ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 68
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:51 PM 06-15-2013
That's not saying much. There's Superman, Superman II, and then . . . all the rest.
[Reply]
-King- 12:10 AM 06-16-2013
Holy dog tits that was great.

Slightly rushed, but fuck it, it was as epic as can be.

I don't usually see movies twice in theaters, but I have to for this one. Wow. Hopefully I can do Imax when I see it again.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 01:17 AM 06-16-2013
Just finished seeing this.

Definitely a movie you want to see in theater. Someone mentioned MoS being Snyder's best film, it isn't, 300 is significantly better, but MoS is still good.

7.5/10

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DBOSHO 07:06 AM 06-16-2013
I walked out disappointed. I think the review by the critic posted a couple pages back for the most part was spot on, along with a couple posts by you guys.

Barely any character development.

Really cheesy in some points. Didn't like the actor who played Zod one bit.

Holographic Russell Crowe was random.

I just didn't like it. I was more excited about it than any other movie this summer. I'm a Zach Snyder fan and I don't think he did it justice. Just my 2 cents.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:05 AM 06-16-2013
I saw it and liked it.

I think most of the problems with the film are the problems with making a superman movie. There has been so much superman exposure over the years, not to mention he is just goddamn indestructible. It's really hard to have a realistic film with superman as your main character.

I think the other problem is the dynamic has changed for hero flicks. I think this film was good enough, but there are such high standards now that this film is getting some undue criticism.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:36 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I saw it and liked it.

I think most of the problems with the film are the problems with making a superman movie. There has been so much superman exposure over the years, not to mention he is just goddamn indestructible. It's really hard to have a realistic film with superman as your main character.

I think the other problem is the dynamic has changed for hero flicks. I think this film was good enough, but there are such high standards now that this film is getting some undue criticism.
It really connected to me emotionally, I was teary eyed through practically half the movie.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:43 AM 06-16-2013
Going to see it at 11am, stoked
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:09 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I saw it and liked it.

I like both of these statements. Superman is a boring character, but also he's optimistic, which is not in vogue right now for superhero characters, especially those from DC who are all now, like it or not, living in the shadow of Christopher Nolan. While thirty years ago there was Christopher Reeve's Superman and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, now the superhero movies have turned toward the darker, more introspective, and emotionally tortured characters, like Christian Bale's Batman. Just look at the costumes: any superhero (DC or Marvel) who used to wear red and blue is now in maroon and navy, whereas brightly-spangled characters like Wonder Woman and the Flash are being ignored completely.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:21 AM 06-16-2013
Havent got around to this movie yet, but wow am i shocked to see so many scathing reviews and disappointment, sounds like the boat may have really been missed on this movie, but i'll reserve my judgement until i can check it out.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:58 AM 06-16-2013
They tried to cram way too much into this movie. Everything did feel rushed and it was very poor character development. This is one of the few movies where I think a sequel will be much better than the first one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:03 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Best part of the movie?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by scott free:
Havent got around to this movie yet, but wow am i shocked to see so many scathing reviews and disappointment, sounds like the boat may have really been missed on this movie, but i'll reserve my judgement until i can check it out.
Definitely see it. It's worth your time. If nothing else for the visuals.
[Reply]
silver5liter 11:04 AM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
They tried to cram way too much into this movie. Everything did feel rushed and it was very poor character development. This is one of the few movies where I think a sequel will be much better than the first one.
Sadily with superman they kind of had too. There's alot of origin story to cover with an alien baby from krypton that crash lands, lives with a farmer family and how he learns his skills over the years. If it was just an origin story with no villain people would have been pissed. 2 & 3 will be better now that the origin is out of the way.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:26 PM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by silver5liter:
Sadily with superman they kind of had too. There's alot of origin story to cover with an alien baby from krypton that crash lands, lives with a farmer family and how he learns his skills over the years. If it was just an origin story with no villain people would have been pissed. 2 & 3 will be better now that the origin is out of the way.
They've said that Nolan will be less involved with the sequel, so I'm still a little worried that Snyder could fuck it up without Nolan holding his hand.
[Reply]
-King- 01:29 PM 06-16-2013
What kind of character developing were you guys expecting? Am I the only one who was glad they skipped over the majority of his childhood? Kinda like Batman Begins, everybody already knows the main backstory, to spend a lot of time trying to develop it would have been annoying to me. No one wants to see a full origin story everytime.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:42 PM 06-16-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
They've said that Nolan will be less involved with the sequel, so I'm still a little worried that Snyder could **** it up without Nolan holding his hand.
Just got back from seeing MOS...i feel like the sequel will def benefit from this movie and be better as long as they dont **** it up...

I give this a 7/10. Def my 4th best dc movie. I will go again but felt like the flashbacks etc were kinda annoying even if it did a decent job of backstory. More character depth wouldve helped imo...i kinda wanted more from his younger days.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 68
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up