ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4553 of 4914
« First < 3553405344534503454345494550455145524553 4554455545564557456346034653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:20 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Fat Russell = Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

Game manager QB's whose Super Bowl win was entirely a byproduct of a great defense.
Don't disrespect Jeff Hostetler with the Russell Wilson comparisons. That man has 2 Super Bowl rings.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:54 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If I'm the Broncos I'm scouting Ewers, Penix and Shedeur bc they are better than many draft classes 3rd/4th/5th options at QB.

I'd ship off Jeudy for an asset. I'd ask for a 2nd. Would also ship if Simmons.

Would not trade Surtain though. He's the most talented player on that team and he's young.
I've seen a surprising number of mock drafts with some combination of Williams, Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, and Leonard going in the first, but Denver takes an undersized edge because we apparently don't have enough of those already. I think any of those QBs would be a fantastic pick for Denver.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:55 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I've seen a surprising number of mock drafts with some combination of Williams, Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, and Leonard going in the first, but Denver takes an undersized edge because we apparently don't have enough of those already. I think any of those QBs would be a fantastic pick for Denver.
Haven’t you been listening to Dildo Joe? Russ is back!!
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:01 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Haven’t you been listening to Dildo Joe? Russ is back!!
Russ is playing well, but he's not the type of QB Payton wants, and he's turning 35 next month. I'll be shocked if they don't replace him, or at least set themselves up with a QB waiting to take over.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:32 AM 10-06-2023
Bolles and a bowl full of Huff. What could go wrong
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:56 AM 10-06-2023
Russ is playing well, but he's not the type of QB Payton wants, and he's turning 35 next month. I'll be shocked if they don't replace him, or at least set themselves up with a QB waiting to take over.
With their cap situation, I doubt they cut tater next year. The more likely scenario is, they sell off anyone with any kind of value and collect draft picks. They can cut ties in 25 and it won't be nearly as bad with a bunch of guys on rookie contracts
[Reply]
Pablo 10:56 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Fat Russell = Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

Game manager QB's whose Super Bowl win was entirely a byproduct of a great defense.
He literally threw another SB away at the goal line. He was basically Andy Dalton with a HOF coach and a generational defense.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:46 AM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
With their cap situation, I doubt they cut tater next year. The more likely scenario is, they sell off anyone with any kind of value and collect draft picks. They can cut ties in 25 and it won't be nearly as bad with a bunch of guys on rookie contracts
If we get #1 overall, I think we draft Caleb Williams and cut Russ. If we're picking later, I think we draft someone like Riley Leonard and have him wait a year behind Russ.

The wildcard (IMO) is Penix. He looks like the QB Payton wants (accurate, excels at reading defenses), but his injury history is scary. Payton did take the injury risk with Brees...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:57 AM 10-06-2023
I just don't see how they cut him with an 85 million dollar cap hit. They need to rebuild the rest of the team and then draft a qb so they can take advantage of the rookie contract, especially if they think Tater can be serviceable
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:08 PM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I just don't see how they cut him with an 85 million dollar cap hit. They need to rebuild the rest of the team and then draft a qb so they can take advantage of the rookie contract, especially if they think Tater can be serviceable
Yes, we should totally build up the rest of our team so we won’t have a chance to pick a high QB again, and in doing so, ignore one of the best QB drafts in recent memory.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:08 PM 10-06-2023
If we get #1 overall, I think we draft Caleb Williams and cut Russ. If we're picking later, I think we draft someone like Riley Leonard and have him wait a year behind Russ.

The wildcard (IMO) is Penix. He looks like the QB Payton wants (accurate, excels at reading defenses), but his injury history is scary. Payton did take the injury risk with Brees...
If Wilson keeps playing at a solid level, I think there's almost no chance they cut him after this season. Not only would they eat a huge sum in dead cap money, but it would be an admission that the trade was a massive disaster. I'm betting they're going to give Wilson every opportunity to justify that trade. Especially as long as Paton is there.

What are the odds of Williams being able to outproduce Wilson next year anyway? Especially after they've traded Jeudy and/or other weapons, with no cap space to sign any proven players.

That's what's so shitty about the Broncos' situation (and hilarious from a KC perspective). You went into this season thinking that one of your biggest weaknesses was at QB, and it's turned out to be the biggest strength. Replacing Wilson (even with Williams) could very easily make the Broncos worse the next year or two.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:10 PM 10-06-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If Wilson keeps playing at a solid level, I think there's almost no chance they cut him after this season. Not only would they eat a huge sum in dead cap money, but it would be an admission that the trade was a massive disaster. I'm betting they're going to give Wilson every opportunity to justify that trade. Especially as long as Paton is there.

What are the odds of Williams being able to outproduce Wilson next year anyway? Especially after they've traded Jeudy and/or other weapons, with no cap space to sign any proven players.

That's what's so shitty about the Broncos' situation (and hilarious from a KC perspective). You went into this season thinking that one of your biggest weaknesses was at QB, and it's turned out to be the biggest strength. Replacing Wilson (even with Williams) could very easily make the Broncos worse the next year or two.
Why would they care about justifying a trade made by a GM who likely won’t be with the team anymore? Also, drafting a QB wouldn’t be about being good next year.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:16 PM 10-06-2023
Not sure where the $85 million number came from:

"Denver probably releases Wilson prior to the fifth day of the 2024 league year to prevent being on the hook for the $37 million in 2025 after exercising the second option and using a post-June 1 designation. Denver wouldn't gain or lose any 2024 cap room this way because of Wilson's departure but would have a $49.6 million cap charge in 2025 relating to him."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...et-rid-of-him/
[Reply]
RunKC 12:18 PM 10-06-2023

JJ McCarthy, Shedeur Sanders, Quinn Ewers, Michael Penix, Riley Leonard, Bo Nix.

Not all will come out but being in the position for the 3rd QB is a good spot to be in with this QB class.

If for some reason all the QB's get ****ed then I'd draft the LT from Penn State bc he's supposed to be one of the best LT prospects in recent memory.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:19 PM 10-06-2023
Yes, we should totally build up the rest of our team so we won’t have a chance to pick a high QB again, and in doing so, ignore one of the best QB drafts in recent memory.
I mean, how could you justify doing anything else? If Tater remains serviceable, then that really your best option. Otherwise, you draft one of the top qb's with no talent around him and waste his cheap years rebuilding. Honestly, I'd be ok with that too, but it doesn't make sense to me.
[Reply]
Page 4553 of 4914
« First < 3553405344534503454345494550455145524553 4554455545564557456346034653 > Last »
Up