ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 483 of 791
« First < 383433473479480481482483 484485486487493533583 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 03:27 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yes it is.

I'm not shooting for 'good' in a single offseason when we have to keep a weather eye on the horizon w/r/t to the cap.

I'm shooting for 'good enough'.

With a couple of savvy signings and a good draft, he might be able to get there. My worry right now is that Veach may not have that in his bag. And I don't think I'm setting the bar terribly high.
Yea I hear you, I wouldn't think that would be to hard...The pass rusher thing is going to be the hardest because I think they can address the LB's and secondary with solid players.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:27 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's the rub.

We just don't know exactly what Spagnuolo is looking for.
I DO! ...TO KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:29 PM 03-13-2019
I mean I knew this was going to be a rebuild year, and our ranking on defense will reflect it. We are only 2 years off from possibly having a defense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:29 PM 03-13-2019
I think it’s fair to question whether or not this works out with Spags. But I’m giving it a chance for certain, because the decisions to move on from these guys makes plenty of sense.

We’ll see. I’m guessing they add 5 more vets on defense roughly and a ton of picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow you guys don’t trust Daley or House? Those are good coaches
I love those hires.

And as someone who was more pissed off at our position coaches this year than I was at Sutton, I absolutely agree that their additions are enormous.

But they're gonna work on technique and responsibility. And that's a great first step but we still need Spags to have a good feel on how to get them all to play together.

I'm not just gonna assume that's gonna work out because when you look at his history it HASN'T always.

This isn't "fuck it, give Reid what he wants because the man knows offense..." Reid's track record spoke for itself. Spags career, OTOH, is...checkered.

But I will say that the guys he brought in to work with him made me quite a bit more confident in the team's overall ability to bring a defense together, even if it didn't directly address my concerns regarding Spags specifically. This is an A+ assistant staff.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:32 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I mean I knew this was going to be a rebuild year, and our ranking on defense will reflect it. We are only 2 years off from possibly having a defense.
So what were the last 2 years? Should this really be a 4 year defensive rebuild?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:32 PM 03-13-2019
Matt Miller suggests that Watts will start with HB. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...602049538?s=21

I think he’d be good in a blitz heavy scheme for certain but you’d better have great depth. He’s got a broke dick track record.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:32 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think it’s fair to question whether or not this works out with Spags. But I’m giving it a chance for certain, because the decisions to move on from these guys makes plenty of sense.

We’ll see. I’m guessing they add 5 more vets on defense roughly and a ton of picks.
Oh it can work, I just wish we would have stayed with 3-4 because I figured we could fix that faster than retooling entire defense.

But what is done is done.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 03:34 PM 03-13-2019

I think it’s fair as well. Hopefully Andy got this right and hopefully House and Daly have some input on the new personnel.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 03-13-2019

I'm absolutely willing to give it a chance. Again - the staff around him alone makes it worth the effort.

But 'give it a chance' means give the guy something to work with as well. You can't just say "hey Spags, fix all this crap and here's 25% of our cap to work with..."

If you want to fairly judge the guy, you need to give him a puncher's chance. And I don't think tossing a bunch of roster chaff at him is a way to go about doing that because nothing about his history suggests that's a rock he's gonna be able to get up that hill.

Give him a roster of representative NFL talent - I'm fine with generally solid across the board - and see if he can coach that up to a level of a generally solid defense.

Don't give the guy a bunch of scraps and expect him to work miracles. That's a recipe for failure.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:35 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So what were the last 2 years? Should this really be a 4 year defensive rebuild?
Look,

We had a pass rush, we do not have 2 of 3 of our most productive pass rushers now.

So yeah its going to take this offseason and maybe 1-2 more of drafts to right the ship.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:35 PM 03-13-2019
Matt Miller suggests that Watts will start with HB. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...602049538?s=21

I think he’d be good in a blitz heavy scheme for certain but you’d better have great depth. He’s got a broke dick track record.
Sorenson is a great blitzer as well and Lucas is athletic. I think we are about done with safety.

I think we are going heavy up front 7 and corner in the draft
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 03-13-2019
Oh it can work, I just wish we would have stayed with 3-4 because I figured we could fix that faster than retooling entire defense.

But what is done is done.
Staying with something broke to avoid change isn’t a sound strategy mecessarilt
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:36 PM 03-13-2019
If they plan on starting Mathieu and Watts, that’s two safeties who blitz really well. No coincidence.

Spags’ scheme, like it or not, involves lots of blitzing. Especially from DBs. Mitigates some of the importance of having dominant pass rushers.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:36 PM 03-13-2019
It is Super Bowl or bust next season... the defense needs to be upgraded enough to achieve that.

No "step back"/"rebuilding" bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 483 of 791
« First < 383433473479480481482483 484485486487493533583 > Last »
Up