ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you in favor of releasing Tyreek Hill?
Yes 243 45.25%
No 294 54.75%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll
Page 46 of 77
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you in favor of releasing Tyreek Hill?
TLO 06:22 PM 04-25-2019
[Reply]
TEX 07:32 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
look the majority of players for a team are just numbers, most do not take "personal" feelings into effect. Either your good enough or your not, period.

My take is to do whatever it takes to make the team better. Do I want Hunt or Hill on the team ? No but I would have NEVER just given them away or released them until I could recoup a high, 1st or at worst 2nd round pick.

How would I do it? I'd keep Hunt until the end of the season, as I would with hill and have all of the things they did fade in peoples minds. Once they both have steller years like you would expect, trade them. I think you could easily get a first for Hill and at worst a second for Hunt.

At that point its up to your GM to find the right 1st and 2nd picks in the draft. But to let them go for nothing is right up there with the stupidest moves ever. The only way I would do that was if they were convicted of a crime and in jail for 2 years or more. other than that its tag and trade for me.

The browns could easily get a second round pick if he comes back and plays great and they trade him in the off season.
Im was on board for keeping Hunt and am in favor of keeping Hill. However, if I was on the other side, I would certainly get behind your way of thinking. It represents a way to gain something from a bad situation, without losing everything and gaining nothing. No way would I just release them without trying to get something for them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 AM 05-15-2019
look the majority of players for a team are just numbers, most do not take "personal" feelings into effect. Either your good enough or your not, period.

My take is to do whatever it takes to make the team better. Do I want Hunt or Hill on the team ? No but I would have NEVER just given them away or released them until I could recoup a high, 1st or at worst 2nd round pick.

How would I do it? I'd keep Hunt until the end of the season, as I would with hill and have all of the things they did fade in peoples minds. Once they both have steller years like you would expect, trade them. I think you could easily get a first for Hill and at worst a second for Hunt.

At that point its up to your GM to find the right 1st and 2nd picks in the draft. But to let them go for nothing is right up there with the stupidest moves ever. The only way I would do that was if they were convicted of a crime and in jail for 2 years or more. other than that its tag and trade for me.

The browns could easily get a second round pick if he comes back and plays great and they trade him in the off season.
First, good luck finding a team willing to give a premium pick for a RB with his history and the fact that you can sign guys off the street and get similar production with a RBBC.

Second, the Browns trading Kareem Hunt? How? He's got a 1 year deal and he won't even be on the field until AFTER the trade deadline.
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:43 AM 05-15-2019
the more this lags, the more I think he stays on this team. I think they give him 8 games and he appeals and gets 6... what say you all?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:49 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
the more this lags, the more I think he stays on this team. I think they give him 8 games and he appeals and gets 6... what say you all?
Unless Crystal and her family come out with some absolutely damning evidence, he's probably clear. He's already admitted and in counseling for spanking the kid, and that really isn't enough to punish him for, regardless of how people feel personally about it.

He's either innocent of the more heinous things such as breaking the kids arm, or his lawyers are excellent and have muddied the waters up enough with proof that he'll be okay even if he did do something. Either way, it'll take something really damning to actually convict him.

The audio is a whole different matter. I'm assuming he's getting a suspension just based on his prior history and what he said to her.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:04 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I get your frustrations with cutting Hunt and getting nothing in return. It sucked......a lot. However, I don't see that the Chiefs are really any worse off for doing it, other than recouping a late pick for him. Thompson looks like a similar player. Hopefully he will be. If so, we just got more cost controlled years on a rookie contract with him. And, we likely don't draft him if we still had Hunt. Williams performed well in his stead as well. As good as he was, his violence along with our depth at RB, made him expendable.
Since you stated so much as fact that is, at best, speculation, let me counter with, "it cost us a trip to the Super Bowl"...

The truth is, we'll never know. But losing a key member of a well-oiled offense that needed to score 40+ points (and sometimes more) to win games, yeah, that hurt a LOT.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:07 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Good. We need him for our SB ambitions.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:13 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It was a really stupid decision. Were you suggesting for Chief Fan to stop ****ting on the play of Mark Castle?
I didn't like it but he lied to them repeatedly. I think they feel that a trust had been broken. And I really, really hate that the Browns signed him. Since they are an up and coming team in the AFC, this could really bite us in the butt. Still, I don't blame the Chiefs for doing what they felt they had to do.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:21 AM 05-15-2019

It's pretty naive to think that NFL teams would be willing to give up high draft picks for players with questionable behavior and off the field problems.
[Reply]
tonyetony 08:37 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
It's pretty naive to think that NFL teams would be willing to give up high draft picks for players with questionable behavior and off the field problems.
Frank Clark says hello
[Reply]
Color Red 08:54 AM 05-15-2019
There is a lot to this, not the least of which is the Hunt family concern for Hill's family (children).

Other issues:

NFL process...

Hearsay issue, evidence...

Crystal's responsibility...

Concern to teach young men from who come from hard backgrounds...

Liability issues...

The inequity of cutting a player who ends up going to another team to perform (Kareem Hunt)…

You can probably think of more.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:04 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Since you stated so much as fact that is, at best, speculation, let me counter with, "it cost us a trip to the Super Bowl"...

The truth is, we'll never know. But losing a key member of a well-oiled offense that needed to score 40+ points (and sometimes more) to win games, yeah, that hurt a LOT.
Oh, it was definitely speculation. I'm not sure how I came across as stating anything as fact. I used words like probably will and likely.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:21 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

Hunt was on the Commissioners Exempt List for the remainder of the season. He wasn't playing for the rest of the 2018/2019 season regardless of what we did or didn't do
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:37 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hunt was on the Commissioners Exempt List for the remainder of the season. He wasn't playing for the rest of the 2018/2019 season regardless of what we did or didn't do
Yet, we could have kept him. NEVER release assets.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:42 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Oh, it was definitely speculation. I'm not sure how I came across as stating anything as fact. I used words like probably will and likely.
My bad. I just think it was terrible to lose Hunt when/like we did. For nothing (!!!!); just because we wanted to look like good guys in a league where being a good guy doesn't mean shit, nor help win championships.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:02 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by tonyetony:
Frank Clark says hello
I presume he sent this Hello by Western Union telegram from 5 years ago, not from this past offseason. Any word on whether Frank Clark's kids have ever been taken away by CPS?
[Reply]
Page 46 of 77
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up