ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 70
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Sorter 09:54 PM 12-27-2016
Saw it today.

Eh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Gary Whitta, the original screenwriter, and Gareth Edwards didn't think that Disney would go for and ending in which everyone died, so they wrote it as Jyn and Cassian surviving.

Once Iger and Horn saw the first cut, they gave them Carte Blanche to make the film that they wanted to make.
i understand Disney micro managing their Billion$ purchase but surely they know creative people, truly crestive people can't do their best work when focus groups and marketing are deciding the creative direction.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 PM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
i understand Disney micro managing their Billion$ purchase but surely they know creative people, truly crestive people can't do their best work when focus groups and marketing are deciding the creative direction.
I can't vouch for the awesomeness (or lack there of) of the original screenplay and edit.

But I can vouch for the fact that everyone, regardless of their title, has a say, relevant or not, just to justify their job title.

It wasn't focus groups or anything of the like.

It was Bob Iger and Alan Horn.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:06 AM 12-28-2016
I watched A New Hope last night in memory of my first love, Princess Leia, for the first time since seeing R1, and I can't believe how much it changed the mood of the whole film, particularly the opening act. Vader's lines carry a lot more weight on Leia's ship in the opening.

That bit about Disney stepping out of the way really gives me hope that this excellence won't be a one time thing. I don't care how many people have a say, as long as the end goal is to produce a great Star Wars film.

Dane, I know we disagree on some things, but I do appreciate the insight you bring to the hollywood discussions.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:24 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Saw it today.

Eh.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:32 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-) :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:14 AM 12-29-2016
I can't vouch for the awesomeness (or lack there of) of the original screenplay and edit.

But I can vouch for the fact that everyone, regardless of their title, has a say, relevant or not, just to justify their job title.

It wasn't focus groups or anything of the like.

It was Bob Iger and Alan Horn.
Good to hear. Disney has had two cracks at Star Wars now and hit a home run twice. Both of these were 10X better than any of the George Lucas controlled sequels of the originals.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:53 PM 12-29-2016
Dane, did Edwards direct most of the movie or was it an even split with Gilroy? Do you know much about the reshoots?

Whatever the case, it most likely helped the movie.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:01 PM 12-29-2016
Ben Mendelsohn on Shooting “Enormously Different” Versions of ‘Rogue One’

http://collider.com/ben-mendelsohn-r...ars-interview/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:07 PM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Ben Mendelsohn on Shooting “Enormously Different” Versions of ‘Rogue One’

http://collider.com/ben-mendelsohn-r...ars-interview/
This article reinforces what I was told on Christmas Eve.

Of course, it helps since it was directly from the same horse's mouth.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Dane, did Edwards direct most of the movie or was it an even split with Gilroy? Do you know much about the reshoots?

Whatever the case, it most likely helped the movie.
From my understanding, Edwards shot 75% of the film that was released. He and Tony Gilroy are close, so there really weren't any issues or arguments. Gilroy also received a writing credit since several key aspects of the film changed.

The main reason why Gilroy was hired, instead of having Edwards do the reshoots, is because of the changes and the more than doubled VFX budget after the initial screening for the Disney brass. There wouldn't have been enough time to hit the December 16th release date otherwise.

Edwards oversaw all of the VFX as well as the ADR while Gilroy was conducting the reshoots. The fast that Edwards trusted Gilroy made for a seamless collaboration, which I think is seen onscreen.

The only "mistake" for lack of a better word, was hiring Abrams pal Giacchino to score the film after Desplat dropped out due the contract. I can think of many better alternatives and the score, IMO, was the weakest part of the film.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:22 PM 12-29-2016

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:32 PM 12-29-2016

Good link. Sort of explains why there are scenes in the trailers that aren't in the movie and different variations of scenes
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:37 PM 12-29-2016
From my understanding, Edwards shot 75% of the film that was released. He and Tony Gilroy are close, so there really weren't any issues or arguments. Gilroy also received a writing credit since several key aspects of the film changed.

The main reason why Gilroy was hired, instead of having Edwards do the reshoots, is because of the changes and the more than doubled VFX budget after the initial screening for the Disney brass. There wouldn't have been enough time to hit the December 16th release date otherwise.

Edwards oversaw all of the VFX as well as the ADR while Gilroy was conducting the reshoots. The fast that Edwards trusted Gilroy made for a seamless collaboration, which I think is seen onscreen.

The only "mistake" for lack of a better word, was hiring Abrams pal Giacchino to score the film after Desplat dropped out due the contract. I can think of many better alternatives and the score, IMO, was the weakest part of the film.

Yea I normally like Giacchino, but there we're parts of that score that sounded a lot like 'Lost' the tv series
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:40 PM 12-29-2016
I've always been a Giacchino fan. And I thought the score was really strong. But I totally understand why people didn't feel/like it. There's just something about his work that always works on me. Not sure what it is. But whatever.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 70
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up