ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4706 of 4915
« First < 3706420646064656469647024703470447054706 4707470847094710471647564806 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:26 PM 02-01-2024
Wonder if they end up dangling Surtain for a package of picks.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:18 PM 02-01-2024
After watching Bo Nix practice at the Senior Bowl, I sure hope the Donks pin their hopes on that guy. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:37 PM 02-01-2024
Would be so hilarious if they again trade a boatload of picks to get a quarterback, with all those holes all over the roster! How do I wish this into existence??
[Reply]
Holladay 09:37 PM 02-01-2024
I will just agree with everyone. This is entertaining
[Reply]
BossChief 12:51 AM 02-02-2024
Fatality.

Originally Posted by BossChief:
I thought picks couldn’t be traded for coaches anymore

Also, I HOPE they get Payton. Highly overrated and burned out coach that wants personal control…but he was flat out terrible at personnel decisions with NO and it’s easily the reason that team was crap for as long as they were.

Just look at the dead cap money every year he was there.

Same argument I made against Dorsey.
I hope it’s somebody in our division. Sean Payton was a losing coach/GM. If he didn’t have a HOF QB, he wouldn’t be looked at as sone great coach. His personel decisions prevented a HOF QB to not have multiple rings.

I’d be concerned if Harbaugh went to someone in the division, though.
Look at the dead money cap charges every year Payton was in NO and the fact he’s said multiple times he wants player personnel control and every Chiefs fan should be in solidarity hoping that Denver trades a first and more to NO for the rights to sign him.

He only got 1 Super Bowl out of a long career with a first ballot HOF QB.

As a Chiefs fan, outside of them hiring Bienemy (which I think will happen) that’s absolute best case scenario.
What KnowMo doesn’t see that everyone that knows what they’re watching dies, is Denver’s roster is a bottom 3 roster in the league and is getting more expensive snd will need torn down and rebuilt over the next 2-3 years.

Every Chiefs fan should hope and pray Sean Payton is the one to orchestrate that.

I’ll dig up those dead cap numbers soon. I remember it being a talking point when Clark fired Dorsey.
And you’re going to use that (and more) to get Sean Payton
I sincerely hope the Broncos trade for Sean Payton. He’s a good coach, but a horrible personnel/cap manager. That’s one of his requirements is to buy the groceries and cook the dinner…but the only thing keeping him from being a losing coach innNO was a first ballot HOF QB. His signings were atrocious. His team consistently had 20-40 million in dead money.

He had like 3-4 years there where about 25% of his teams salary cap allotment was dead money that was paid to players they ended up cutting and left the team crippled. NO is STILL dealing with the aftermath of that…they have almost 37 million of their salary cap this year inndead money.

Dead money is a direct result of poor FA (internal or external) signings that had to be cut before the pro rated part of their signing bonus came due.

If Sean is the Denver HC, guys like Jewell will be getting 20m aav and cut 2 years later, regularly…and the “Great Value Owner” is no different than Snyder I’m Washington in that he’s clueless to the workings of the sport and thinks he can buy wins…so he will be a perfect mix of Sean wanting to give out big signing bonuses and the owner writing the checks.

And it would take their first and maybe one of their 2 thirds to trade for the right for him to burn them from inside the building.
Lolololol

Not even close.

Even in 2014, 26% of the teams cap space was dead money from 4 bad deals.

Last year, NO had 43m in dead money and this year had almost 30.

That would be exacerbated with an owner that “demands results” and a HC/GM that loves piling up dead money bad decisions. Especially with a lame duck trash QB soaking up tons of resources.
He sounds in that interview like he prefers the Texans.

I’m holding out hope he goes to Denver, though. Payton would kill their cap so bad to try to get the most out of Wilson and would put a bunch of average players on big money contracts “on credit cards” by giving them big cash signing bonuses that will continue to hurt their cap badly when they are finally able to move on from WalRuss in 3 years.

That what he’s always done.

Dan Snyder 2.0 as owner
Coach that likes giving out big contracts to guys he needs to cut in a year or 2, every year.
The fact they will need to use big signing bonuses to lure player to Denver and to help with immediate cap hits because of the limitations Russels contract ensures.
Reduced draft picks means the free agent choices need to all be home runs snd Payton’s history shows the ability to be the polar opposite of that.
Why are you guys posting compensation rumors from a bunch of reporters guessing out their asses when Sean Payton himself said the cost was a mid to late first?

Those are all super bronco homer reporters, too. Looks like them setting up the old “the saints wanted too much -2 firsts- and we weren’t willing to go that high”….when in reality, Sean doesn’t want the job unless the paycheck is absurd.

I’ll say this

If Denver ends up trading a first and their original third for Sean Payton, they will be debating which trade was worse (WalRuss or Payton) 2 years from now ss both moves have big time complete bust potential.

1st 2022 (9th overall)
2nd 2022
5th 2022
1st 2023 (5th overall)
2nd 2023

Shelby Harris
Noah Fant
Drew Lock

For a washed up old quarterback with no passion for the game

Or

1st round pick
Early 3rd round pick

For a coach that 75% of his job is to take 8 years off WalRusses career and get him to play like he’s in his mid 20s again…

Is funny to watch it possibly happen.

It’s going to be fun watching Sean Payton screwing up Denver’s cap so bad they will still be cutting players after he’s fired and WalRuss is gone just to keep cap compliant…while accomplishing nothing while he coaches them.

Too bad SEan is likely going to Houston.
I’m going to tell you how this ends, KnowMo.

Your team will trade its 1st and original 3rd for Sean Payton.

Russel Wilson retires in 3 years after never playing in a single playoff game for Denver snd getting benched after the bye in the third year.

The team will have gone “all-in” on the Russel Wilson experiment and has 30-40m in dead cap owed the next 2 years after that for poor roster discipline. Sean will use the owners $ to lure in guys to keep early cap hits low and will max the cap every year snd in 3 years, all that “funneling salaries” stuff that happened/is STILL HAPPENING in NO will repeat the pattern in Denver.

That’s Denver’s reality.

Dan Snyder 2: electric boogaloo

It’s gonna be glorious to watch while KC wins titles.

Cheers
One team has organizational excellence all the way from owner, to area scouts, to scouting director, to director of player personnel, to GM, to assistant coaches, to position coaches, to coordinators, to head coach, to rookies, to guys fighting for second contract value, to multiple HOF players leading us to huge games and titles.

The other team called in condaleeza rice to help them find a HC, thinks they have a good GM, an owner that has all the money in the world but no working knowledge of the NFL that thinks it’s easy to duplicate what’s being done in KC and has no problem firing people immediately.

Get used to Walmart trying to make their “Great Value Chiefs” and it never working out.

Maaaan….I really hope you guys get Sean Payton.
Jesus. The Houston and Denver situations are DRASTICALLY different.
Denver HOPES to be where Houston is in 2 years.

With a clean slate.

Houston is a low key good spot to take a HC job. Lots of resources to use to build a good young core in a very strong draft and their cap situation is mostly healthy.

Get the right QB and 23-4 more nice pieces and that team could make a run at winning that division next year.

1ST (2nd OVERALL)
1ST (12th OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
2ND (33rd OVERALL)
3RD (65th OVERALL)
3RD (73rd OVERALL - FROM CLEVELAND)
4TH
5TH
6TH
6TH (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
6TH (FROM NEW YORK GIANTS)
6TH (FROM MINNESOTA)

They also have an extra first next year, too.

And 40m on cap space next year without touching any existing contracts.

Exponentially better resources to rebound with than Denver.
Don’t forget drug use, promoting opposing injuries, salary cap idiocy and a propensity to throw bad money at bad money.

I’m as happy as KnowMo.
Imagine being this naive.

I can’t wait for the “WalRuss has dropped 15 pounds and has rededicated himself” posts of false hope to fill Bronco fans heart.

They are like the great value, clearance rack Chiefs.
Here’s what Walmart needs to do.

Give Russel 1 year. That’s it. Major improvement or he’s off the team completely next offseason.

I’d eat the 1 year hit by trading him for literally anything or outright cutting him and taking the whole cap hit at once if I can’t get even a 7th rounder for him. Take the bandaid off.

Then, you’re in place the following year to have a #1 overall pick and you can replace the GM and be able to attract a good GM that Payton can work with that will have a lot of cap space and a ton of valuable draft picks to work with.

It’s a painful 2 years, but it’s the only way to have a chance to compete in 3-5 years.
And if the hurricane never happens, he never wins a single ring.
I love this part of the year. Reading KnowMos posts is gold. Dude legit thinks his team has a chance to win it all EVERY YEAR.

Then the real games start and little soul gets crushed and he disappears.

Denver has a bottom 7 NFL roster and every single one of us hopes Denver wins enough games this year to stay far away from the top of next years draft.

It’s going to be fun watching them squeak out like 7 or maybe 8 wins.

Cheers, kid!
The best thing that could happen to Denver this year is for them to win a max of 3 games.

But they will win 7-8 games and Payton will spend up the bank to overpay average players and keep them there.
KnowMo is probably already understanding the reasons I gave why I wanted Sean to be their coach. Here’s a recap of the plan…

They had to trade for him.
The owners are so incredibly clueless about football (I likened him to Snyder) they wanted to sign the Great Value Andy Reid so they could “hand the keys over” and let them do their thing.
Sean blew it many years with a HOF QB every year *in the conference that didn’t have Brady in it*.
Sean believes you can buy titles. He overpays everyone in FA and will be backed by WalMart $$$. That’s like storing the fireworks with the matches. Sean DESTROYED his teams chance at titles damn near every year with his inability to let anybody else negotiate contracts. His dead cap hits made John Dorsey smile.

Sean Payton is going to be just good enough to get Denver to 7-8 wins next year…and every Chiefs fan will love it. Stuck in perpetuity in the middle of the pack for 3 years while WalRuss eats up the cap.

Then.

Next season….

They have barely any FAs that are young. Bunch of old guys you just know Sean will pay to stay because he knows nobody is coming to Denver unless it’s to be overpaid.

Period.

Watch a guy like Josey Jewell get top of market $$$$ out of nowhere.
KnowMo…I bet you wish your team had signed Eric Bienemy, huh?

Sean Payton is exactly who I told you he was and exactly why I wanted your stupid GVC to trade for him. They are locked into the Russ/Peyton combo for at minimum through next year where I TOLD YOU LAST OFFSEASON Peyton’s biggest problem is his inability to use the cap effectively.

He’s going to push every penny he can into the future to try to field a team he feels he can turn things around with and will DESTROY the teams future cap awhile fighting to get to .500

And he still won’t get there.

Let me remind you of another kick in the nuts you’re going to get…

The team is going to win 5-6 games this year and miss out on any long term QB option.

In short, I hope your favorite other sport team is doing well…Denver is completely fucked for the next 3-5 years minimum
It’s such a fun year. Chiefs fans will be celebrating Denver winning games for the first time in…ever.

I think they might be able to get to 5 or maybe even 6 wins.

Bears
Jets
Packers
Patriots
Split with Raiders

I’m not anywhere near as high on Williams as some here are, but Payton could be a good match for him. I wouldn’t be scared of them whatsoever. Division is owned the next 15 years. But Williams/Payton would be a good pairing.
This is all why I was rooting for them to sign Payton to lead their GV team.

It’s literally going exactly how I said it was going to…even down to the little win streak that knocks them out of the top of the draft.

Now we are entering the part where Payton destroys their cap completely after firing Paton and taking over the GM duties himself.

Watch him sign Taysom Hill.

lol good times

:-)
This offseason is going to be fun to watch.

Especially when we all know what’s going to happen because I’ve already told you.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:27 AM 02-02-2024
Insane cap problems, and this lunatic will still find a way to acquire Taysom Hill and make the cap problems worse
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:35 AM 02-02-2024
Payton will shove a fleur-de-lis right through the Broncos cap. On the brighter side, he will need to bring back Elway. Since the fleur-de-lis is a symbol of The House of Bourbon
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:26 AM 02-02-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'm wondering if Minshew gets a big-ish contract from somebody. He's better than the starters of many teams.
There’s a good chance of that. Baker will get $35-40m a year. Look at Daniel Jones’ contract. Tannehill signed a 4 year $118m deal.

QBs, even the spares make a lot of coin.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:07 PM 02-02-2024
Walmart Boy saw his shadow today.

Looks like 6 more years of bullshit
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:03 AM 02-03-2024
:-)
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Walmart Boy saw his shadow today.

Looks like 6 more years of bullshit

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:23 AM 02-05-2024
Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton has brought several former members of the New Orleans Saints’ coaching staff with him to Denver, as well as numerous ex-Saints players.

That trend will likely continue, and a notable name to watch this offseason will be do-it-all tight end Taysom Hill.

Hill, 33, is 7-2 as a starting quarterback in his career, but the Broncos could primarily use him as a short-yardage and goal-line option, two areas where the team needs improvement going into the 2024 campaign.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:32 AM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It seems impossible for them to do it without making him a 6/1 casualty.

I mean if they cut Wilson (6/1), Bolles, Simmons, Patrick and DJ Jones, that would put them at about $20 million over the cap headed into the off-season. And they'd STILL have a $50 million dead charge in 2025. And that would effectively destroy the 2025 season for them as well.

Now their roster would be so barren in 2025 that they'd have about $100 million in cap space if they did that, but they'd only have 23 guys under contract (and Surtain wouldn't be one of them).

McGlinchey, Sutton, Allen, Powers and a bunch of scrap (Mims, Dulcich and Bonitto probably the best of the rest).

They're completely fucked for 2 and probably 3 seasons.
I think your math is off. Cutting Wilson post 6/1, and cutting Patrick and Bolles puts them under the cap for 2024, according to the calculator on overthecap.

Also, have you heard of contract extensions/renegotiations before?
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:33 AM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If the Broncos are smart they'd try like hell for Baker Mayfield (assuming he isn't tagged). He's by far their best option and would fit Payton's system.
Bucs are currently having Baker weigh in on coaching hire decisions. They aren't letting him go anywhere.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:01 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Bucs are currently having Baker weigh in on coaching hire decisions. They aren't letting him go anywhere.

I guess welcome to Tampa, Freddie Kitchens!!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:27 PM 02-05-2024
You know damn well Taysum will be a Bronco :-)
[Reply]
Page 4706 of 4915
« First < 3706420646064656469647024703470447054706 4707470847094710471647564806 > Last »
Up