ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 136
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
KCwolf 05:49 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Fantastic third round...have to say after Pinehurst last year really disappointing, good to see a close tournament. I think Speith has some putts to make tomorrow. After DJ getting screwed at Whistling Straits, there's plenty of good stories out there.

If Oostie has another 66 in him, could be very interesting.

And Chambers Bay looks like Augusta compared to last years Pinehurst ..... USGA and Mike Davis need to chill ... it's the US Open. The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) motto is "we keep golf green" .... guess the USGA feels different.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:10 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sorry to break up the US Open talk, but I thought I'd drop in here and say that for Father's Day I received a set of Adams hybrid irons, 4 iron to lob wedge. Pretty stoked about this! These clubs coupled with the Taylor Made SLDR Drier and Ping Scottsdale putter I won at a raffle a couple of weeks ago just means I need to actually learn how to play this game now.
:-):-):-):-):-):-)

Well, you can't blame the clubs, that's for sure...
[Reply]
tk13 06:14 PM 06-21-2015
These greens seem like such an adventure. It's amazing.
[Reply]
O.city 06:40 PM 06-21-2015
Come on Day.

I really wanna see a playoff. US open playoff is legit.
[Reply]
tk13 06:40 PM 06-21-2015
Dustin Johnson went from 2 up to 1 down just like that.
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 PM 06-21-2015
Poa greens are just the worst.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:57 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Poa greens are just the worst.
They are awful, but you can avoid that by just accepting that its going to be the dominant grass on your greens. Instead, the super and the USGA decided to piss up a rope.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by KCwolf:
And Chambers Bay looks like Augusta compared to last years Pinehurst ..... USGA and Mike Davis need to chill ... it's the US Open. The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) motto is "we keep golf green" .... guess the USGA feels different.
Golf course superintendents are the single largest supporters of water conservation, because it stops the players/members from bitching every time there is a dime-sized patch of brown anywhere on the course.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:05 PM 06-21-2015
Dustin Johnson falling apart. I'm ok with that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:06 PM 06-21-2015
If Dustin Johnson and Jim Furyk were playing fourball in the Ryder Cup, they could find a way to lose when dormie 5.
[Reply]
O.city 07:07 PM 06-21-2015
Its just too late in the year to play this type of course in that region. 8 weeks ago, the course looked beautiful and would have been great to play.
[Reply]
O.city 07:08 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They are awful, but you can avoid that by just accepting that its going to be the dominant grass on your greens. Instead, the super and the USGA decided to piss up a rope.
Theres just no reason to have them anywhere.

You can have great bentgrass anywhere, especially that area.
[Reply]
tk13 07:13 PM 06-21-2015
FOX is getting killed on Twitter because they're hardly showing Grace and he's tied for the lead.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:14 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Theres just no reason to have them anywhere.

You can have great bentgrass anywhere, especially that area.
No, you can't. You'll always get bent greens that are overtaken.

It's going to be hard as hell to grow bent greens there and not plow them under every five years because it doesn't get hot enough to burn the poa out. The shit grows everywhere.

The climate will grow bent, but it will grow poa better, and a species with superior adaptations will always win.

There's no reason to have the US Open on the Pacific coast because these are the greens they will always end up with.

They would have to treat and treat and treat, and it's still always going to come back.
[Reply]
O.city 07:15 PM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
No, you can't. You'll always get bent greens that are overtaken.

It's going to be hard as hell to grow bent greens there and not plow them under every five years because it doesn't get hot enough to burn the poa out. The shit grows everywhere.

The climate will grow bent, but it will grow poa better, and a species with superior adaptations will always win.

There's no reason to have the US Open on the Pacific coast because these are the greens they will always end up with.

They would have to treat and treat and treat, and it's still always going to come back.
Depends on your strain of bent, but yeah, it would always be tough.

You're just always going to have problems playing a poa green course with a championship finishing late in the afternoon.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 136
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up