ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 476 of 791
« First < 376426466472473474475476 477478479480486526576 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
kgrund 02:44 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
its quickly becoming apparent the fan base thought this team was a new DC and few players away and that's not how Veach views it.
I actually think the expectation does not drop one bit. I just think that Veach thinks with Mahomes, it is possible to cut Houston, Berry, and trade Ford and still be in the mix. They are no longer THAT critical in the overall success. Mahomes gives us a margin of error in overall personnel that we never experienced before. Franchise QBs cover for other deficiencies on your roster. You have to look no further then how far Mahomes took our garbage D this year.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:44 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Because of Mahomes and the offense. Not, I repeat not the defense.
Of course, but it's completely possible that a new DC and a few tweaks to the Defense would be all this team needed to get over the hump.

Veach is betting big that gutting our defense and completely starting over is the way to go. I sure hope he's right.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:44 PM 03-13-2019
Wonder if they’d take a 3 for Waynes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:44 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I mean we were literally a few inches from going to the Super Bowl. How the hell would that not be the case?

I sure hope Veach knows what he's doing.
That defense got brutalized by a 42 year old QB, Gronk & Rex Burkhead.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:45 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Omg guys!!

Odds are they have to move on from a CB, they have a bunch of money in that position...Rhodes and Waynes are paid a lot...Hughes was just taken in the 1st and then Alexander was a 2...that's a lot of depth and money.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:46 PM 03-13-2019
its quickly becoming apparent the fan base thought this team was a new DC and few players away and that's not how Veach views it.
Bruh Houston, Ford and Berry were garbage against the Patriots and we still should have won if not for Ford’s dumbass.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:46 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I actually think the expectation does not drop one bit. I just think that Veach thinks with Mahomes, it is possible to cut Houston, Berry, and trade Ford and still be in the mix. They are no longer THAT critical in the overall success. Mahomes gives us a margin of error in overall personnel that we never experienced before. Franchise QBs cover for other deficiencies on your roster. You have to look no further then how far Mahomes took our garbage D this year.
Yeah i've heard this like for about a decade now with Aaron Rodgers. Veach has to hit on the draft that's the bottom line.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:46 PM 03-13-2019
Problem with Waynes is you may have to extend him beyond this year. Don’t know if I wanna.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes being on a rookie contract vs. Mahomes being on a $200 million contract changes that window.
Yes that’s my point.

If you go all in and don’t win, you just make it all the more difficult to win after you pay him.

Mahomes isn’t like most QB’s that get paid. He’s good enough to win multiple SB’s after getting paid if we are smart.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:47 PM 03-13-2019
I'm simply speaking from the perspective of a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 50 years and is about to be hamstrung by the contract of their franchise quarterback.

I'll always go along with what the front office decides, but patience is becoming increasingly hard to muster up. This franchise needs to get over the hump.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:47 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Problem with Waynes is you may have to extend him beyond this year. Don’t know if I wanna.
He's actually a pretty solid CB, it depends what he wants, if he wants like 90 million dollars uh no...if you can sign him for like 5-70 I'd be interested.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:48 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm simply speaking from the perspective of a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 50 years and is about to be hamstrung by the contract of their franchise quarterback.

I'll always go along with what the front office decides, but patience is becoming increasingly hard to muster up. This franchise needs to get over the hump.
This team has never done shit like this....it's a new day seeing them move away from so many name players that were here so long.
[Reply]
thabear04 02:48 PM 03-13-2019
Former Chargers WR Tyrell Williams is expected to sign with the Raiders.
[Reply]
kgrund 02:49 PM 03-13-2019
Yeah i've heard this like for about a decade now with Aaron Rodgers. Veach has to hit on the draft that's the bottom line.
And how many times over those past 10 years, until just recently, has Green Bay been in the mix with the average NFL roster minus Rodgers?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by kgrund:
And how many times over those past 10 years, until just recently, has Green Bay been in the mix with the average NFL roster minus Rodgers?
Rodgers was so good he was saving his shitty coaches job when he should have been fired years ago.
[Reply]
Page 476 of 791
« First < 376426466472473474475476 477478479480486526576 > Last »
Up