ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 295
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
RB is a TOUGH row to hoe in the FAC, though.

Henry, Chubb and Jacobs were probably the 3 most productive 'pure' runners in the NFL last year. Ingram will get love because of his offensive system, Mack and Mixon are strong players in their own right and Devin Singletary is gonna be real good.

There are 3 RBs in the pro bowl each year, right? You think in the next 4 years he will pass 5 of those guys twice? Write off next year because I'd be shocked if he's not in a fairly heavy rotation w/ Williams.

I mean, it's not impossible like it would be in the NFC w/ Saquon, Elliott and McCaffrey having that stuff on lock with Cook and Kamara in reserve, but man - it'll be awfully tough.

I'd be surprised if he made a single pro bowl over those 4 years, let alone 2. He just doesn't have time, opportunity or name recognition on his side. Unless he truly DOES become Kareem Hunt in 2021, it seems pretty unlikely. And if he does - well damn, I'd hate to lose that 5th year option in the process of winning 2 more SB rings...

Ultimately few guys are playing on the 5th year anymore anyway. I like to have it because it provides valuable leverage in extension discussions, but when extending a RB isn't a great idea anyway, that leverage matters less and less.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:14 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well no shit. CEH only started one season :-).

Your obsession over college stats and a 40 yard dash is odd. It's literally all you've based your assessment on.
No it's not, I look at that total package, Taylor is bigger, faster and more productive. Simply facts,
[Reply]
thabear04 02:16 PM 04-24-2020

Match made in heaven. pic.twitter.com/RgURXUZG4O

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Hope Paul Rudd hears about this.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:19 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Jfc.

Do you really think 40 time matters that much for a rb?

Not to mention that the 4.6 is an unofficial time. Would you be less of a bitch about it if he ran a 4.52?
Why bother with him? It's like trying to explain trigonometry to a potato.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:20 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-)
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:20 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
One did this in the Big10. The other in the SEC.

How many defensive players from the SEC were drafted last night? How many from the Big10?
i put nothing into that, tell that to Jerry Rice out of,............Mississippi Valley State,
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
So when do we stop with this?

Taylor is bigger, more powerful, gained far more NCAA yards, ran a far faster 40, scored far more TD;s.

So what are we going with?
Again - Taylor is a 1-cut guy.

He would almost certainly be a better player than CEH in a system where you played mostly conventional 11 personnel from under center (or with a FB).

But Taylor DOESN'T play a style that translates as well to a shotgun running game. To maximize Taylor here we'd have to modify some of our sets and in so doing, we WON'T be maximizing Mahomes, Hill, Kelce at Watkins anymore.

Meanwhile CEH, because of his style of running and his ability to read/setup gaps, can fit seamlessly into this particular system and we get an upgrade at running back while maintaining a system that maximizes the best player in football and an array of weapons.

This....doesn't seem difficult.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:22 PM 04-24-2020
I know it's a small deal in the grand scheme of things. But I can't hear the name Darwin Thompson without thinking about him trying to toss the ball away after recovering Sorensona strip vs houston.

Dudes a decent runner but not sure he was grasping the offense. Chiefs looked terrified about putting him in pass pro.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:22 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
No it's not, I look at that total package, Taylor is bigger, faster and more productive. Simply facts,
He's bigger, faster in a straight line, but not game breaking fast. Not elite fast. 4.4 fast. Not 4.28 fast. And he certainly doesn't play to his timed speed.

He's not quicker. He doesn't have the repertoire of moves CEH has. He doesn't have CEH's lateral agility, explosion or vision. CEH has shown more power in his game than Taylor has. And Taylor's production came in a lesser conference. Facts.

Oh, one more fact: CEH was drafted by the SB winning Chiefs, who liked him more than Taylor. Taylor isn't a day 1 pick. FACT.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:23 PM 04-24-2020
If he took the wonderlic his score would be potato.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:23 PM 04-24-2020
Explaining taking a smaller, slower, less productive RB because he caught more passes, oh hell yes:-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:23 PM 04-24-2020

Hope you didn’t think we’d snag a @LSUfootball team captain in @Clydro_22 & then not have @Mathieu_Era on our live stream to talk about it...because that’s happening.

We begin at 5pm tonight. You won’t want to miss this.

Set a reminder ���� https://t.co/IfdJUGosb9

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 02:24 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He would almost certainly be a better player than CEH in a system where you played mostly conventional 11 personnel from under center (or with a FB).

But Taylor DOESN'T play a style that translates as well to a shotgun running game. To maximize Taylor here we'd have to modify some of our sets and in so doing, we WON'T be maximizing Mahomes, Hill, Kelce at Watkins anymore.

Meanwhile CEH, because of his style of running and his ability to read/setup gaps, can fit seamlessly into this particular system and we get an upgrade at running back while maintaining a system that maximizes the best player in football and an array of weapons.

None of us with brains ever considered Taylor an option, it's why he wasn't discussed at all.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:26 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Who said anything was difficult, the Chiefs want to use a first round pick on a RB to catch passes. I got it.

BUT.....Taylor will prove to be the better RB.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 295
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up