Page 48 of 112
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And had we let him walk and he dominated with another team you would have complained how Veach didn't keep him. Essentially no matter what you would have been upset. If Jones played like this as a DT you would have a point. He is playing DE, which he has not played his entire career in the NFL and to no surprise he's struggling. Also he was quite good last year after getting paid.
We kept to many guys... we're paying the price for run it back and we'll be doing it next year too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:36 PM 10-25-2021
Jones is hurt and playing out of position. Let the honey vadger and clark go. I havent studied this years draft class much but I like the Bills philosophy of loading up on pass rushers in the past draft and think we should do the same. That alone will fix alot of issues or atleast cover up for them.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:39 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We kept to many guys... we're paying the price for run it back and we'll be doing it next year too.
Who did we keep that we shouldn't have? Clark? His contract was written in a way that we couldn't get out of it before this year. HB? He's on the final year of his three year deal. Jones? He's the second best DT in football. He is playing out if position and it shows. Kelce? He's the best TE in the game and on a HOF trajectory. Hill is a Top 5 WR. I know who you, with the benefit of hindsight, would have let walk, but the reality is we didn't retain players we shouldn't have.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:40 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Jones is hurt and playing out of position. Let the honey vadger and clark go. I havent studied this years draft class much but I like the Bills philosophy of loading up on pass rushers in the past draft and think we should do the same. That alone will fix alot of issues or atleast cover up for them.
We might need a LT as well as it's not looking too promising for Brown at the moment.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:34 AM 10-26-2021
Who did we keep that we shouldn't have? Clark? His contract was written in a way that we couldn't get out of it before this year. HB? He's on the final year of his three year deal. Jones? He's the second best DT in football. He is playing out if position and it shows. Kelce? He's the best TE in the game and on a HOF trajectory. Hill is a Top 5 WR. I know who you, with the benefit of hindsight, would have let walk, but the reality is we didn't retain players we shouldn't have.
This. I mean maybe Watkins should have been let go but he restructured and it would been hard to get a decent player for the savings after the cap hit. Robinson, Pringle maybe should have brought in some competition but again they got next to nothing so you would basically had to hit on a UDFA type player...
[Reply]
Shields68 09:35 AM 10-26-2021
We might need a LT as well as it's not looking too promising for Brown at the moment.
Big question is whether Brown would agree to a position change...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:41 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yup. Load up on pass rushers.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:41 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Big question is whether Brown would agree to a position change...
Highly doubt it. He is obsessed with being a LT and had he been content playing RT he would have stayed in Baltimore. If KC tried to convince him to stay as a RT, he must likely walks and goes to a team willing to play him at that position. I really think he could be a perennial pro bowler at RT for us, just don't think we will ever find out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 AM 10-26-2021
Brown will be fine if Pat steps up in the pocket and quits drifting.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:47 AM 10-26-2021
Highly doubt it. He is obsessed with being a LT and had he been content playing RT he would have stayed in Baltimore. If KC tried to convince him to stay as a RT, he must likely walks and goes to a team willing to play him at that position. I really think he could be a perennial pro bowler at RT for us, just don't think we will ever find out.
That is my take and we lost a valuable day 1 pick for a worthless year.
[Reply]
notorious 09:57 AM 10-26-2021
I don't judge how well a person does their job by how the act during the good times, I judge them by how the handle the bad times.

The next year will be how I judge Veach. He's finally dealing with adversity instead of a perfect scenario.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:57 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
That is my take and we lost a valuable day 1 pick for a worthless year.
Except we really didn't. What were our options really?

1. Williams chose to go back to SF.

2. We could have sat on pick #31 and hoped a good LT fell to us, or we could have traded up, but considering how teams knew we needed a LT, it would have been expensive on a non QB that's not a sure thing.

3. We could have stayed with Fisher and hoped for the best in his recovery.

4. Traded for Brown and see what he is capable of while getting a 2nd round pick back which turned into Bolton (who has been very promising so far).

So the pick wasn't "wasted". Unfortunately Brown is not playing up to what we were hoping for so far.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:13 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Brown will be fine if Pat steps up in the pocket and quits drifting.
But will Brown be Top 5 LT money fine? That's what he is going to want.
[Reply]
notorious 10:16 AM 10-26-2021
But will Brown be Top 5 LT money fine? That's what he is going to want.
His options if that's the case:

1. Get fucked

2. Play like a Top 5 LT

The ball is in his court.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:23 AM 10-26-2021
Except we really didn't. What were our options really?

1. Williams chose to go back to SF.

2. We could have sat on pick #31 and hoped a good LT fell to us, or we could have traded up, but considering how teams knew we needed a LT, it would have been expensive on a no QB that's not a sure thing.

3. We could have stayed with Fisher and hoped for the best in his recovery.

4. Traded for Brown and see what he is capable of while getting a 2nd round pick back which turned into Bolton (who has been very promising so far).

So the pick wasn't "wasted". Unfortunately Brown is not playing up to what we were hoping for so far.
If he is not the long term answer to Lt and we do not sign him long term, I think it is wasted. One year rental is not worth a 1st rounder, third rounder and 4th for second.

I think there are a number of ways we could go. I am not sure that given our lack of desire to play power football that Brown is a fit for either tackle position. We very may be better off moving Thuney to tackle. I think he would do a whole lot better at pass protection. Finding a guard should be a lot easier.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 112
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up