ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 63
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:07 PM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Also, Ron Howard got his ugly brother into the movie in a way that actually fit. I laughed when he showed up.

My only criticism is that they pulled their punches with the spaghetti western stuff at the end of the movie. They could have really leaned into it and done something cool. Alas.
Clint is an eighties horror film God!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It looks like killing Luke killed the franchise. I can't imagine at this point any standalone doing better than Solo. No place to go but down from here.
all it takes is a Darth Vader stand alone movie and all will be right in the world.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:31 PM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Sounds like a decent movie that nobody wants to see need on box office #'s.
$168 million globally.

Deadpool 2 is at $500 million globally two weeks from release.

Avenegers 3 still hasn’t broke through the $2 Billion barrier. But it’s close.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:35 PM 05-28-2018
Damn, look at the art for this movie.

The art for the sequel trilogy and Rogue One was all great but...I think this movie takes the cake.

https://imgur.com/a/XUT1fD3

The design for this movie was off the charts.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:38 PM 05-28-2018
I don't know why....but
Spoiler!
I could be wrong but I'd be super interested if there's something to it
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 PM 05-28-2018
I really wasn't up on all the backlash against Disney and Kennedy personally (I kind of went out of my way to avoid this thread and the giant abortion the Last Jedi thread turned into), but I've watched a few YouTube videos made by fans blasting them for the shitting all over the franchise and it seems to make sense that this is a big reason for Solo's underperformance. And that's a shame, since it's much better than VII and vastly better than VIII.

Perhaps this will cause some heads to roll, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:56 PM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I really wasn't up on all the backlash against Disney and Kennedy personally (I kind of went out of my way to avoid this thread and the giant abortion the Last Jedi thread turned into), but I've watched a few YouTube videos made by fans blasting them for the shitting all over the franchise and it seems to make sense that this is a big reason for Solo's underperformance. And that's a shame, since it's much better than VII and vastly better than VIII.

Perhaps this will cause some heads to roll, but I doubt it.
I think it just killed enthusiasm for upcoming movies more then revenge boycotting. That is the boat I am in anyways.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 PM 05-28-2018
Which one of you made this? :-)

$$$ speaks louder

[Reply]
okcchief 10:07 PM 05-28-2018
TLJ definitely hurt the opening weekend of this movie. This is the first Star Wars Movie I didn’t go to on opening night. I probably would have held off a few weeks except my kids wanted to see it, and I can’t take them to Deadpool. It was a fun flick, and I hope the positive buzz helps it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:00 AM 05-29-2018
There aren't "way too many" Star Wars movies. The Marvel market is even more saturated.

People just aren't as USED to this many Star Wars movies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There aren't "way too many" Star Wars movies. The Marvel market is even more saturated.

People just aren't as USED to this many Star Wars movies.
Inst there going to be 3 major ones just this summer?

I don't follow this inside baseball hate on Kathleen Kennedy. What decisions did she make that fucked up the Last Jedi? Is it just hiring Johnson? Giving him the keys to the next trilogy?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:14 AM 05-29-2018
VIII derailed everything for Star Wars. It'll still make billions for Disney through parks and movies, but if they're expecting these Star Wars Stories to make Marvel money, they're only fooling themselves. You can blame the director shake-up for the film's decline in profits, but the film was really good all things considering. It's kind of ironic that Critics praised VIII, and it's effect on the Star Wars brand, and then Critics are luke-warm on this film and it was much better than VIII and utilized it's canon properly to bring back feelings of nostalgia instead of diminishing it's heritage.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:59 AM 05-29-2018
Saw it and liked it. It was a fun movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:33 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
VIII derailed everything for Star Wars. It'll still make billions for Disney through parks and movies, but if they're expecting these Star Wars Stories to make Marvel money, they're only fooling themselves. You can blame the director shake-up for the film's decline in profits, but the film was really good all things considering. It's kind of ironic that Critics praised VIII, and it's effect on the Star Wars brand, and then Critics are luke-warm on this film and it was much better than VIII and utilized it's canon properly to bring back feelings of nostalgia instead of diminishing it's heritage.
Yeah, it's almost like the critics are umpires making up for a blown call.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:44 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm sure a Memorial weekend release didn't help it's #'s any.

As for me, I know I'm going to see it - probably this week. But, I'm not in any rush to see it.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 63
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up