ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 53
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:12 PM 02-09-2021
Chiefs have decide what their most important position of need is...

OL?
DE?
WR?
LB?

You have to pick the best athlete available at 31. It could be a WR.
[Reply]
In58men 02:18 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Chiefs have decide what their most important position of need is...

OL?
DE?
WR?
LB?

You have to pick the best athlete available at 31. It could be a WR.
Not a lot of people will like it, but best case scenario is to trade back to acquire more picks.

If we stay, gotta take OT.
[Reply]
-King- 02:20 PM 02-09-2021
OL and DE through the draft. WR and LB through free agency
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:27 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He may have damaged our momentum more than the refball did. Slowing up on what would have been a possible TD, failing to turn his head multiple times to even locate the ball, slipping on what could've been a big play, and his horrific offsides penalty
Lets not forget that fumble against the Bills. He's just a speed guy. Draft his replacement next draft and when his contract runs out move on. He makes too many mistakes to resign to a deal.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:33 PM 02-09-2021
He really stinks.

To have all that speed and be left alone in single coverage all day and STILL not be able to get open and contribute anything of significance is just really embarrassing.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:43 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He really stinks.

To have all that speed and be left alone in single coverage all day and STILL not be able to get open and contribute anything of significance is just really embarrassing.
Speed isn't everything. This is hardly new. There are players faster than him that couldn't even accomplish what he has so far through two seasons.

Route running, blocking, hands, and yes intelligence. He lacks in those areas. You can still get separation without being a track runner.

Speed is primarily for returning kicks and gimmick plays. You don't need the other attributes above to be a return man or run a WR reverse. I'm disappointed in the pick but he's not the first or last draft pick that didn't live up to expectations which were largely built on speed.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:22 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yuck. Just design some gadget plays for him and that's it. We need to draft or sign a WR in FA to start. No way should we count on Hardman, Robinson or Pringle to step up. They are what they are. A gadget speed guy, a #4 WR and a JAG.
Hah. Yeah, "force-feed" him is a bit much. I'm just saying we need to see what the dude's got in a full-time starter role. Keep drawing up gadget screens and sweeps (like we did for Tyreek's rookie season), but I'd like to see him focus on progressing in this offense.

He's just not very valuable to us in his current role, though, outside of the Super Bowl he does seem to do much better when he's targeted more..
[Reply]
Pants 03:33 PM 02-09-2021
I think this SB was the last straw for me.

Going back and watching all the breakdowns by the YouTube boys on what went wrong, Mecole Hardman sticks out like a sore thumb covered in shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:56 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lets not forget that fumble against the Bills. He's just a speed guy. Draft his replacement next draft and when his contract runs out move on. He makes too many mistakes to resign to a deal.
Gadget plays are his only value.

He can't even return punts or kickoffs now. He's worthless.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:58 PM 02-09-2021
I’ve just accepted Hardman as the 4th wide receiver and gadget player. That’s all he really is to me. If he somehow achieves more than that, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

WR is a huge need. We only really have 1 good one, but luckily those guys can contribute right away. Probably need to find a cheap vet (the Bashaud Breeland of WRs) on a 1 year deal. I would absolutely be on board with taking one in the first. A Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool would be a welcomed addition.

OT is a huge need, but I’m intrigued by Niang. Maybe Fisher can be the LT next year, but I’m not going to rely on that. We’ll need to sign one (somehow). We can draft interior OL in the mid rounds.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 PM 02-09-2021
Hopefully he's relegated to jet sweeps from here on out
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 04:00 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We could’ve had Metcalf
That’s Tyreek’s fault. But yeah, the super bowl is the first time I wish we had metcalf. I’ve been an ardent Hardman supporter till now, but those three passes where he wasn’t even looking for the ball... wtf? What are you doing on the field?
[Reply]
Pants 04:01 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
That’s Tyreek’s fault. But yeah, the super bowl is the first time I wish we had metcalf. I’ve been an ardent Hardman supporter till now, but those three passes where he wasn’t even looking for the ball... wtf? What are you doing on the field?
And lining up by the team's kicker on that field goal.
[Reply]
kcclone 04:10 PM 02-09-2021
I think he is what he is at this point. Can’t be trusted on special teams.
You can run some jet sweeps etc with him because of his speed.

I think he can be a 3rd/4th WR putting up 300-500 per year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:55 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Metcalf ran the 40 at the same speed as Hardman. And he's 6'4.

Don't know what Veach and Reid were smoking when they overlooked him.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 53
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Up