ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 49 of 82
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Brock 06:38 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Remember the last time some boxer not only controlled, but threw the MMA Originator, the Master around like a rag doll... just grabbed him up long enough to land a big ol uppercut?

Yeah, me neither.
Remember the memorable actual fights bruce lee was ever in that anybody actually saw? Yeah, neither does anyone else.
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:38 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I feel like we're trying to patiently explain that Santa Claus is not real to an audience who grew up on Santa Claus movies and just won't accept it.
The kid from the movie 'Rookie of the Year' would strike out Barry Bonds in his prime every time.
[Reply]
RNR 06:41 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I feel like we're trying to patiently explain that Santa Claus is not real to an audience who grew up on Santa Claus movies and just won't accept it.
I will always lean towards a mixed martial artist or martial artist against a boxer. That said the size difference and power advantage would make the slowest mind pause. I have only said it could go either way. The video game movie fight critics.

Kung Fu bitches
[Reply]
RNR 06:47 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
The kid from the movie 'Rookie of the Year' would strike out Barry Bonds in his prime every time.
The fatality pitch~

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:47 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
Remember the memorable actual fights bruce lee was ever in that anybody actually saw? Yeah, neither does anyone else.
I have asked several times, I got a link to a video against "black belt" who looked to be about 16 and white.

The blow was blacked out on the video for some reason and then we see little white boy on the ground...
His mom might have given him a black belt...
[Reply]
Sorter 06:58 PM 10-18-2015
People have no idea how hard it is to take someone who is 5'9 220 of solid muscle to the ground. Tyson was lightning quick, had perfect footwork, and weighed nearly 100 pounds more than the actor he would be fighting against.

MMA fights are standup fights. They nearly never end because one fighter kicked the other fighter and knocked him down. There is also a reason that weight classes exist. This argument is ridicuous.

I boxed for a couple of years. My main training partner had 40 pounds on me. It was very difficult for him to hit me...but I wouldn't have stood a chance against him. If we had fought 100 times, he would have been 100-0. Size is an enormous weapon. Height is as well. Having to attack upwards is both exhausting and power-robbing. Even if I had been allowed to throw kicks, it wouldn't have made a damned bit of difference. For a smaller opponent to throw a kick, he'd have to be in close. The larger opponent would be able to bear hug the kicker and slam the shit out of him.
I don't know about that.

InB4 someone suggests Lee would head kick Tyson.
:-).
[Reply]
Buzz 06:58 PM 10-18-2015
Dumb, it's why you have weight classes in Boxing, MMA or Martial Art tournaments. A 5'6 dude weighing 140 pounds isn't going to kick the crap out of a 5'11 230 pound brick shit house, just not going to happen.
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:01 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I don't know about that.

Hence my "nearly" qualifier. Every once in a while, it happens against a tomato can.
[Reply]
Squalor2 07:03 PM 10-18-2015
i dont believe tyson would beat ali and as much as i admire lee, he could not win against big mike
[Reply]
stevieray 07:07 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I don't know about that.

...bruce might've been only 140,but he was 5' 8"....but almost zero body fat...his lats were sick.... dude was built...can only imagine the power.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:07 PM 10-18-2015
Hence my "nearly" qualifier. Every once in a while, it happens against a tomato can.
I mean, Mirko (while probably the exception) made a living off of head kicks.

I don't disagree with your sentiment; the people think that a 145lb (at best) Bruce Lee is going to have a competitive fight with prime Tyson are hilarious.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:08 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...bruce might've been only 140,but he was 5' 8"....but almost zero body fat...his lats were sick.... dude was built...can only imagine the power.
I don't deny that Bruce was well built.

He'd still get worked over by Aldo or McGregor.
[Reply]
RNR 07:09 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Dumb, it's why you have weight classes in Boxing, MMA or Martial Art tournaments. A 5'6 dude weighing 140 pounds isn't going to kick the crap out of a 5'11 230 pound brick shit house, just not going to happen.
WHAT??? You do not know BRUCE LEE!!!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:12 PM 10-18-2015
Had he been trained in MMA and been born several years later, Mike Tyson may have been nearly unstoppable. Dude had an unbelievably solid chin, ridiculous power in both hands, gobs upon gobs of athleticism, and was as mean as they come.

Regarding the OP: He would murder Bruce Lee. If he could walk through Razor Ruddock's bombs on the chin just to prove a macho point, I think he could handle Lee's mosquito bites.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:13 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:

So your saying zero body fat at 140 verses zero body fat for a heavy weight is equal?
[Reply]
Page 49 of 82
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up