ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 03-24-2024
Tennessee is still the worst team in that division.

I'd be shocked if they aren't picking top 10 again next year.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:51 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
As much as you annoy me, you're right.

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

This is fine. Its not elite but it's not a weakness either. If we lose, its not going to be because of this DB core.
I doubt we'll see any significance in overall defensive production. McDuffie is the better corner anyway. And Watson and Williams are good, ascending players who are experienced and will be entering their third year with the team. They're built just like Sneed. Tall, lanky, fast and physical corners.

The defense will keep on ticking, i dont expect to see much loss.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:51 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
As much as you annoy me, you're right.

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

This is fine. Its not elite but it's not a weakness either. If we lose, its not going to be because of this DB core.
Hopefully Nic Jones comes back full strength because he was VERY impressive in camp...I know, so was Bobby Sippio, but I am very interested to see how the FO views his potential. If they go CB in the first two rnds, he may not get the opportunity he seemed destined for.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:24 AM 03-24-2024
WBF...https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/c...lacement-2024/
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Simmons is the only guy here i think really moves the needle for us. And even then it's not like we need him.

All signs point to that money being used on extensions imo.
I’ve always been a fan but clowney would help with the loss of omehinu
[Reply]
VAChief 11:27 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I think everyone understands that concept, what is debatable is HOW MUCH more value a 2024 pick has. Calling it a 4th rnd pick is hyperbolic...it could only credibly be considered a 4th rnd pick if Tenn makes the playoffs and next year's draft class is once-a-decade weak. Tennessee could just as likely win 5 games (stout conference, Levis could bust), and next year's draft class could be better than average and that 3rd could land quality closer to a 2nd than 4th.
Worst case scenario you have 4 top 100 picks. in the first 3 rounds, unless you use that extra 3rd to move up this year.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:32 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Hopefully Nic Jones comes back full strength because he was VERY impressive in camp...I know, so was Bobby Sippio, but I am very interested to see how the FO views his potential. If they go CB in the first two rnds, he may not get the opportunity he seemed destined for.
I don't think you'll see a high draft pick on a DB, especially a corner. With McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Nic Jones, Nazeeh Johnson, and Boye-Doe, they are set. Probably see a few more 4th and 5th rounders thrown into the mix since that seems to be their sweet spot for finding these guys.
[Reply]
Smed1065 11:33 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
looks to me that it’s the going rate.

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.
Hum a 4th since next year.Guess people ignore that part so far.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:40 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’ve always been a fan but clowney would help with the loss of omehinu
He tied his career record for sacks last season (9.5). Hard to believe he didn't have more than that earlier in his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him added to the rotation. Depends on the price of course. He might be willing to chase a ring.
[Reply]
scho63 11:47 AM 03-24-2024
This thread has every angle, emotion, like or dislike, good or bad, right or wrong opinion all wrapped up in one long series of posts.

Quite interesting........
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:05 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Calling a pick that is going to be a top 80 pick and likely top 75 a 4th rd value is so bizarre.

The 4th rd usually starts at pick 101. That’s at least a 20 pick difference so almost a full rd.

Goes to show that people don’t value draft picks until April when they are actually used.
The standard formula is you knock a draft pick's value down one round for every year in the future. So a 2025 3rd is valued like a 2024 4th.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:24 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The standard formula is you knock a draft pick's value down one round for every year in the future. So a 2025 3rd is valued like a 2024 4th.
as I said, yes, this is conventionally how it's regarded.

IF, however, you are Brett Veach, and you already have a championship roster at the end of March, and you don't HAVE to make huge moves and can afford to be patient, then it will indeed be an early 3rd round pick.

Traditionally, the reasoning for discounting a round per year is based on the urgency to win NOW for most franchises.

We're at the top of the mountain. It's a little different. We're going to need that pick next year, and will be glad to have it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:47 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
This thread has every angle, emotion, like or dislike, good or bad, right or wrong opinion all wrapped up in one long series of posts.

Quite interesting........
Some are just spinning it with Homer goggles
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 03-24-2024
Keep cooking Dave Merritt

Exclusive: The #Chiefs felt comfortable trading CB L'Jarius Sneed because they already have the perfect replacement on the roster. He was tracking to start on defense at corner opposite Sneed and Trent McDuffie in 2023 before a season-ending injury in training camp.

🔗⬇️ pic.twitter.com/c6rPcElDZE

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:12 PM 03-24-2024
I really hope Nazeeh can bounce back fast since his ACL injury will be a full year removed.

He has the traits to be a starter.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up