ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 480 of 791
« First < 380430470476477478479480 481482483484490530580 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It makes more sense than trying to get DeMarcus Lawrence...
That's the crux isn't it?

We're nuking a defense with no discernible talent to fill the voids that you could claim makes them better.

I'm not sold on DeMarcus Lawrence either. Or any of these guys that are available.

I worry that we're headed into next season with patch work guys like Orlando Scandrick.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
why do people like Darby so much? No thanks on that piece of shit player
I'd rather start Terrence Trent D'arby.
[Reply]
loochy 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What does tendered at 6th round level mean?

Originally Posted by :
In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three or fewer accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team)[1] of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
What does tendered at 6th round level mean?
If someone tries to sign him and the Chiefs don’t match the contract, KC gets that teams 6th round pick
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
So what FAs do we have left that might bring in a comp pick - Bailey, Ware, anyone else?
[Reply]
Kman34 03:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
His resume is all over the place. It's difficult to nail down what Spags is exactly.

Doesn't strike me as a coach who makes chicken salad out of chicken shit.

DJ laid it out. I've said it before as well.

Simply having faith in Spags just because he's not Sutton seems foolish.
True but any improvement over the last two years Defense gets us where we want to go..
[Reply]
Mecca 03:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
why do people like Darby so much? No thanks on that piece of shit player
Cause this team needs a vet CB.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It would be a major mistake if Veach goes the Ted Thompson route and tries to rebuild the defense (and the remaining needs on offense such as #2 TE) almost exclusively through the draft.
Especially when they've shown zero reason, until proven otherwise, for us to expect them to hit home runs in the draft, at least on defense. They have been completely average at best at finding defensive talent in the draft. That's a recipe for disaster. A bunch of role players like Speaks and Nnadi isn't going to cut it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:11 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If someone tries to sign him and the Chiefs don’t match the contract, KC gets that teams 6th round pick
Thanks
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 PM 03-13-2019

We're nuking a defense with no discernible talent to fill the voids that you could claim makes them better.

I'm not sold on DeMarcus Lawrence either. Or any of these guys that are available.

I worry that we're headed into next season with patch work guys like Orlando Scandrick.
That is also jumping to the complete other level...

Guys like Jamie Collins would be solid signings that fit the defense.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:12 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Here we go. You have a new enemy it appears.
Pointing out fact does not make it an enemy. He's right. There's nothing in that post that's incorrect.

Pull up Spag's defensive rankings while he was a coordinator and you'll find more bottom 10's than top 10's.

Lets not act like Spags has never fielded a 30th or worse defense before. He has.

Does that say, "he can coach up bad talent" to you?

It doesn't to me.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:12 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Especially when they've shown zero reason, until proven otherwise, for us to expect them to hit home runs in the draft, at least on defense. They have been completely average at best at finding defensive talent in the draft. That's a recipe for disaster. A bunch of role players like Speaks and Nnadi isn't going to cut it.
It's hard to hit home runs w/o a 1st round pick. Nnadi and O'Daniel looked pretty good to me from last year.
[Reply]
loochy 03:13 PM 03-13-2019
So what FAs do we have left that might bring in a comp pick - Bailey, Ware, anyone else?
Chiefs have tendered three exclusive rights free agents, per source: K Harrison Butker, WR Marcus Kemp and DT Justin Hamilton. Told a longer term extension with Butker remains a possibility.
— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) March 13, 2019
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It makes more sense than trying to get DeMarcus Lawrence...
I think the goal here is to get the defense to merely credible.

You can do that if you just flat don't have any glaring holes in it and if Jones can continue to play at an elite level.

Now the hell of it is, just getting to 'not having any glaring holes' will still require us to sign 3 mid-tier FAs and hit on a couple of draft picks, but I guess it is what it is.

Right now I guess the starting defense would be

Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Kpass
Wilson - Hitchens - DoD
Ward - Matthieu- Lucas - Watts - Fuller

I mean...that's bad. That's really bad. Granted, the draft will get you some help there but I still think you need a couple of solid signings.

So if you take about 1/2 that freed up space and put it towards extensions, you have some runaround money. You can put that towards 2 year deals with Golden, Brown and maybe a 4 year deal for Darby.

So you're looking at:

Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Golden
Hitchens - Brown - DoD
Ward - Matthieu - Watts/Lucas - Fuller - Darby

That's still not good, but it's quite a bit better. It's capable of getting you to average to slightly below AND you're not relying on any immediate impact contributions from your rookie class (which is imperative because you just can't know what you're getting there).

And you've taken no wild swings that would interfere with your long-term outlook.

Essentially you need 2 or 3 of those "Mike DeVito" kind of signings; affordable players that come in and do yeoman's work who, if they are replaced by rookies who outperform them, you can bench and eventually cut without hurting your cap.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:13 PM 03-13-2019

The new season literally just started an hour ago. Chill the fuck out.
[Reply]
Page 480 of 791
« First < 380430470476477478479480 481482483484490530580 > Last »
Up