate possibility that the kids broken arm was more of an accident, maybe due to bad parenting, but not necessarily violence.
Of course you think that. You're the biggest homer on this site.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
AP had evidence tho. Tyreek does not. It’s he said she said. You really gonna suspend a player when you yourself don’t have all the facts
What evidence did the AP case have beyond the kid's injuries and the testimony of someone who said it happened?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:58 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
To be clear, I don't fault you for having a personal perspective. In fact, I encourage stuff like that. I just wouldn't want you in a jury box judging me ... if it ever down came to it. Depending on the court, the defendant gets a few vetos during the selection process. No offense, but I think I'd use one of mine for you. Look on the bright side though; no dollar-a-day jury duty.
I'm 38 years old and somehow I've avoided jury duty my entire life, not through trying but through random happenstance. I just want you to know if I'm ever up to appear on a jury in your impersonating-a-private-investigator case, I will judge you justly. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 02:58 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

:-)

Come on, now. You'd be the only one not surprised if the Chiefs cut him. Lol

At this point even if he does get suspended, he's going to appeal. What will he lose his appeal over? Goodell's opinion on the highlights he's read of the case?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:58 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
The DA was explicit that he wouldn't discuss whether others were in the home or around the kid. If there was family around or staying at the neighbors or whatever, that widens the pool of potentials considerably and makes "beyond a reasonable doubt" pretty much impossible

Per Seth Keysor
Yeah, I meant to emphasize that earlier.

We don't even know if the pool of suspects goes beyond the two parents. We may be talking about Hill being suspended for something someone else did, not even he or cyrstal.

And I don't say this as a conspiracy theory. We - literally - do not know the specifics. Because they will not tell us (they being the da).

That's why I'm not sure what's going to happen. Maybe what the NFL will discover is that he literally had nothing to do with it.

Or maybe he did. I don't know.

A lot of folks are acting like they do....
[Reply]
Page 49 of 163
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up