ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4704 of 4915
« First < 3704420446044654469447004701470247034704 4705470647074708471447544804 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:20 AM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Knowmo, Hef, Kranz Dickinhim, Garcia, Pile it High Mule Tools?

Thoughts on the playoffs?:-) :-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:23 AM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - you grit your teeth and franchise him if you have to.

But I think the preference would be a nice middle-class QB contract on maybe a 4 year deal with an out at 3.

The Saints will essentially get Carr on a 3 year, $100 million deal. If Baker will sign off on that, Tampa should go ahead and take him up on it.

I imagine Baker’s camp is going to START with the Daniel Jones contract and go up from there. I doubt either party attempts to get him a market-topping deal, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a top 5 salary go his way.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:24 AM 01-31-2024
Minnesota won a few games with Josh Dobbs. That might be a neat solution. Eh, Denver?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:27 AM 01-31-2024
With the Donkos basically having divorced themselves from Russ, for all intents and purposes, they're gonna get a QB in the draft. One that Payton signs off on and approves. They're not getting Caleb, they don't have the draft ammunition for that. But I DO think they will target a couple top QB's AND trade into the Top 10, if needed, to get their guy.

They're gonna do everything they can to try and please Payton and allow him the opportunity to succeed or fail with the QB he wants. That way they don't look like idiots for paying him all that money and hiring him in the first place.
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:48 AM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I read they might chase Bo Nix.

I think it would be perfect-

NEGATIVES

— Oregon did not ask a lot of him as a processor. Ton of screens, RPOs and simple vertical concepts.

— Inconsistent dropback footwork. Too often disrupts his timing when working real dropback passing concepts.

— Below-average ability to find answers within structure when first read is taken away.

— Inconsistent toughness in the pocket. Shows good flashes, but too often falls away from throws.
Outside of Herbert(who is kind of TBD to me) - what Duck QB has been any good? Good College QB's - sure - but pro??

You have to go back to Fouts or Norm Van Brocklin.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:51 AM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Paton is a disaster of a GM. He ain't getting shit done
He's been destructive.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
With the Donkos basically having divorced themselves from Russ, for all intents and purposes, they're gonna get a QB in the draft. One that Payton signs off on and approves. They're not getting Caleb, they don't have the draft ammunition for that. But I DO think they will target a couple top QB's AND trade into the Top 10, if needed, to get their guy.

They're gonna do everything they can to try and please Payton and allow him the opportunity to succeed or fail with the QB he wants. That way they don't look like idiots for paying him all that money and hiring him in the first place.
The problem that you don't seem to understand is that the top 3 QBs are likely going 1-3, and all 3 teams picking in those slots need one.

You can't trade up if nobody is willing to trade down. The Broncos can't force their way into a top 3 pick.
[Reply]
tooge 12:09 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He's like syphillis. He dies off whenever the antibiotic kicks in only to reappear when the he gets screwed again. Then he will be a nuisance that you can't get rid of until the next round of drugs.
FYP
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 12:26 PM 01-31-2024
With Harbough in the division, 3rd place will probably be the Broncos ceiling from now on.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:39 PM 01-31-2024
Congrats on the meaningless win against the Chiefs though, Broncos. ZERO chance to grab one of those stud QBs in the draft.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:49 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The problem that you don't seem to understand is that the top 3 QBs are likely going 1-3, and all 3 teams picking in those slots need one.

You can't trade up if nobody is willing to trade down. The Broncos can't force their way into a top 3 pick.
Yes, I understand they don't have the ammunition to trade into the Top 3 spots.

There are other top QB's in this draft besides the Top 3. Likely another will go in the Top 10. I think it's forecasted that up to 6 could be first round picks. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if there's a position teams will reach for its definitely QB.

Just because they can't get one of the perceived Top 3, doesn't mean they still won't try and get one early.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 PM 01-31-2024
Yes, I understand they don't have the ammunition to trade into the Top 3 spots.

There are other top QB's in this draft besides the Top 3. Likely another will go in the Top 10. I think it's forecasted that up to 6 could be first round picks. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if there's a position teams will reach for its definitely QB.

Just because they can't get one of the perceived Top 3, doesn't mean they still won't try and get one early.
Honestly, I think they could get QB4 at 12. All the talk about them trading up is centered around the top 3, hence why I thought that you were talking about them trading up for one of them.

I'm all for the Broncos trading up to get the 4th best QB in this class though!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:59 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly, I think they could get QB4 at 12. All the talk about them trading up is centered around the top 3, hence why I thought that you were talking about them trading up for one of them.

I'm all for the Broncos trading up to get the 4th best QB in this class though!
Entirely possible.

But I think if they did their research and just got a hard on for Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy (both are projected around 10-15 range) then I could see them jumping up a little into the Top 10 to prevent someone else from getting the one they want.

And I would be absolutely all for that, of course!

I mean, from a QB standpoint, it's probably the right thing to do for the Broncos. I just don't see either of those two ending up as franchise QB's so I welcome any move that depletes them of more draft capital.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:11 PM 01-31-2024
Entirely possible.

But I think if they did their research and just got a hard on for Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy (both are projected around 10-15 range) then I could see them jumping up a little into the Top 10 to prevent someone else from getting the one they want.

And I would be absolutely all for that, of course!

I mean, from a QB standpoint, it's probably the right thing to do for the Broncos. I just don't see either of those two ending up as franchise QB's so I welcome any move that depletes them of more draft capital.
Agreed.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 01-31-2024
If the Broncos are smart they'd try like hell for Baker Mayfield (assuming he isn't tagged). He's by far their best option and would fit Payton's system.
[Reply]
Page 4704 of 4915
« First < 3704420446044654469447004701470247034704 4705470647074708471447544804 > Last »
Up