ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 163
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
In58men 02:50 PM 04-24-2019
The DA was explicit that he wouldn't discuss whether others were in the home or around the kid. If there was family around or staying at the neighbors or whatever, that widens the pool of potentials considerably and makes "beyond a reasonable doubt" pretty much impossible

Per Seth Keysor
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:50 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
CAN WE UPDATE THE THREAD TITLE?!?!?

Just take out the press conference time and put (UPDATE: HE GOOD)
We did it gang!! Tyreek is in the clear! Want to thank everyone who contributed along the way! In8men played a huge part along with BleedingRed and Pugsnotdrugs with his logical takes behind this. Super Bowl!! #Chiefskingdom
[Reply]
FAX 02:50 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Two things:
1. I know you still think it was Tyreek's mom's hairdresser's uncle's mechanic who did it. Or was it Crystal's dad's barber's accountant's dogwalker? Your theories were always so vivid and colorful, FAX The Detective. You seem much more clued in than the DA.
2. There's a material difference between having an opinion on how something went down and convicting someone in a court of law. I am merely opining on the former.
1. No. But even if I did believe it was the mechanic, I reserve the right to speculate while allowing others to do the same. Meanwhile, I sense a disturbing double standard at work. As for being an aspiring DA, I read a bunch of Martha Grimes ... so there.

2. I'm all for having opinions. For example, I have the opinion that Presumption of Innocence separates us from the animals and the Rule Of Law isn't just a trope. That's as easy to understand as I can make it.

Lastly ...

If it's proven that Tyreek hurt his child, you would never see me defending the bastard. I don't operate like that. However, given all the family drama at work in this situation, it's perfectly reasonable to consider the possibility that things may not be as "cut and dried" as you apparently prefer to believe.

To be clear, I don't fault you for having a personal perspective. In fact, I encourage stuff like that. I just wouldn't want you in a jury box judging me ... if it ever down came to it. Depending on the court, the defendant gets a few vetos during the selection process. No offense, but I think I'd use one of mine for you. Look on the bright side though; no dollar-a-day jury duty.

FAX
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:51 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So any person can make a random allegation and the NFL is obligated to suspend the player? That's how it works even with no evidence?
You really think they have no evidence?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:51 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Woof. Florio telling Pryor to hold his beer.
Florio's been a nauseating little sawed-off SJW for quite some time.
[Reply]
Icon 02:52 PM 04-24-2019
I'm trying to think of other NFL precedents.

Wasn't Adrian Peterson suspended for overly disciplining his son? Or was it something else?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:52 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Icon:
I'm trying to think of other NFL precedents.

Wasn't Adrian Peterson suspended for overly disciplining his son? Or was it something else?
Yep there was evidence tho
[Reply]
In58men 02:52 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We did it gang!! Tyreek is in the clear! Want to thank everyone who contributed along the way! In8men played a huge part along with BleedingRed and Pugsnotdrugs with his logical takes behind this. Super Bowl!! #Chiefskingdom
We’re all family here!!!!!

We good and he good!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:53 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:
Did I miss the part where Hill was charged with a crime? Not being charged is a clean bill of health. The DA can literally say anything because no one will ever see whatever evidence there is.
Being charged with a crime has zero bearing on the NFL process.

Not being charged is not a clean bill of health, not in civil court and not in the NFL.

Or did you completely ignore the part about the ongoing CPS investigation?
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:53 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
1. No. But even if I did believe it was the mechanic, I reserve the right to speculate while allowing others to do the same. Meanwhile, I sense a disturbing double standard at work. As for being an aspiring DA, I read a bunch of Martha Grimes ... so there.

2. I'm all for having opinions. For example, I have the opinion that Presumption of Innocence separates us from the animals and the Rule Of Law isn't just a trope. That's as easy to understand as I can make it.

Lastly ...

If it's proven that Tyreek hurt his child, you would never see me defending the bastard. I don't operate like that. However, given all the family drama at work in this situation, it's perfectly reasonable to consider the possibility that things may not be as "cut and dried" as you apparently prefer to believe.

To be clear, I don't fault you for having a personal perspective. In fact, I encourage stuff like that. I just wouldn't want you in a jury box judging me ... if it ever down came to it. Depending on the court, the defendant gets a few vetos during the selection process. No offense, but I think I'd use one of mine for you. Look on the bright side though; no dollar-a-day jury duty.

FAX
If it turns out that Tyreek did not abuse his son and is only protecting someone that did, would you condone that?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:53 PM 04-24-2019
man....this has been a lot to take in, and it's stressing me out.
I need to swing by Smoke N Fire to take my mind off of things.
[Reply]
FAX 02:53 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm simplifying it for the sake of discussion but you know how the NFL works.

The kids' broken arm is plenty enough evidence for the NFL to investigate. And Hill's apparent willingness to invoke to avoid charges could, in and of itself, be grounds for a suspension.

Kind of like the DOT taking your license if you refuse a field sobriety test.
LOL ... I was 100% with you until that sentence.

Conflating the Department of Transportation and the National Football League has my head a-spinning.

FAX
[Reply]
Bowser 02:54 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
"if this happened and was caught on tape, he's be prosecuted".

riveting take by Kietzman
Well you don't fucking say, Kevin. Lol

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
He's not melting down. He sounds gleeful.

He loves this shit. Remember the locker room drug ring?
Oh hell yes I remember all of that. I do believe he said it would "shake the NFL to its foundations", or something along that line.

He's probably just happy his ratings are soaring for the day as people tune in to find out what was said about Tyreek.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:54 PM 04-24-2019
Did the DA specify the injury this was about?

Because what I’ve heard is about injurIES far more egregious than a simple broken arm. Injuries that make what AD did to his son look like kids play.
[Reply]
srvy 02:55 PM 04-24-2019
I would be willing to bet we all have had co workers that were under investigation for nearly the same thing and we never even knew it. The employer could but but no charges they better look for other reasons to get rid of them.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 163
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up