ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:43 PM 09-26-2020
There is also a scenario where the #2 seed could be advantageous for KC..

Through 2 weeks, the eyeball test says Steelers might be the 3rd best team in the AFC...and #5 seed

This would pit them against the #4 seed...if they win, they might travel to the Ravens for round 2.

I would rather face Allen/Newton than Roethlisberger...provided the #3 seed wins.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Being that it's impossible to predict the future...I agree to a certain extent.

It's also fair to say that the two teams likely vying for HFA are Baltimore and KC...and a win puts the loser at a two game disadvantage.

Knowing what we know, barring catastrophic injuries...this game has serious post-season seeding implications. Neither of them will likely lose more than 4 games.

You cant, with a straight face, say this game isn't more important than a regular game...it counts as two games when it comes to the head-to-head seeding.
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It might not be the most important but it's very likely could be the difference between the #1 and #2 seed. which at the end of this season when we look back will say this was the most important game.
The Ravens got the #1 seed last year and got steamrolled at home. Stuff happens.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:15 PM 09-26-2020
ESPN only giving KC a 40% chance to win. I like this underdog spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 09-26-2020
An extra week for Reid and getting rested is big...it also amounts to another game where you can easily lose if things dont bounce your way...or injuries.

If the Chargers get the 7th seed..KC will have to play them a 3rd time...in back-to back weeks. Week 17 is against LA...

I cant believe people think not getting bye isn't a big deal...it massively increases the odds for reaching the SB.
Yeah, all those #1 seeds the Chiefs had won so many Super Bowls.

It marginally increases the chance. It's actually not massive.
[Reply]
TEX 03:17 PM 09-26-2020
and Watkins got hurt...so?

Remember Maclin getting hurt at the end of the Texans play-off route?...did that effect the outcome in a close game at NE...the following week? Patriots, as the #2 seed, got to sit on their ass...and watch KC's #1 WR injure himself.

I cant believe this is even a discussion...there is even MORE at stake this year as the #2 seed has to play 3 play-off games.
Completely agree. Id much rather get the bye and risk coming out flat, than have to play week 1 of the playoffs and risk injury. Its a no brainer IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Completely agree. Id much rather get the bye and risk coming out flat, than have to play week 1 of the playoffs and risk injury. Its a no brainer IMO.
Of course you want to get the bye if you can.

That doesn't mean the season is lost if they lose on Monday.

It's week 3.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 09-26-2020
and Watkins got hurt...so?

Remember Maclin getting hurt at the end of the Texans play-off route?...did that effect the outcome in a close game at NE...the following week? Patriots, as the #2 seed, got to sit on their ass...and watch KC's #1 WR injure himself.

I cant believe this is even a discussion...there is even MORE at stake this year as the #2 seed has to play 3 play-off games.
Originally Posted by TEX:
If the big concern about not having the bye is the potential for injury, then I go back to my original point earlier today.

There's still 13 games left after Monday night. ANYBODY could get hurt during that time, including Lamar Jackson.

Look, it's an important game. I get that. But a loss in week 3 is never a season-breaker. Ever.

The Chiefs could end up going 15-1 and Baltimore, with a couple of bad breaks, end up 12-4.

I think people are just assuming that the Ravens are going to go 14-2 again and that's just not statistically likely. Teams that have gone 14-2 or better in one season average 10 wins the next season.

The Ravens went through last season with the 2nd fewest injuries in the league.

The chances of them cruising to the #1 seed, even if they beat the Chiefs, aren't great, no matter how good they are. The NFL is about parity and one bad injury or a couple of bad bounces can change an entire season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:24 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the big concern about not having the bye is the potential for injury, then I go back to my original point earlier today.

There's still 13 games left after Monday night. ANYBODY could get hurt during that time, including Lamar Jackson.

Look, it's an important game. I get that. But a loss in week 3 is never a season-breaker. Ever.

The Chiefs could end up going 15-1 and Baltimore, with a couple of bad breaks, end up 12-4.

I think people are just assuming that the Ravens are going to go 14-2 again and that's just not statistically likely. Teams that have gone 14-2 or better in one season average 10 wins the next season.

The Ravens went through last season with the 2nd fewest injuries in the league.

The chances of them cruising to the #1 seed, even if they beat the Chiefs, aren't great, no matter how good they are. The NFL is about parity and one bad injury or a couple of bad bounces can change an entire season.
So what you’re saying is that if we lose this game we are FUCKED!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So what you’re saying is that if we lose this game we are FUCKED!!!!!!
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 09-26-2020
The Chiefs won the Super Bowl with Mahomes missing 3 games and being gimpy for a handful more.

The Ravens in the same situation wouldn't even be the same team.

I'm just not worried about this game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 09-26-2020
The Chiefs won the Super Bowl with Mahomes missing 3 games and being gimpy for a handful more.

Quite right :-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:13 PM 09-26-2020

It also took a lot of luck for that to happen

I’d rather not have to rely on luck again
[Reply]
DRM08 04:16 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

To be fair, anyone making a deep playoff run will need plenty of luck on the injury front. There is not a team in the league that can suffer a ton of injuries and still be good enough to run the table.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:19 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

It did?

Losing the reigning regular season MVP for 3 games and still going 12-4 is about as good as it gets when it comes to BAD luck.

The simple fact is that this team can win many ways. The Ravens can't.

Regardless of the outcome on Monday, the Chiefs have an ace in hand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
To be fair, anyone making a deep playoff run will need plenty of luck on the injury front. There is not a team in the league that can suffer a ton of injuries and still be good enough to run the table.
Exactly.

That being said, some teams can weather injuries better than others. The Chiefs are one of those teams.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up