ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4710 of 4906
« First < 3710421046104660470047064707470847094710 4711471247134714472047604810 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:07 PM 02-12-2024
Knowmo, get in here and congratulate us on our dynasty!
[Reply]
Jet Chip Wasp 12:09 PM 02-12-2024
Donkey fans must be sick to their stomachs.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
They're similar in what they mean to the fan base for sure. The Broncos were hopeless before Elway similar to the Chiefs' playoff futility before Mahomes. Mahomes numbers are way better, but Elway had to play before FA in the era of the 49ers and Cowboys dynasties, and before the rule changes favoring offenses.
:-)

This reminds me of when you tried to use stats to show how Mahomes and Wilson were "similar".
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Jet Chip Wasp:
Donkey fans must be sick to their stomachs.
Go on over to the Broncos subreddit for some tasty tears!
[Reply]
New World Order 12:11 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Ha! I don't know about all that, but congrats on the win and B2B Super Bowls.
Mahomes has the same amount of rings as Elway and Manning combined in donk uniforms and he’s done it in only 6 years

There will be more
[Reply]
tredadda 12:12 PM 02-12-2024
They're similar in what they mean to the fan base for sure. The Broncos were hopeless before Elway similar to the Chiefs' playoff futility before Mahomes. Mahomes numbers are way better, but Elway had to play before FA in the era of the 49ers and Cowboys dynasties, and before the rule changes favoring offenses.
Which doesn’t really help Elway’s case at all because they could have easily benefited from the lack of FA. Mahomes doesn’t get that luxury. His WRs this year were awful. Plus the rules did change to benefit offenses, but every team has the same advantage, so that doesn’t work either.

The best way to look at it is in how they performed in comparison to their peers. Mahomes is clearly better than every one of his peers and unless you hate on him, it’s essentially undisputed at this point.

He has six AFCCG appearances (five in a row at home) while playing in the significantly more difficult AFC which has the lion’s share of the best young QBs in the game. He has been to four of five SBs, winning three of them. He has two league MVPs and three SB MVPs all while beating every top 10 QB in the league in a game that matters outside of Dak (no playoff games) and Stroud (a rookie). He’s at his best against the best. Elway can’t say that.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:13 PM 02-12-2024
Exactly what I was thinking

Originally Posted by tredadda:
Which doesn’t really help Elway’s case at all because they could have easily benefited from the lack of FA. Mahomes doesn’t get that luxury. His WRs this year were awful. Plus the rules did change to benefit offenses, but every team has the same advantage, so that doesn’t work either.

The best way to look at it is in how they performed in comparison to their peers. Mahomes is clearly better than every one of his peers and unless you hate on him, it’s essentially undisputed at this point.

He has six AFCCG appearances (five in a row at home) while playing in the significantly more difficult AFC which has the lion’s share of the best young QBs in the game. He has been to four of five SBs, winning three of them. He has two league MVPs and three SB MVPs all while beating every top 10 QB in the league in a game that matters outside of Dak (no playoff games) and Stroud (a rookie). He’s at his best against the best. Elway can’t say that.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:28 PM 02-12-2024
I just wish that Elway had a coach like Shanahan running the show for more than the final four years of his career.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:46 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I just wish that Elway had a coach like Shanahan running the show for more than the final four years of his career.
Yep, Reid and Mahomes is a killer combo and will have the Chiefs in position to compete for the Lombardi every year they're together.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:51 PM 02-12-2024

Your first paragraph makes no sense. How could they have "easily benefitted" from the lack of FA and salary cap? Bowlen didn't have the deep pockets of the dynasties at the time.

I'm not arguing that Elway was better, just that they mean very similar things to their fanbases.
[Reply]
notorious 12:54 PM 02-12-2024
Considering Denver got fined for breaking the salary cap rule........
[Reply]
tredadda 12:56 PM 02-12-2024
Your first paragraph makes no sense. How could they have "easily benefitted" from the lack of FA and salary cap? Bowlen didn't have the deep pockets of the dynasties at the time.

I'm not arguing that Elway was better, just that they mean very similar things to their fanbases.
Draft better and retain those players. How many HOF players were on those Broncos teams? Hunt had very deep pockets, but that didn’t equate to success because other teams were better at drafting/retaining players. The Broncos didn’t have to make the business decisions that teams now have to make regarding who they can/can’t retain due to a cap.

Now I do agree with their value to their respective fanbases.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:03 PM 02-12-2024
Draft better and retain those players. How many HOF players were on those Broncos teams? Hunt had very deep pockets, but that didn’t equate to success because other teams were better at drafting/retaining players. The Broncos didn’t have to make the business decisions that teams now have to make regarding who they can/can’t retain due to a cap.

Now I do agree with their value to their respective fanbases.
How many HOF players were on the teams Elway dragged to the SB in the 80s? Not including Elway, one. If you had asked that question a week ago, it would have been zero (Mecklenburg is the only one).
[Reply]
tredadda 01:06 PM 02-12-2024
How many HOF players were on the teams Elway dragged to the SB in the 80s? Not including Elway, one. If you had asked that question a week ago, it would have been zero (Mecklenburg is the only one).
I am no Broncos historian, but didn’t they have Sharpe and Atwater (off the top of my head)?
[Reply]
New World Order 01:07 PM 02-12-2024
Knowmo?
[Reply]
Page 4710 of 4906
« First < 3710421046104660470047064707470847094710 4711471247134714472047604810 > Last »
Up