ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 63
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Predarat 09:55 AM 05-29-2018
I really enjoyed it, Donald Glover was awesome as Lando, Alden Ehrenreich did well especially taking an iconic role, Woody Harrelson was very good too. Nice comeback after The Last Jedi. Not as good as Rogue One though, but that was a high bar to set. Will see it again!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:27 AM 05-29-2018

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:29 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Saw it and liked it. It was a fun movie.

Excellent review! Thank you.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:40 AM 05-29-2018
We saw it this weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought it was much better than the last 6 Star Wars movies. Chewy steals the show.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:34 AM 05-29-2018
I went with my 10 year old nephew. We both enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:22 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It looks like killing Luke killed the franchise. I can't imagine at this point any standalone doing better than Solo. No place to go but down from here.
Making derivative/shitty/politicized movies that shit all over what made the first movies great is what's killing the franchise.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:27 AM 05-31-2018
Very solid flick. I liked it even better than “Rogue One”, and definitely better than “TFA” and “TLJ” (which I hate more and more as time passes). I’d put this third after the original and “Empire”.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:20 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Inst there going to be 3 major ones just this summer?

I don't follow this inside baseball hate on Kathleen Kennedy. What decisions did she make that fucked up the Last Jedi? Is it just hiring Johnson? Giving him the keys to the next trilogy?
TLJ wasn't fucked up.

The hate for Kathleen Kennedy is mostly over the rampant feminism via Daisy Ridley and all the other dumb female roles like Captain Phasma and Admiral Holdo...plus people think TFA, Rogue One and Han Solo were poorly executed because all three had extensive reshoots.

Personally I think she's done a fine job, though not perfect (Rey is a shitty lead character who hasn't suffered at all compared to Luke), but people were always going to bitch.

If they want to bitch they should revisit the prequels. At least these movies are mostly well written and the acting and dialogue doesn't make you cringe.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:30 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
TLJ wasn't ****ed up..
:-)
[Reply]
JD10367 08:19 PM 05-31-2018
TFA and TLJ were pieces of lazy shit. TFA was literally a carbon copy of the original film. TLJ was full of stupid lazy writing (Leia floats through space! Luke astral projects!) and had useless and crappy deaths of two main characters. The order goes: Original (IV), Empire (V), Solo, Rogue, Return (VI), Revenge (III). I refuse to rank Phantom (I), Clones (II), Force (VII), and Jedi (VIII) because they suck.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:45 AM 06-01-2018
I know TFA was essentially (very much) a carbon copy of A New Hope, but I still enjoyed it.

I "liked" TLJ the first time I saw it, but after the second viewing I started not to. And my opinion has just kept sliding downhill for it ever since. I'll say it again - TLJ is a good enough movie in and of itself (fantastic cinematography), but when paired with the other seven Star Wars movies that came before it in this arc, it's a piece of shit that sends the story flying off the rails.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:01 AM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
TLJ wasn't ****ed up.

The people, who didn't exist, that were giving bad reviews on RottenTomatoes(this is according to you from other threads) are now the same people that don't exist in the theaters seeing Solo.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:32 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I know TFA was essentially (very much) a carbon copy of A New Hope, but I still enjoyed it.

I "liked" TLJ the first time I saw it, but after the second viewing I started not to. And my opinion has just kept sliding downhill for it ever since. I'll say it again - TLJ is a good enough movie in and of itself (fantastic cinematography), but when paired with the other seven Star Wars movies that came before it in this arc, it's a piece of shit that sends the story flying off the rails.
The Skywalker Saga needs a retcon to course correct the complete shitshow that Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy gave us..

IMO, it's the only way to recoup any integrity and good faith that's left in the franchise.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:44 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Making derivative/shitty/politicized movies that shit all over what made the first movies great is what's killing the franchise.
yawn
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:54 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
yawn
You seem to have lousy taste in movies. That's fine for you, because you like what you like. However, it's obviously not fine for a whole lot of potential moviegoers, who've chosen to sit out the shitty flicks that you pimp and defend.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 63
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up