ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 58
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:34 PM 05-16-2024
Apparently Kreider didn't like my post.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:46 PM 05-16-2024
Crazy 3rd period. I love the playoffs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:09 PM 05-17-2024
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-keefe-firing

Originally Posted by :
Craig Berube Hired as Maple Leafs HC After Sheldon Keefe Firing
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 07:13 PM 05-17-2024
That can't be a major

Good to see the NHL refs are at least a little better than the typical NFL ref.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:14 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-keefe-firing

Leafs are going to be a lot tougher out next season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:41 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Leafs are going to be a lot tougher out next season.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Do the players buy into a tougher brand of hockey, what happens if Matthews isn't on pace for 60 goals a few months into the season, how much say will he have this offseason.

The Blues were built better for the playoffs, but with several teams in the east getting older and taking a step back, they might have a window of opportunity if they dump Marner and then get Tavares' terrible contract off the books; make some moves to look more like a playoff team.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:47 PM 05-17-2024
That was rolling on edge????

Holy shit. Playoff hockey rules
[Reply]
DaFace 07:48 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That was rolling on edge????

Holy shit. Playoff hockey rules
I feel bad for that goalie. That just snuck through a tiny little spot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:48 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Do the players buy into a tougher brand of hockey, what happens if Matthews isn't on pace for 60 goals a few months into the season, how much say will he have this offseason.

The Blues were built better for the playoffs, but with several teams in the east getting older and taking a step back, they might have a window of opportunity if they dump Marner and then get Tavares' terrible contract off the books; make some moves to look more like a playoff team.

Yeah, I have no idea what the Leafs situation might be with contracts, etc. I was just thinking that Berube is going to bring a hard-nosed, gritty, uber-physical defensive style to the Leafs, all of which they desperately need to install if they want to actually go deep into the playoffs. If Mathews doesn't buy in, well, the Leafs won't be competitive in May/June. Again.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:53 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I have no idea what the Leafs situation might be with contracts, etc. I was just thinking that Berube is going to bring a hard-nosed, gritty, uber-physical defensive style to the Leafs, all of which they desperately need to install if they want to actually go deep into the playoffs. If Mathews doesn't buy in, well, the Leafs won't be competitive in May/June. Again.
Yep, it's exactly what that franchise needs right now... no more player's coach saying shit like "I don't see any lack of effort" after nights with an embarrassing level of effort.

They've just tried to acquire toughness in total goons like Reeves, but sorry guys, Mr. Healthy Scratch doesn't turn you into a playoff team.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:54 PM 05-17-2024
HELL YES. SCREW YOU, MARCHAND. AGAIN.

Lol, I just love watching MArchand lose.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:56 PM 05-17-2024
The nice thing about the Panthers closing this out is it would have been Bruins/Panthers followed by Avalanche/Stars Sunday if this next game goes 7... and now they (hopefully) won't have a 9pm Central start.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:35 PM 05-17-2024
I know the Leafs are hopeless anyway but should I like the Berube hiring?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:40 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I know the Leafs are hopeless anyway but should I like the Berube hiring?
The Leafs are like the Chargers to me. I will assume everything they do will fail until they prove otherwise.
[Reply]
Fish 08:47 PM 05-17-2024
This damn Avs/Stars game is pretty chaotic so far. Could easily be 3-4 goals scored at this point between both teams.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 58
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up