ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 140
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
After watching Clarks' 2018 highlights my dick is so hard it could cut glass right now.
Let me take that bad boy for a spin
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
We gave up our 1st for an immediate impact player, who is elite at his position.

We gave up one of our two 2020 2nd round picks we acquired from SF. We still have the higher 2nd rounder.

We also moved up in the 3rd round.

So basically, we gave (1) 2nd round pick and we moved up in the 3rd round.
You could have had Ford and a first for the same price. Even if Ford is only 85 percent of Clark, the first more than makes up for that value.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:17 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Basically we gave up a 2nd rounder.
and a lot of money. But we have the room. It's why you ditched Houston/Berry/Ford.

Cap space is for things like this: Clear, unequivocal upgrade at a premium position who is 25 fucking years old.

We're going to wreck worlds.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:17 PM 04-23-2019
I FEEL LIKE FRANK CLARK RAPED ME AND I LIKED IT!
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:17 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You could have had Ford and a first for the same price. Even if Ford is only 85 percent of Clark, the first more than makes up for that value.
Ford fucking sucks at run defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:17 PM 04-23-2019
he's not 85%. He's 50%. He's a liability against the run. A target.

he's a situational pass rusher in a 4-3. Anything else he's a target.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:18 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dorsey’s first draft was pronounced as a shit draft after the first year he was here. There isn’t enough time to decide that.

The body of work is what we wanted.

We wanted Sutton fired.
We wanted Berry gone.
We wanted Ford gone.
We wanted Houston gone.
We wanted a good coaching staff on defense.
We wanted responsible proactive contract deals.
We wanted real tangible upgrades.

Idk what you want? Veach has done all of that, be it with Andy. This team got top level talents at DE and safety and STILL has 3 picks in the top 85 to make moves.

I’m starting to adapt htismaqe’s philosophy after last season. I get that we need to be long term, which this weekend will be all about, but I am sick and tired of failure.

50 years dude. FIFTY YEARS. I want us to go all in while we can. Doesn’t mean we aren’t preparing for the future too.

Buckle up and enjoy 2019. This will be the best season of your life.
My concern is that we're not getting what we're giving and that we may or may not have a GM that can even draft, run a board, engineer a smart trade.

I understand the talent acquisition and why it was done, and most of it I've agreed with. I've definitely agreed with the scorched earth that we lit up a few months ago. But I'm not sure that we are doing our best to continually put ourselves in the best position to succeed, and I'm not sure that our general manager is as smart or smarter than his predecessor in some areas.

In any event, I appreciate your practical approach to the conversation. Idiot cheerleaders have no place in this type of a discussion.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:18 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Like: Clark is a lot better all-around player than Dee Ford and is younger.

Don’t like: turning Dee Ford and a first-round pick into Frank Clark and a better third-round pick. That price is a bit high.

Hate: Adding another domestic violence guy to the team. I know the Michigan stuff is in the past and he wasn’t charged and she hit him first and all of that, but that’s an awfully big risk to take on while the Tyreek Hill stuff is ongoing.
The Hate part I agree.

But remember we got likely one of the higher picks in the second round for Ford, and gave up one of the lowest in the first for Clark. In the end they might only be a few picks apart from each other.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 04-23-2019
They obviously didn't want Ford. And with what compensation they got, the rest of the league didn't really either.

I'd have preferred to keep Ford, but it seems Clark is a pretty big upgrade.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:18 PM 04-23-2019
Just saw the news.

That is the most egregious overpay I've seen in years.

The Chiefs essentially traded Ford, a first and a second for Frank Clark and a second.

And they still have to pay Clark.

Holy shit, Reid's front office arrogance is destroying another team.
It’s been said that this deal is similar to the Demarcus Lawrence deal. The Cowboys can get out of that deal with $40 million back after year 3.

Quit looking at the total number and wait for the structure.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:18 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So Ford’s pressure rate is 14 percent and Clark’s is almost 24 percent?

That’s impressive in and of itself.
Presumably with a DE rotation of Speaks, Okafor, and Ogbah, we can keep Clark fresh to continue to rape faces.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:19 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We should've traded for Vernon Gholston...
Your first post in this thread

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:19 PM 04-23-2019
:-) just stop
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:19 PM 04-23-2019
I open up twitter and the headline reads, The Chiefs are under fire after Frank Clark’s past domestic issues resurface...
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:19 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s been said that this deal is similar to the Demarcus Lawrence deal. The Cowboys can get out of that deal with $40 million back after year 3.

Quit looking at the total number and wait for the structure.
Pro tip: longer deals always have outs after 3 years.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 140
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up