ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4689 of 4909
« First < 3689418945894639467946854686468746884689 4690469146924693469947394789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:22 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Payton might want to walk this back. Throws shade on the entire offense

sounds like something Veach could be saying
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:32 AM 12-28-2023
This is a just in case move to no commit more money. If they can't lock down a better player then he stays.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:07 AM 12-28-2023
Who was that wise sage who predicted that the Sean Payton/Broncos experiment would burst into a flaming pile of AIDS in less than 2 years and that he wouldn't be back for the 2025 season? Man...who was it? Anyone remember? Oh yeah, it was me.

Kiszla: After throwing Russell Wilson under the bus, how long before Sean Payton loses trust of Broncos locker room?
The Broncos are Payton’s mess, and we ain’t buying the balderdash he’s selling.
PUBLISHED: December 27, 2023 at 9:13 p.m. | UPDATED: December 27, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.

With arrogance as ugly as it is unfounded, Broncos coach Sean Payton tapped into another page Wednesday from his big jerk playbook. He took the football away from Russell Wilson, because Wilson now serves Payton better as a scapegoat than a quarterback.

“I’m hopeful it gives us a spark,” Payton said.

He insisted benching Wilson for Jarrett Stidham was a football move all about winning for a team that’s two weeks away from packing up the gear and heading to Cancun for vacation.

Maybe Payton believes he can BS all of us knuckleheads all the time.

But I don’t believe a word you’re saying, Sparky.

Spoiler!

link
[Reply]
notorious 09:18 AM 12-28-2023
Having an anchor contract like this on your team interests me, so I went to the Bronco board to learn about it. This is what I found:

Originally Posted by :
With the benching of Russ will come a lot of salary dumps. Bolles, Patrick, Jeudy, Jewell, Singleton, K'Wuan Willams and Simmons are guys that will get cut or traded I guarantee it. Look for some big swinging moves during or just before the draft.
Originally Posted by :
Cut/trade:

Bolles saves 16m in cap (age 32)
Patrick 10M (age 31)
Sutton 10M (age 29)
Simmons 14M (age 31)
Jones 10M (age 29)
Singleton 4.5M (age 31)

64M in cap room.

If this is the plan, then may as well trade Surtain to start the rebuild. Some of the guys above may fetch a 3rd or more, but only Surtain would return enough to accelerate a rebuild. If, and it is a huge if, we can get a couple 1st round picks (think Ramsey trade), then we could be competitive again in 2025 or 2026.
Originally Posted by :
How I understand the post june 1 designation per the OTC article explaining it is we will have to deal with 100% of Wilson's dead cap in March. We then get cap relief in June. So we can avoid the March trigger of another 37 mil guarantee but we can not avoid the 85 mil cap hit. I think in terms of Wilson the cap will be even in 2025 assuming we roll over what is gained in June to 2025. We may end up with dead money elsewhere for 2025 in all the other moves we do though.

I assume we keeping Stidham in this move and he is not on the table for cutting.

With that said we can keep 1 of the following players - Sutton, Simmons, Bolles, DJ Jones and Patrick. We can keep two but we would have to essentially have to cut 4-6 other players in a list of about 8-9.

We probably would need to release more after that in order to meet our rookie salaries and get enough cap in order to replace the players we just cut.

This is not even counting that we are currently 18 mil over the cap already in 2024 and what the salary cap goes to.

Originally Posted by :
Wow collateral damage from 1 bad signing
Originally Posted by :
Hopefully someone besides Paton making these calls...
These guys know their team better than we do. Looks ugly.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:30 AM 12-28-2023
The General should officially get his stars ripped off anytime now
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:33 AM 12-28-2023
The notion that Surtain could bring two 1st round picks shows us all exactly how good the weed in Colorado is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:50 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Add another one to the list. Will be 7 in 9 seasons.

This is PERFECT.

Denver cuts Russ post June 1st (to not completely kill their cap in 2024, but just too mortally wound it for 2024 & 2025).

KC signs Russ to one year 'revenge' deal, promising him the opportunity to pull down Payton's pants on National TV. (Note: schedule had previously been released and we already know Chiefs and Denver are playing on a Sunday night matchup in Mile High, due to media being convinced now Denver is good due to 9-8 second place finish in AFC West and their first win over Chiefs in 17 tries)

Week 5 matchup comes up in Denver (because of course it's scheduled early because talking heads as much as they say 'Denver's back', NFL knows deep down they will falter down the stretch again and disappear so no point in late season matchup that won't mean anything). KC is likely 4-0 or 3-1, defense has been solid, not great, but offense (after complete off-season overhaul and new WR's, coaches, etc. is back to humming). Denver is also 3-1 due to front loaded schedule with altitude inflated assistance. Both teams coming into game feeling good about themselves, especially Denver because they are 'BACK' and on Prime Time against the Chiefs for a chance to take early division lead.

Denver has spent all week preparing for Mahomes and the new and improved Andy Reid upgraded offense. Suddenly the day before, the all world QB Patrick Mahomes goes down with an injury (don't worry, he's faking it), OMG, what will the Chiefs do!

You know what happens next: Russ steps in 'I got this coach' (secretly he had been running reps with the first team off and on all week). Andy Reid busts out the 2017 Alex Smith offense that took the Patriots (and the NFL world) by storm and Russ looks 'perfect' in this dumbed down user friendly scheme. Russ goes 23-28, 215 yards, 3 TD's, but one fumble due to tripping over his own feet when trying to scramble. KC wins in a laugher 27-13 and reminds everyone why they are the big dog.

After the game, Russ is all smiles and is interviewing with (pick favorite hot female post game interviewer) and explaining how he just knew God might give him an opportunity like this for this week. He gives Sean Payton a hug (quietly murmurs 'go **** yourself') and jogs off the field getting high fives and praises and raises his finger in the air signaling #1 (when in fact, he was actually flipping off the Denver fanbase, but who would actually believe that, right? I mean, come on, it's super Christian Russell Wilson).

He gets ready to celebrate with his teammates and comes back to the locker room only to find a piece of pink paper hanging inside his locker that says 'Come see me' - Coach Reid.

He goes into Coach Reid's janitor room (because it's Denver, so of course they wouldn't have nice facilities and an office area for the visiting head coach) and Coach Reid tells him 'Russ, thanks my man, great performance. Now I'm gonna need your playbook, your keys and any self respect you have left over'.

Russ silently cries to himself in the corner while Andy chow downs on an Atomic Cheeseburger from Bob's, smiling as melted cheese drips down the side of his GOAT mustache.

Thanks for the memories, Rusty.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:23 AM 12-28-2023

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Eleazar 11:41 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
No one outside of Kansas City has ever heard of that dude, so if it happened to him no one cared and it never got talked about.
dude had what, 30 career receptions?

*edit - 39. Still, Skyy Moore has already passed him.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:45 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Having an anchor contract like this on your team interests me, so I went to the Bronco board to learn about it. This is what I found:

These guys know their team better than we do. Looks ugly.
They're definitely overreacting. Tim Patrick is 100% gone, because he can't get on the field and is being paid as if he's a difference maker. Bolles and Sutton will stay, not sure about the others.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:47 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I could understand this move if he was playing like last year. But, he's not.

Its about getting rid of Wilson. Personality conflict? Payton doesn't like his work ethic or buying into his system etc.
Russ' skill set (or lack thereof) does not match Payton's scheme. Russ was gone next year the moment Payton was hired, IMO.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:33 PM 12-28-2023
I'm trying to figure out (best case scenario) how this plays out.
They find a young gun next year or two. still paying for Rusty in some form or fashion Young gun wants a substantial contract. They give it to him but lose 1/3 of the other "play makers" due to free agency. Can't afford them. I'm thinking this is 10 years of purgatory for the Donks.
[Reply]
notorious 12:38 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
They're definitely overreacting. Tim Patrick is 100% gone, because he can't get on the field and is being paid as if he's a difference maker. Bolles and Sutton will stay, not sure about the others.
I remember the “cut everyone” days here. This Denver team has isn’t near as bad as those teams were.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:44 PM 12-28-2023
The fact that Sean Payton - who's an Urban Meyer-style jackass imo - panicked and took the Donks job instead of sitting tight for a mere 9 more months and almost certainly getting the much, much better Chargers job is very heart-warming for me.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:45 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The fact that Sean Payton - who's an Urban Meyer-style jackass imo - panicked and took the Donks job instead of sitting tight for a mere 9 more months and almost certainly getting the much, much better Chargers job is very heart-warming for me.
They have major cap issues as well. They will be cutting/trading some on that roster this off season.
[Reply]
Page 4689 of 4909
« First < 3689418945894639467946854686468746884689 4690469146924693469947394789 > Last »
Up