ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 477 of 791
« First < 377427467473474475476477 478479480481487527577 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Wonder if they’d take a 3 for Waynes.
Not impossible.

They have some cap concerns of their own and Waynes is on the final year of his deal. Moreover, there are real "is he actually any good" concerns with him.

Prior to last season, he looked like he may just be a flat out bust. Even last year he was merely solid but hardly spectacular. His value may be nothing beyond his 5th year option price; he's due $9 million next season.

For a guy with a 4 year track record of being somewhere between solid and unemployed but/for his draft status, that's not an insignificant sum.

I don't think they'll be able to get a 2 for him. The only question is whether or not someone ponies up with a higher 3.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:51 PM 03-13-2019
Why the hell has the Mathieu deal not been finalized!! No numbers out. The Chiefs havnt said anything
[Reply]
RunKC 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
I think something big is coming guys. We opened up a shit load of cap space this week
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:53 PM 03-13-2019

Source tells me former Falcon CB Brian Poole is flying out to visit the #Jets

— Tiffany Blackmon (@tiffblackmon) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think something big is coming guys. We opened up a shit load of cap space this week
There needs to be something big... trade for Jalen Ramsey-type big.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not impossible.

They have some cap concerns of their own and Waynes is on the final year of his deal. Moreover, there are real "is he actually any good" concerns with him.

Prior to last season, he looked like he may just be a flat out bust. Even last year he was merely solid but hardly spectacular. His value may be nothing beyond his 5th year option price; he's due $9 million next season.

For a guy with a 4 year track record of being somewhere between solid and unemployed but/for his draft status, that's not an insignificant sum.

I don't think they'll be able to get a 2 for him. The only question is whether or not someone ponies up with a higher 3.
I think he looked pretty good when he was playing as the 1 while Rhodes was out.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:53 PM 03-13-2019

The #Chargers re-signed veteran DT Brandon Mebane, a great locker room guy back with the team thats stuck by him.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
thabear04 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
The Patriots have been doing due diligence on former Raiders TE Jared Cook.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ramsey...I'm more than likely wrong but something like that just feels like it's gonna happen. Veatch outta nowhere.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:
The Patriots have been doing due diligence on former Raiders TE Jared Cook.
Of fucking course they have
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's actually a pretty solid CB, it depends what he wants, if he wants like 90 million dollars uh no...if you can sign him for like 5-70 I'd be interested.
I'd give that contract to Fuller well before I'd give it to Waynes.

And I suspect you can get Darby for 2/3 of that. When healthy, Darby is definitely a better player.

So if I could give $14 million/season to Waynes with reasonable confidence that he'd be healthy and solid on his better days or $10 million(ish) to Darby with less confidence that he'd be healthy but pretty certain he's much better when he is, I'd go with the latter.

Especially when you consider the draft compensation to acquire Waynes.

Before I pulled the trigger on Waynes, I'd take my stab at Darby. And I'd definitely make a hard run at getting Fuller extended. The only reason I'd prefer Waynes is if Spags prefers the more physical CB and thinks he can get more out of Waynes than he's demonstrated to this point in his career.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:55 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ramsey...I'm more than likely wrong but something like that just feels like it's gonna happen. Veatch outta nowhere.
Ramsey is not getting traded. No rumors of him even being on the block
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:55 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not impossible.

He feels like a good fit for what Spagnuolo and Veach have been preaching. Tall and long.

Maybe this is an ideal scheme for him, better be if they trade for him. I’m not sure there are many better options actually available for trade.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:56 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ramsey is not getting traded. No rumors of him even being on the block
There were earlier in the offseason.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:57 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There were earlier in the offseason.
Was that before or after Foles?
[Reply]
Page 477 of 791