ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 48 of 114
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:53 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Phew, thank God the crossroads was saved, people flock from all over the country to visit there.
You know, they actually DO.

The hotels are nearly always full, and for anyone that doesn't like chain restaurants and bars, and actually wants to get a taste of what KC is actually like that area is where they go.

I'm guessing you're in NY given your handle. You haven't been in this area in a long time if you think otherwise.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:58 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
You do not know Kansas City suburbs dude. There will never be any vote on any Kansas ballot or in the Kansas legislature that equals build a stadium for an NFL or MLB team.
The Kansas Legislature approved the tax breaks for the Speedway. They definitely could offer a money bag to the Hunts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You stopped playing during the game and came back when it was over. You could have talked to these philestines the whole time. You are such a musician.
I was busy. I work in production and it's been insane lately. And I spent plenty of time working against the proposal out in the world when I could do something.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:18 AM 04-03-2024
KCMO undefeated sitting on its balls.
Throw yourself into a puddle of homeless piss east coast trash
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:23 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't expect any of you that are freaking out to listen or understand, but I feel like I ought to try.

This was not a rejection of The Chiefs stadium renovation plans. This was 100% a referendum on The Royals Crossroads stadium plan. It was rejected for a lot of reasons, and different people had different ones, but mostly it was a terrible plan. There was almost no detail whatsoever. There were promises spoken, but the team refused to put anything in writing.

The location was a big reason, and if you think this was all about saving a strip joint, you're clueless. If you think that area is a dilapidated and empty, you haven't been there in a very long time. It really is an economic success story driven almost entirely by independent small business. Some of which would get wiped out immediately by the footprint of the stadium, some of which would be priced out by the economics of the situation during or soon after.

They don't have to do it the way this very loose, very unstructured plan suggested.

You don't have to kill a good thing to build a new thing.

You can have both.

And you can put details in writing.

Without extortion.

This was a terrible mistake on Sherman's part. I think he thought The Chiefs would give him enough cover to just do whatever he wanted, and he was wrong.
All of this!
[Reply]
Pablo 07:25 AM 04-03-2024
Phew, thank God the crossroads was saved, people flock from all over the country to visit there.
And you cared so much about KC that you fled to the biggest hemorrhoid city you could think of
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:29 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Public shouldn't be funding Billionaire's new digs anyway.
No, but that is reality. Deal in reality, it makes the conversation better.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:30 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
You serious?

Kansas would write a blank check tomorrow. 80% of the sports betting tax revenue goes directly to bringing a professional sports team to Kansas.

The Chiefs aren’t leaving KC, but knowing Kansas will give whatever it takes is how Clark will get his way. Or just move there
Today is lierally "tomorrow"...where is the check?? Where is the site? Where are the feasibility studies?
[Reply]
jettio 07:30 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The Kansas Legislature approved the tax breaks for the Speedway. They definitely could offer a money bag to the Hunts.
Time will tell. Shit will smell.

As Patrick Mahomes said on the golf course in Lake Tahoe to the only Chargers fan on Earth after several Coors Lights. "I'll see it when I believe it."
[Reply]
Pablo 07:33 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
You may not know the answer until it's too late. MLB has to get its shit together and institute a meaningful cap, but the 15 & 16 seasons alone were enough to answer that question for tens of thousands
No, but that is reality. Deal in reality, it makes the conversation better.
The reality is you love the Royals so much that you forgot their magical seasons were actually 2014 and 2015.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:34 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Having lived in Nashville for 16 years I really don't see the Royals making that move. Atlanta, Cincinnati, and St. Louis would oppose that move.

TN does not use eminent domain as strongly as KS or MO as well. Also, the TN Tits are looking at wanting / needing a new stadium, and Nashville recently built a new stadium for the minor league baseball team so another new stadium may be fiscally unviable.

Finally, there's limited locations that Nashville metro can leverage for a new stadium. The Nashville metro infrastructure is already buckling, a new baseball and potential new football stadiums would break city infrastructure.
I'm more concerned about Salt Lake City...there is so much money money and momentum there.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:35 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The reality is you love the Royals so much that you forgot their magical seasons were actually 2014 and 2015.
I can't remember which year I was born. I'm good with names though :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 07:35 AM 04-03-2024
I'm more concerned about Salt Lake City...there is so much money money and momentum there.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:36 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know, they actually DO.

The hotels are nearly always full, and for anyone that doesn't like chain restaurants and bars, and actually wants to get a taste of what KC is actually like that area is where they go.

I'm guessing you're in NY given your handle. You haven't been in this area in a long time if you think otherwise.
Very weird how it's almost always people from out of town telling people how we should vote and how areas theyve never even been to of the city are vaccant
[Reply]
Pablo 07:39 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Very weird how it's almost always people from out of town telling people how we should vote and how areas theyve never even been to of the city are vaccant
People from outside of KC and/or those who fled from KC have a lot of opinions on what they would like KC to be and do.

The poll results are hilarious up top. Dead tie for Jackson county residents on a sports message board and an overwhelming yes for anybody from NYC, Chicago, Phoenix, STL, Tulsa, Springfield or wherever the fuck they were from.

Don't you guys want to be like us?? Don't you want to be in the big city cool kids club?? Why do you even care about that part of the city? I did a drive by on google and that was a lot of research!!

Now they'll be quick to tell us how WE WILL NEVER BE BIG TIME, WE WILL NEVER BE IN THE CLUB AND WILL ALWAYS BE FLYOVER COUNTRY. Oh no! I wanted to be just like them
[Reply]
Page 48 of 114
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up