JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:00 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Gotta be cap compliant by 3/13 at 4 PM EST. Gonna be a busy next few days.

Mahomes restructure, a few cuts for cap space (Omenihu) and very likely a Sneed trade to clear about $20 million.
:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 03:19 AM 03-10-2024
Just give me a solid receiver and I’ll be happy
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:45 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Gotta be cap compliant by 3/13 at 4 PM EST. Gonna be a busy next few days.

Mahomes restructure, a few cuts for cap space (Omenihu) and very likely a Sneed trade to clear about $20 million.
I would rather us sign Sneed to an extension
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:38 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So our DL will still have Jones, Karlaftis, FAU (who we hope shows why he was a first round pick), and eventually Omenihu.

Our LBs will still have Bolton, Tranquil, and Chenal.

Our secondary will still have McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Reid, Cook, and Conner.

All before the start of FA or the draft. Boys, that’s almost certainly a top 10 defense as it is.
We also have Nazeeh Johnson coming off IR. Wasn't he looking really good before his knee injury in training camp?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
And he’s still been solid with dog shit qbs the last few years. Hes better than Mooney no matter how you want to frame it. Hes a vet who knows how to win in this league. Mooneys a reclamation project. You hope Mooney works out and is a Dionte type production type player.
You're getting Mooney, and you'll like it!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 AM 03-10-2024
You guys need to come to grips with what this means-

THIS is the big free agent signing of this offseason. There will be no other big-time signing. There may be a small one or two, but this is the big ticket. So don't get your panties in a bunch when you see other teams signing a bunch of guys. We won't be very active.

Sneed is gone. We're not tying up $50m in two defensive players. Not happening.

I'm okay with it, it's kind of how I thought it would go, and we'll be needing to hit another great draft but it's going to be okay.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:19 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

THIS is the big free agent signing of this offseason. There will be no other big-time signing. There may be a small one or two, but this is the big ticket. So don't get your panties in a bunch when you see other teams signing a bunch of guys. We won't be very active.

I'm okay with it, it's kind of how I thought it would go, and we'll be needing to hit another great draft but it's going to be okay.
Yep. The Sneed trade is going to assure we offset this Jones contract with another youth injection / $20m AAV to spread around.

We can look forward to that next wave where BV and the coaches hopefully find the next Tranquill, Omenihu, etc. while we enter the draft with a nice deep selection of picks.
[Reply]
TRR 07:41 AM 03-10-2024

Need to see the full details of the deal first…
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:43 AM 03-10-2024
Please no to Mooney
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:43 AM 03-10-2024
So we done now?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:45 AM 03-10-2024
You're getting Mooney, and you'll like it!

It’s not the end of the world. I think it was the free drinks and 15 screaming kids in a bounce house that really didn’t like him last night. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:48 AM 03-10-2024

Just give me at least the equivalent of a second round pick for Sneed, a moderate FA WR, and some form of Donovan Smith-type insurance at LT, and I’m good.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:51 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Just give me at least the equivalent of a second round pick for Sneed, a moderate FA WR, and some form of Donovan Smith-type insurance at LT, and I’m good.
I could actually see vartch preferring a 3 and a 4 or something for more shots now that jones is well paid.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:52 AM 03-10-2024
If we grab a first for Sneed it really feels like those first three picks (1st, 1st, 2nd) are going to be tackle, receiver, corner...right?

If what we feel a generational type tackle or receiver falls to #12 or so I could see us package those 1sts to move up. If Alt, Fashanu, Nabers falls go get em!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:33 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If we grab a first for Sneed it really feels like those first three picks (1st, 1st, 2nd) are going to be tackle, receiver, corner...right?

If what we feel a generational type tackle or receiver falls to #12 or so I could see us package those 1sts to move up. If Alt, Fashanu, Nabers falls go get em!
I think it's possible that it could be the Lions #29.

Or it may be a #2 and a #4.

I think something like that.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 365
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up