ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 PM 03-23-2024
This was a win for other conference contenders and I'm not sure that's arguable. Dude ERASED elite guys.....and we get a pick valued at about 4 slots
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:53 PM 03-23-2024
The best case scenario is fully using the created cap space on talented but older players willing to chase a ring.

Hollywood Brown was a younger player willing to bet on himself and a great signing.

We need to add LT and Pacheco insurance before the draft. I also would like to see another vet WR cheap because if Skyy Moore is still on the roster opening day something went wrong.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:28 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
This was a win for other conference contenders and I'm not sure that's arguable. Dude ERASED elite guys.....and we get a pick valued at about 4 slots
Heard that a lot a couple years ago after a certain trade and all the Chiefs have done since is win Super Bowls so I’m sure they’re reserving their excitement :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:41 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Among all of his talents, if Veach has displayed one absolute superpower, it is drafting one badass corner after another. If this holds, shipping off Sneed for whatever we can get is wisely taking advantage of what we do better than anybody else in the league. I would have loved more compensation, but if Veach thinks Sneed's money is better spent elsewhere, I trust him.
This is the bottom line. I adored Sneed and really enjoyed watching him, but Veach knows what he's doing. I'll shed a few tears now to be happy next February.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:58 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Just got home after a long trip and saw this. What a piss poor deal, there must be an issue with Sneed having aids that we don't know about.
looks to me that it’s the going rate.

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:16 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.
I get it but the best thing for the team is to let him play on the tag. That would not have been the best thing for Sneed's wallet however.

It's a good point though. If we didn't have three really good CB's behind Sneed I'd be really unhappy.
[Reply]
nychief 06:30 AM 03-24-2024
Still a shitty trade.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:49 AM 03-24-2024
In the playoffs, Sneed gave up big plays in every game except the Miami game. He made one spectacular play to knock the ball loose before Flowers broke the plane of the endzone, but remember he was burned before that on a big play to get the Ravens down there. He gave up a TD against Buffalo and a TD against San Francisco.

KCs defense is going to be fine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God what a bummer. After all the talk of 1st round picks or even a 2nd round pick plus some we get a 3rd and not even a 3rd this year. A 3rd next year.

What a shit ass trade. Should have kept him for ****s sake.
Forgot who posted this earlier......

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey.

Bucs got a late 3 for Davis.

Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

[Reply]
Shields68 08:31 AM 03-24-2024

I wonder how much of Sneeds salary demands also affect the going rate. It probably narrows the number of teams involved where you know you may have to over pay him slightly on a 4 year deal. Be interesting to hear what the Titans end up signing him for.

Basically your down to teams with a lot of cap space and still think they will be competitive with a shut down corner.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 AM 03-24-2024
Forgot who posted this earlier......

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey.

Bucs got a late 3 for Davis.

Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The value of the pick at the moment is a 4th
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:37 AM 03-24-2024
My money says that future 3rd will be packaged in a trade up in this years draft.
Sorry if a repost.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:40 AM 03-24-2024
This is what it is to be king.

Can't pay everybody.

Mahomes plus best 52 wins Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:51 AM 03-24-2024
The value of the pick at the moment is a 4th
It’ll be a 3 when we use it. BART VATCH GOT US AN ULTRA RARE APPRECIATING ASSET! Those are hard to come by.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:57 AM 03-24-2024
First of all, I really liked having Sneed as a Chief. Thought he was a very good player, and definitely a team guy. That said, as per the trade, it's still not over as we don't know what BV is gonna do with the 19M in additional cap room. Kinda mystifies me that a guy who played a huge role in constructing a couple of Super Bowl winners isn't being given the benefit of AT LEAST WAITING TO SEE THE WHOLE TRADE before passing judgement. And yeah, I know it's part of fandom to give such trades an immediate thumbs up/down....heck it's fun and I hope I don't come across as suggesting that it's a bad thing.

But how about we wait just a bit to see the complete trade?

Clearly, BV thinks this deal is best for the Chiefs (can't imagine that he'd make a deal he thought was bad). So, personally, I'm hoping that Sneed passes the physical. If he doesn't and BV thinks he needs the cap space that much, would he simply remove the tag and let Sneed walk? And yeah, I know there are prolly a dozen other ways to get the cap space.....but what if???

As you can tell, I'm ok with this Sneed deal as it's the best we could do (and yes, I wish it was for more, but it simply isn't).

I'm most anxious to see what BV can do with that 19M.....Fun City!

Lastly, gotta tell you how much I enjoy reading your alls takes on Chiefs matters....it definitely brighten my days to see that I'm not the dumbest rock in the drawer. Oops, did I actually say that? Flame away!

PS. Seriously, thanks tons for sharing your views and passion....Chiefs Planet is da bomb!!!
[Reply]
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up