ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 478 of 791
« First < 378428468474475476477478 479480481482488528578 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:57 PM 03-13-2019
How about Darby AND Waynes on 1-year deals? See who maybe can earn an extension and set your CB position before the draft.

Unlikely because I think they love Ward but just thinking out loud.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:58 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:
The Patriots have been doing due diligence on former Raiders TE Jared Cook.
That would be a good signing for them and would piss me off. We have zero depth at tight end now, we could use someone like him.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 03-13-2019
I feel like if you want a CB Minnesota is where to look for a trade....or you roll with Darby and hope it works.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:58 PM 03-13-2019
:-) AB late to his introductory press conference.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:58 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ramsey is not getting traded. No rumors of him even being on the block
...which is what I'm talking about, a Veatch move out of nowhere.

The Jags would move him if they right deal came to them, no doubt in my mind.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:59 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) AB late to his introductory press conference.
I can’t wait to see them implode
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He feels like a good fit for what Spagnuolo and Veach have been preaching. Tall and long.

Maybe this is an ideal scheme for him, better be if they trade for him. I’m not sure there are many better options actually available for trade.
There's the rub.

We just don't know exactly what Spagnuolo is looking for.

And I'm gonna go back to what I said when we hired the guy - there's little in his track record that says we should view Spags as some kind of defensive genius, fellas. He has a LOT of shit on his resume. I'm not too certain I'm real gung-ho about "In Spags We Trust" here.

When I see a guy who's been pretty mediocre his entire NFL career and I have a DC who's put forward more clunkers over the last decade that merely decent defenses, I'm not sure how excited I am to just say "oh that's alright, he'll fix Waynes" and then throw cash/capital at him.

To my eyes, Spags needs talent just as much as any DC. He's not a guy who looks like he's gonna make chicken salad from chicken shit, be that an entire unit or an individual player. I can't really point to any instances of him doing so.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:00 PM 03-13-2019
Why is it taking so long for the Honey Badger's signing to become official?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think something big is coming guys. We opened up a shit load of cap space this week
Honestly, it would be pretty inexplicable if we just signed a bunch of other Damien Wilsons in FA at this point. How do you go so bold with Ford/Houston/Berry and then act otherwise? There must be some plan here to really retool things and we're in like the third inning of it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:03 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's the rub.

And I'm gonna go back to what I said when we hired the guy - there's little in his track record that says we should view Spags as some kind of defensive genius, fellas. He has a LOT of shit on his resume. I'm not too certain I'm real gung-ho about "In Spags We Trust" here.

When I see a guy who's been pretty mediocre his entire NFL career and I have a DC who's put forward more clunkers over the last decade that merely decent defenses, I'm not sure how excited I am to just say "oh that's alright, he'll fix Waynes" and then throw cash/capital at him.

To my eyes, Spags needs talent just as much as any DC. He's not a guy who looks like he's gonna make chicken salad from chicken shit, be that an entire unit or an individual player. I can't really point to any instances of him doing so.
Yup.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's the rub.

Well he did do really well with Corey Webster during his Giants run and well Waynes is a similar to him.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:04 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Honestly, it would be pretty inexplicable if we just signed a bunch of other Damien Wilsons in FA at this point. How do you go so bold with Ford/Houston/Berry and then act otherwise? There must be some plan here to really retool things and we're in like the third inning of it.
What if it is just to get some good starters and then try to find some homeruns in the draft?

Like that could honestly workout well.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:04 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:
The Patriots have been doing due diligence on former Raiders TE Jared Cook.
I called this days ago. Gronk can't play many games running and Brady can't throw the ball more that 15 yards. Dink and dunk is all they now besides run.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:05 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well he did do really well with Corey Webster during his Giants run and well Waynes is a similar to him.
His resume is all over the place. It's difficult to nail down what Spags is exactly.

Doesn't strike me as a coach who makes chicken salad out of chicken shit.

DJ laid it out. I've said it before as well.

Simply having faith in Spags just because he's not Sutton seems foolish.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:05 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm hoping they aren't just extending hill and Jones
[Reply]
Page 478 of 791
« First < 378428468474475476477478 479480481482488528578 > Last »
Up