ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4652 of 4915
« First < 3652415245524602464246484649465046514652 4653465446554656466247024752 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:45 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He has a bonus due if he stays next season (not currently accounted for on spotrac or overthecap). If they keep him in 2024 they're essentially committing to him for more years, and I don't think they're ready to do that.
I think this will depend on multiple factors. Where is Denver picking? Who is coming out in the draft?

If they pick where they are now, 9th, then Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are unattainable. If Penix or McCarthy comes out they may be able to get him, but that would require giving up more draft assets to get him.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:56 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
The truth about what that game means is, as is usually the case, somewhere in the middle of the two extremes being presented here.

1) It was a meaningful game for the Broncos. Was it their Super Bowl? Well, losing sixteen straight games against a division rival is obviously not normal or acceptable. More emphasis should have been put on this game, and it obviously was.

2) It was very likely a watershed moment for them. Did they turn into a Super Bowl contender overnight? I wish; but realistically, no. I think it's pretty likely, though, that Broncos fans will look back on that game and say, "That was the beginning of the end of the worst run of loser's mentality in team history."

3) It wasn't just a meaningless blip on the radar for you guys. After the failed 3rd-down play on your first drive, Mahomes and Nik Bonitto got into some sort of verbal altercation. You could see Mahomes saying, "Okay. Let's go. Let's see what happens." I remember thinking, "Man, why in the world would you want to poke that bear?" It seemed to really nicely set the narrative for a hero game. The flu. A 3-and-out first drive in a hostile environment. And now Mahomes is pissed off on a personal level. Here comes 5 TD passes.

But then, it just never materialized - the hero game never developed. And more importantly, the script the Broncos had been following all season (a couple good scripted drives to start, and then total implosion) stayed in the green room. It's not that Mahomes and company didn't want it to happen. The Broncos just decided not to act like chumps, for a change.

I like to think that the Broncos became semi-relevant again on Sunday. I doubt it's enough to get them into the playoff picture, at this point. But it's a good sign for us.
Is this guy serious? :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:06 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think this will depend on multiple factors. Where is Denver picking? Who is coming out in the draft?

If they pick where they are now, 9th, then Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are unattainable. If Penix or McCarthy comes out they may be able to get him, but that would require giving up more draft assets to get him.
More draft assets? Are you saying Penix and McCarthy will go before 9? I'd be surprised.

I'm no draft guru, but I'm not too concerned about finding the next QB. Between Penix, McCarthy, Nix, Ewers, Leonard, Daniels, Sanders and likely others there will be someone there.
[Reply]
BEAVER 03:55 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

For the love of GOD - please take the Penix.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:47 PM 11-02-2023
Whatever QB the Broncos draft has a pile of Mr Irrelevants to hurdle
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:54 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Whatever QB the Broncos draft has a pile of Mr Irrelevants to hurdle
I’m never quite sure what you’re talking about.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:15 PM 11-02-2023
You have illegitimate children in Hornsbeak, Tennessee. Who share your fondness for tattered bell bottomed corduroy bibs
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:19 PM 11-02-2023
I’m never quite sure what you’re talking about.
No one is. He's living in a world all his own
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 05:24 PM 11-02-2023
Dennis Miller with head trauma
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:36 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
For the love of GOD - please take the Penix.
Penix would be an awesome choice if it wasn't for the two ACLs and bum right shoulder. I'd be shocked if he didn't tear his ACL again and had an 11 to 12 year football career in the NFL.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:40 PM 11-02-2023
It’s great to see that Denver fans have their cockiness back. Little do they know how screwed they are. They’re positioned worse than any franchise in the league for the next few years. A week ago their FO was on the verge of accepting this reality. Now they’ll either a) think they’re close or b) try to force it to justify the Wilson trade/contract. Even if they do start over and go back to the drawing board, they’ll probably just get worse over the next few years, with no guarantee of ever getting close to KC’s level.

But keep crowing about the worst thing that could have happened for your future. Just shows how deeply our team is lodged in your heads. :-)
[Reply]
Bronco Yoda 02:36 AM 11-03-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
The weather is awesome! Im right up the road from 1000 Steps Beach. It's really a beautiful place to live! (Regardless of the woke population). If you know the area, then you know what I mean...Relocated from Maui after the fires. Have friends and family here. Plan to stay awhile.
I'm real sorry to hear that. It's been years since I visited Maui. My Dad and some family had to evacuate and relocate from Kauai after Hurricane Iniki destroyed everything in the 90's. They never went back.
[Reply]
Bronco Yoda 03:28 AM 11-03-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Do you really want to have that discussion in an open forum like this, Yoda? I mean, really? Keep in mind that there are repercussions for the choices you make in life. Repercussions like "Gee, I can't have an account to post on the Orange Huddle?" Pfft. That's not anything of significance. Some things go way beyond that. And some of us are just technologically savvy enough to gather and keep receipts.

I have done you a courtesy, at this point, with the hope that you would go a different direction and move on to the next person or organization with whom you are really, really angry because they really, really screwed you. My guess is that you find new individuals or groups to be targets for your ire about once a week. Just count on that policy coming to an end, the minute you start harassing me or any of our regular posters.

So, think about it. Let's avoid going off all half cocked, shall we? Thanks, my friend.
Are you drunk kiddo? Seriously. What are you even talking about? "technologically savvy"? Receipts? "Screwed you"? "Ire"???

Yeah, let's have this talk. I have nothing to hide. Now I'm really intrigued... You now must give us all details! lol

Did someone play you for a fool? :-)!!! Sounds like you got really punked!

What courtesy in your crazy little mind do you think you've given me? :-)

Whatever is going on it's certainly not me. Send me an email and we can talk on the phone. Sounds to me like you've been played... And you owe me an apology for being so stupid.

[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:36 AM 11-03-2023
More draft assets? Are you saying Penix and McCarthy will go before 9? I'd be surprised.

I'm no draft guru, but I'm not too concerned about finding the next QB. Between Penix, McCarthy, Nix, Ewers, Leonard, Daniels, Sanders and likely others there will be someone there.
Your chances of getting a really good QB are much better if you're picking near the top.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:42 AM 11-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda:
Are you drunk kiddo? Seriously. What are you even talking about? "technologically savvy"? Receipts? "Screwed you"? "Ire"???

I think it means he's been in IT for over 3 decades and knows how to take pictures with his phone if there are any questions surrounding his ability to spend $100 at The Olive Garden.
[Reply]
Page 4652 of 4915
« First < 3652415245524602464246484649465046514652 4653465446554656466247024752 > Last »
Up