ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 62
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:25 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Aaron Rodgers did have a legit awful game this season... vs Tampa when he had 160 yards passing, 0 TD’s and 2 INT’s in a blowout loss (the same Tampa team that Mahomes savagely lit up).

Mahomes “worst” game was vs the Dolphins and he still had almost 400 yards passing, 2 TD’s and a win.

Also the Chiefs aren’t winning 11 games with Henne or Moore at QB.

And also... you are an epic dumbshit.
Mahomes puts us over the top. He absolutely does. I think you can actually argue that Reids offensive scheme is so effective that the need for an elite QB is mitigated to some degree compared to many other teams. I guess the best way to phrase it would be is that Patrick Mahomes talent would be a larger variable if he was on a different team. Like he could drag someone like Jacksonville to a playoff spot. I firmly believe that, but the difference in win shares is less on a great coached team like Reid.

That isn't to say that Mahomes isn't valuable. We saw Reid make Smith look like a HOF QB in his best yr but we all knew that team just didn't have it to be able to win a SB (mainly imo because an elite QB value highest isnon 3rd downs)
[Reply]
-King- 01:29 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How many did we win with Alex Smith again?
That makes no sense. If you put prime Alex Smith in Green Bay they'd win 10+ too.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
That makes no sense. If you put prime Alex Smith in Green Bay they'd win 10+ too.
Remember when Smith went like an entire season without throwing a TD pass to a WR? I member
[Reply]
DRM08 01:39 PM 12-24-2020
Mahomes puts us over the top. He absolutely does. I think you can actually argue that Reids offensive scheme is so effective that the need for an elite QB is mitigated to some degree compared to many other teams. I guess the best way to phrase it would be is that Patrick Mahomes talent would be a larger variable if he was on a different team. Like he could drag someone like Jacksonville to a playoff spot. I firmly believe that, but the difference in win shares is less on a great coached team like Reid.

That isn't to say that Mahomes isn't valuable. We saw Reid make Smith look like a HOF QB in his best yr but we all knew that team just didn't have it to be able to win a SB (mainly imo because an elite QB value highest isnon 3rd downs)
3rd down/4th down conversions and performance while trailing. The advanced metrics are off the charts for Mahomes on this kind of situational football. Unfortunately most people are way too lazy to really dig into these areas of the game. Patrick is super special in situations where the odds are stacked against him. 3rd and forever? Trailing by double digits? No problem for him. Major problem for every other QB including the other elite guys.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:43 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
3rd down/4th down conversions and performance while trailing. The advanced metrics are off the charts for Mahomes on this kind of situational football. Unfortunately most people are way too lazy to really dig into these areas of the game. Patrick is super special in situations where the odds are stacked against him. 3rd and forever? Trailing by double digits? No problem for him. Major problem for every other QB including the other elite guys.
Yeah Mahomes is the best QB in history at 3rd and 15. With most QBs it feels like an impossible task. With Mahomes I feel like he will get it more than not which is insane.

If the NFL ever does the 4th and 15 thing instead of kicking off option we may never lose again
[Reply]
-King- 01:47 PM 12-24-2020
Remember when Smith went like an entire season without throwing a TD pass to a WR? I member
What does that have to do with anything? Even in that year we had a winning record. So yeah, put Smith in GB and they'd win 10+ games too.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:53 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
What does that have to do with anything? Even in that year we had a winning record. So yeah, put Smith in GB and they'd win 10+ games too.
I’m curious to see how they do in the playoffs this year. Last year the Niners exposed them as a paper tiger. So far this year, Green Bay has 1 win against a good team all year. It will be interesting to see what happens when they face some tougher competition.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:10 PM 12-24-2020
I doubt that. You seriously aren't accounting for how good Travis Kelce is. Travis Kelce is as good at TE as Mahomes is at being QB.
You think Rodgers could buy himself enough time to get him the ball like Mahomes does?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:38 PM 12-24-2020
I know I and the rest of us on here are homers but still...... They mention Rodgers has inferior WR talent than us, agreed but......I rarely hear these talking heads mention how much worse are O-line is than Rodgers for the majority of the games this year.

And in no way am I attempting to minimize how great Rodgers is, he is fantastic. Just Mahomes is a little better.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:09 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know I and the rest of us on here are homers but still...... They mention Rodgers has inferior WR talent than us, agreed but......I rarely hear these talking heads mention how much worse are O-line is than Rodgers for the majority of the games this year.

And in no way am I attempting to minimize how great Rodgers is, he is fantastic. Just Mahomes is a little better.
It is because Patrick is so young. Gotta take credit away from the young kid until he’s been around long enough that it simply becomes an accepted fact that he’s a great QB no matter how anyone views it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:19 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I was epically jealous of Rodgers and GB in general prior to Mahomes. I’d watch Whatever fuck we’d roll out there flounder around and then watch Rodgers just carve defenses up with 4th round picks. A couple times I was so mad I just shut it off.

Rodgers is fucking good. Mahomes is the best I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
NEOM 08:19 AM 12-25-2020
I’m curious to see how they do in the playoffs this year. Last year the Niners exposed them as a paper tiger. So far this year, Green Bay has 1 win against a good team all year. It will be interesting to see what happens when they face some tougher competition.

That is why I rate Rodgers performance higher due to the fact that the Packers are actually weak..
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:43 AM 12-25-2020
He had lots of practice at those situations while at Texas Tech
[Reply]
DRM08 09:15 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
That is why I rate Rodgers performance higher due to the fact that the Packers are actually weak..
I guess we will find out soon enough.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 AM 12-25-2020
It's just a name on a trophy.

4th quarter in a key playoff game, which qb would you want. Which qb would you want to build your team aroind as a LEADER. on paper the two seasons might match up but mahomes is way way more valuable to his team. Rodgers for all his success is nothing special as a teammate and has a habit of getting blown out in big games. I'll take our guy any day of the week.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 62
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up